Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    Love how the actual news on US domestic issues comes from foreign news sources nowadays.
    For real!
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

There appears to be a lot of events happening that are potential powder kegs at the moment. This is concerning.
    "There were many ways of not burdening one's conscience, of shunning responsibility, looking away, keeping mum. When the unspeakable truth of the holocaust then became known at the end of the war, all too many of us claimed that they had not known anything about it or even suspected anything."

- Richard Von Weizsaecker

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...wikileaks-text

Snowden put out a statement whining about how hard the government is trying to capture him. While I'm generally a Snowden supporter, I wouldn't necessarily endorse that particular statement.

Glenn Greenwald tweeted 5 hours ago that Snowden confirms the statement was entirely written by him ... which indicates that Greenwald and Snowden are still able to communicate.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

http://boingboing.net/2013/07/08/sno...a-my-biza.html

Venezuela, apparently, is a place where people's private phone calls can be broadcast and analyzed on TV just because the government feels like it ...
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nice.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

Blake Hounshell observes that one of Snowden's allies at the Moscow press conference is a bitter critic of Putin.

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/s...12053488517120
    https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/s...11984370589698

I'd say something about "strange bedfellows", but after Assange's legal problems in Sweden I think we should retire that metaphor for anything that's even vaguely connected to Wikileaks.

Really, it's just another piece of evidence that the whole thing is far from being a Russian operation. My guess remains that Putin is happy at the embarrassment to the US, but would love to see Snowden safely depart Russia to the other side of the planet.

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    Snowden put out a statement whining about how hard the government is trying to capture him. While I'm generally a Snowden supporter, I wouldn't necessarily endorse that particular statement.

Glenn Greenwald tweeted 5 hours ago that Snowden confirms the statement was entirely written by him ... which indicates that Greenwald and Snowden are still able to communicate.
    What did Snowden reveal that wasn't already known ... years ago? Suffice to say, this entire episode is bizarre and there is more than meets THE EYE than what is being revealed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12