This is what the United States government is doing to innocent people at Guantanamo

Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def, volunteered to be force fed to demonstrate what detainees (prisoners) at Guantanamo go through twice a day.

120 prisoners are on hunger strike at Guantanamo protesting their innocence and the inhumane treatment taking place. 44 of them are being force fed.

(BTW, out of 779 detainees, only 7 have been convicted)

Let freedom ring!
    Last edited by Wounded Bear; 07-09-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Thanks Hyped
    "Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians -- you are not like him."

-Gandhi

FTFY
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Bear View Post
    Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def, volunteered to be force fed to demonstrate what detainees (prisoners) at Guantanamo go through twice a day.

[youtube]bc4Uqucobxo[/imgnow]

120 prisoners are on hunger strike at Guantanamo protesting their innocence and the inhumane treatment taking place. 44 of them are being force fed.

(BTW, out of 779 detainees, only 7 have been convicted)

Let freedom ring!
    Letting them die of starvation would be much more humane.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Letting them die of starvation would be much more humane.
    They should have been killed on the battlefield. Had that happened, we'd have never heard of Gitmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    They should have been killed on the battlefield. Had that happened, we'd have never heard of Gitmo.
    Right. Killing innocent people is better than arresting them.

All sarcasm aside, that's part of policy now, specifically in the case of drone strikes.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Right. Killing innocent people is better than arresting them.

Read more: http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30571...#ixzz2YV2eA5JX
    All sarcasm aside, that's part of policy now, specifically in the case of drone strikes.
    This is really sad to keep thinking about. Since I recall this being accurate as well. I thought there was some report out there of a top military official saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Not all were taken on a battlefield. Some were turned in as suspected Al Qaeda or Taliban for a reward. You can imagine how reliable that was. Think Salem Witch Trials.

Anyway, enemies taken on the battlefield are entitled to release or trial when the war is over. You shouldn't hold them in limbo in perpetuity.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I always imagine how the US would react if one of their citizens was being held under these circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    I always imagine how the US would react if one of their citizens was being held under these circumstances.
    We have people that are held by foreign governments all the time. Of note due to one of the people's relationship to MN, there were some hikers near Iran that were arrested and held for years for "spying".

In a no-holds-barred statement, two Americans who spent 781 days in an Iranian prison on spying charges called themselves hostages of sour U.S.-Iranian relations and described the screams of prisoners being beaten, the mental manipulation of their jailers, and how they lived in "a world of lies and false hope" until their sudden release last week.

Gone was the diplomacy and the words of gratitude to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that marked the statements from their fellow prisoner Sarah Shourd one year ago, when she was freed after 410 days in prison ahead of companions Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal.

This time, with all three back on U.S. soil and nobody left as possible bargaining chips, the trio condemned the Iranians but also criticized U.S. practices -- such as secret CIA prisons -- that they said their jailers would cite if they complained about conditions in Tehran.

Shourd also expressed some regret about the trio's decision to go hiking in Kurdistan in northern Iraq -- a country at war -- near its virtually unmarked border with Iran in July 2009. "We regret we didn't know more about that area," she said when asked whether in retrospect the three should have done things differently.

In their first public statements after returning to the United States on Sunday, Bauer and Fattal said they had no idea whether they crossed the border during their hike, as Iranian officials claimed.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...ikers-20110926
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

We have people that are held by foreign governments all the time.
    The numbers are off by a couple orders of magnitude.
    And our people weren't snatched from our own country.
    And that's even before we speculate about whether 1000 wrongs make a right.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Yay B-rock and crew!
    I'm your mama, I'm your daddy
    I'm that nigga in the alley
    I'm your doctor when in need
    Want some coke, have some weed
    You know me, I'm your friend
    Your main boy, thick and thin

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Ain't I clean, bad machine
    Super cool, super mean
    Dealin' good for the Man,
    Superfly, here I stand
    Secret stash, heavy bread
    Baddest bitches in the bed

I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman
    I'm your pusherman

Not really outraged.

We have people that are held by foreign governments all the time. Of note due to one of the people's relationship to MN, there were some hikers near Iran that were arrested and held for years for "spying".

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...ikers-20110926
    The way the US is getting these hostages is a unique situation IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyped View Post

FTFY
    my hunger strike would be sort lived.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error