Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I do think John Elway was the best of all time.
    Last edited by Mingo; 07-11-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    This thread just goes to show ya - lots of people saw different things when John Elway performed.
    or, a lot of people see the current crop of QBs differently

For me it is impossible to compare because of the "magic" factor ... I do see the Big Ben comparison somewhat, but Rothelisberger doesn't have the fire and electricity in his game - he'll extend the play, keep what seems dead alive, and, he is a physical force like Elway, but Elway used so many intangibles and had an absolute cannon .......

In terms of "magic" there are so few examples of guys who could consistently pull out these wins and come from behind victories - Elway's career was really amazing if you look at it - a number one pick, who early on had people whispering "bust", then establishing himself with legendary drives and playoff victories, only to have just about everyone outside of Broncodom feel he couldn't win a SB and should be traded while he had value ...

And we all know how it ended - 2 straight SBs - magic .... Not like Montana in a KC uniform, or Farve with his indecisiveness or Marino tossing passes into the stands vs the Jags ...

With all that, it is really hard for me to say that ( insert QB here ) reminds me of Elway

Quote Originally Posted by lucas707 View Post
    or, a lot of people see the current crop of QBs differently

For me it is impossible to compare because of the "magic" factor ... I do see the Big Ben comparison somewhat, but Rothelisberger doesn't have the fire and electricity in his game - he'll extend the play, keep what seems dead alive, and, he is a physical force like Elway, but Elway used so many intangibles and had an absolute cannon .......

In terms of "magic" there are so few examples of guys who could consistently pull out these wins and come from behind victories - Elway's career was really amazing if you look at it - a number one pick, who early on had people whispering "bust", then establishing himself with legendary drives and playoff victories, only to have just about everyone outside of Broncodom feel he couldn't win a SB and should be traded while he had value ...

And we all know how it ended - 2 straight SBs - magic .... Not like Montana in a KC uniform, or Farve with his indecisiveness or Marino tossing passes into the stands vs the Jags ...

With all that, it is really hard for me to say that ( insert QB here ) reminds me of Elway
    ... and so I mention Nick Foles in a previous post - lol

what the heck - he does remind me of him

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123