Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Snyder is missing a big money making opportunity. If they announce the Redskins will change their name, fans will flock out to the stores to get their hands on the last remaining items that still says "Redskins". Then when the new name is introduced, fans will buy the new stuff as well.

I just worry about the Hail to the Redskins song. That's hard to replace.

As a Godfather myself I find the name of that film - in fact the entire trilogy - to be offensive. It should be changed to: A Wop Saga

Grumpy Old Men - same thing: The Geriatrically Annoyed
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmer View Post
    Never once did I connect the Fighting Irish to drunk Irish bar brawlers till you just wrote that. Now I will always see that little leprechaun mascot that way. LOL
    Never seen their stupid drunk fans, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    As a Godfather myself I find the name of that film - in fact the entire trilogy - to be offensive. It should be changed to: A Wop Saga

Grumpy Old Men - same thing: The Geriatrically Annoyed
    Agism is rampant is our society. RA has a dream.

I hear that the Washington Redskins are going to change their name due to the negative name association.
    They will now be know as the Maryland Redskins.
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Remember that Rick Relly column where he said even his Native American father in law is not offended by the name redskin? Well...turns out he IS offended, claims he was misquoted by his son in law, and has demanded a correction. But he never got one so he went public with a story for Indian Country Today. Just in case you didn't already know Rick Reilly was a huge douche.

So you can imagine my dismay when I saw my name and words used to defend the racist Washington Redskins name. My son-in-law, ESPN’s Rick Reilly, completely misunderstood the conversation we had, quoting me as saying “the whole issue is so silly. The name just doesn't bother me much. It's an issue that shouldn't be an issue, not with all the problems we've got in this country."

But that’s not what I said.

What I actually said is that “it’s silly in this day and age that this should even be a battle -- if the name offends someone, change it.” He failed to include my comments that the term “redskins” demeans Indians, andhistorically is insulting and offensive, and that I firmly believe the Washington Redskins should change their name.

When Rick’s article came out, it upset me to be portrayed as an “Uncle Tom” in support of this racial slur. I asked him to correct the record. He has not, so I must do it myself.

I grew up seeing store signs in the nearby town of Cutbank that read “No dogs or Indians allowed.” Our Indian families who live on reservations continue to feel the sting of racism. I could never support the term “redskins” because we know first-hand what racism and ignorance has done to the Blackfeet people. Our people grew up hearing terms like nits, dirty redskins, prairie ******, savages, heathens, lazy Indians and drunks -- all derogatory terms used to label us. It is better today, but the underlying mentality is still there or obviously people would change the name.

“Redskins” is part of that mentality from colonial times when our men, women and children were hunted by soldiers and mercenaries who were paid for the scalps of our men, women and children. How can anyone claim this is a proud tradition to come from? The labels, racism and hatred our people continue to experience are directly tied to those racial slurs.

Let me be clear: The racial slur “redskins” is not okay with me. It’s never going to be okay with me. It’s inappropriate, damaging and racist.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwor...-banned-151696

Redskins Kike Owner Refuses to Change Team's Offensive Name (Onion Title)
    WASHINGTON—Denying widespread claims that the franchise is being offensive or disrespectful, the Washington Redskins’ kike owner announced Monday that he remains steadfast in his refusal to change the team’s derogatory name. “The Redskins represent 81 years of great history and tradition, and it’s a source of pride for our fans,” said the hook-nosed kike, stressing that the team’s insulting moniker is “absolutely not a racial slur by any means.” “‘Washington Redskins’ is much more than just a name. It stands for strength, courage, and respect—the very values that are so intrinsic to Native American culture.” The shifty-eyed hebe went on to assure fans that he will do “everything in his power” to preserve the team’s proud heritage.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456