Question backup software recommendations

The person I'm doing work for really should be backing up his data every day, but he tends to get busy and forget.

I'm looking for easy to use backup software. We don't want to mirror a drive or anything like that. We just have a few files/folders that need to be backed up every day. It has to work unattended, so the backup really can't be to external media. Either making a local copy or cloud would probably be fine for our purposes.

Has anyone used a package that fits my description?

Thanks

I use Crashplan. It automatically backs up everything to a separate drive I have in my tower on a schedule. The local backup is free. They also do cloud backup, for a fee. How well does it work? I dunno. I haven't been unfortunate enough to need it yet.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

I use goodsync

http://www.goodsync.com/

It has served me well.

sugarsync is very good...

It can sync anything saved to a folder enabled to sync...EXCEPT for Outlook .pst files (it will sync the first version, but not each additional version unless it's named differently).
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Why not backup to the cloud -- something like Dropbox or Google Drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    I use Crashplan. It automatically backs up everything to a separate drive I have in my tower on a schedule. The local backup is free. They also do cloud backup, for a fee. How well does it work? I dunno. I haven't been unfortunate enough to need it yet.
    +1 for CrashPlan.

I back up all my local computers to the "server" I share video / music from, and then upload the really important stuff to the online Crashplan backup.

edit: Although reading your use case, if it really is as small as you're saying just use Dropbox / Google Drive.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    Why not backup to the cloud -- something like Dropbox or Google Drive?
    I'd ask the same thing.

My Company has 50 licenses for Backblaze which we deploy on our account managers' laptops (since they can't work from network drives being on the road so much), and it does the job. Had to recover once and worked like a treat. But I can't help but think it's unnecessary spending for what you describe. I personally use Dropbox and Google Drive, 50gb with DB and 15gb with Drive, and the data is always there. If my laptop died tomorrow, I can get to the data in any web browser, on my phone, or I could install the client on any other machine and the data will automatically sync onto it.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like you've given me several good options to choose from.