Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    You're making the same argument that "deniers" make in regards to the power of the ecosystem - either we don't have the knowledge to properly estimate future weather and thus any man made impact, or the ecosystem is so powerful that our puny "pollution" can't knock it off where it wants to go.
    How about we just stop passing our time by creating fake industries until the earth absorbs us all, mmmkay?

What the Gas companies say:

What actually happens:
    Last edited by KickSave; 07-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Better than you can explain yourself apparently.
    Here we go with the gibberish responses again.
    Tell me where the bomb is or I will kill your son.

"Responsibility without conviction is weak, but it is sane. Conviction without responsibility, in the current incarnation of the Republican Party, is raving mad."

Quote Originally Posted by KickSave View Post
    What the Gas companies say:
    What actually happens:
    Yay, urban myths in place of rational arguments!

From the article that you took the pic from:
    The court references with concern the actions of Mr. Steven Lipsky, under the advice or direction of Ms. Alicia Rich, to intentionally attach a garden hose to a gas vent not a water line and then light and burn gas from the end nozzle of the hose. This demonstration was not done for scientific study but to provide local and national news media a deceptive video, calculated to alarm the public into believing the water was burning.
    There is another famous one where a guy lights his tap water, but that was happening in that location before fracking was even invented.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Seriously.

Geo-engineering. Holy Christ on a crutch.
    No, it's the globalists who crapped out a fraud.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Yay, urban myths in place of rational arguments!

From the article that you took the pic from:

There is another famous one where a guy lights his tap water, but that was happening in that location before fracking was even invented.
    Right, and I'm the denier?
    "What's so funny about peace , love and understanding?" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by USAFspeedboy View Post
    I wonder if anyone bothers to look up how much co2 humans are actually responsible for...

Nature[----------------------------------] this much
    Human [-] this much.

Man made co2 levels are a drop in the bucket compared to one volcano eruption, or continuous event.
    If our population growth was constant, i would agree with you. But it isn't. And along with exponentially more people comes more need for energy and subsequently it's biproduct.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    If our population growth was constant, i would agree with you. But it isn't. And along with exponentially more people comes more need for energy and subsequently it's biproduct.
    I agree that increases over time could be problematic log-term. But co2 levels have been much higher at various points in earths history. And i would venture that its fluctuated pretty much on the same cyclical path for a few million years. I dont know how accurate it is, but i read once that the dinosaur era had much higher levels of co2 and actually helped teraform areas of the earth that are now cold-deserts. Im no scientist, but this whole "earth is gonna self destruct from man made emmisions" thing seems like another scientific overreaction to evidence that fails to factor in the entire historical map of atmospheric activity. Hell, 40 years ago we were supposed to be entering an ice age by 2020. Now we are headed toward a heat age? Scientist are the worldd doomsday cult. Everytime they are wrong, they just pick out an arbitrary scenerio and run with it until its revealed as bullcrap. Just my opinion though.
    "Girl was bout as nutty as squirel $h!t"- Uncle ruckas.

Our ecosystem is fragile. Its a perfectly balanced design that can easily be thrown out of whack on small local levels by our careless actions, and through our persistent abuse can be thrown off kilter at a global level. We've shown time after time that business can trample the concerns of the environment and shout down any environmental study that seeks to protect it. I don't trust business or science to find any better solution than "stop causing the problem" in the first place.
    Ride a bike and stop blaming 'business'. Ever wonder why we FOR EXAMPLE ... want to mow our lawns with those crazy polluting mowers? Ever protest against it? We , AS CONSUMERS.... LOVE to pollute. We pat ourselves on the back when we put a beer can in a recycle bin. OR........ when we WASTE electricity (which the dots can connect back to polluters).... by posting on NST. WOOHOO !!!
    I promise I won't do it again

Global Warming. It's everywhere.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Quote Originally Posted by USAFspeedboy View Post
    I agree that increases over time could be problematic log-term. But co2 levels have been much higher at various points in earths history. And i would venture that its fluctuated pretty much on the same cyclical path for a few million years. I dont know how accurate it is, but i read once that the dinosaur era had much higher levels of co2 and actually helped teraform areas of the earth that are now cold-deserts. Im no scientist, but this whole "earth is gonna self destruct from man made emmisions" thing seems like another scientific overreaction to evidence that fails to factor in the entire historical map of atmospheric activity. Hell, 40 years ago we were supposed to be entering an ice age by 2020. Now we are headed toward a heat age? Scientist are the worldd doomsday cult. Everytime they are wrong, they just pick out an arbitrary scenerio and run with it until its revealed as bullcrap. Just my opinion though.
    That's just not how science works though. I'm sure you're familiar with the scientific method, and peer evaluation as well as subsequent scientists repeating experiments.

The rising CO2 levels (and potential effects) were hypothesized at the turn of the 20th century. Observations were made by various scientists throughout the 20th century which repeatedly confirmed rising CO2 levels, well before [and after] there was any "anti-oil/coal agenda". I just don't see how that much is up for debate.

If you wish to argue the effects of rising CO2 on our environment, i suppose there is a debate there. We don't know 100%. But to me it's hard to imagine there wouldn't be a negative effect.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Right, and I'm the denier?
    Who called you a denier? I would call you a fool if you were serious above, though.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

A landmark federal study on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, shows no evidence that chemicals from the natural gas drilling process moved up to contaminate drinking water aquifers at a western Pennsylvania drilling site, the Department of Energy told The Associated Press.

After a year of monitoring, the researchers found that the chemical-laced fluids used to free gas trapped deep below the surface stayed thousands of feet below the shallower areas that supply drinking water, geologist Richard Hammack said.
    Drilling fluids tagged with unique markers were injected more than 8,000 feet below the surface, but were not detected in a monitoring zone 3,000 feet higher. That means the potentially dangerous substances stayed about a mile away from drinking water supplies.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...lute-water-ap/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123