Remember Former Panther, Fred Lane?

His wife, who killed him in 2000, runs a day camp.

Judge in the case believed the shooting was premeditated. She only got 8 years. Yikes.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

Maybe there's more to this story than the article/video show, but oh my.

A woman who killed her husband as First Mate and a woman who killed her child as the Skipper in charge of a day camp for children, eh.

And yeah, I remember Lane as well.
    The world is a toll-free toilet
    Our mouths neurological ass0s
    And psychologically speaking
    We're in a state of mental diarrhea
    Talking sh*t a mile a minute
    Or in a state of constipated notions
    Can't think of nothin' but sh*t, and in this world of stinky futures
    Sh*tty memories and constipated 19 now-nows
    Emerges from the hiney of your head the doo doo chasers
    The Promentalsh*tbackwashpsychosisenemasquad
    Bringing you music to get your sh*t together by

I remember the Fred Lane case well as my wife's daughter and SIL lived three doors down from their house when it happened. Freddy was a popular, gritty player for the Panthers - as I recall it an unheralded player who really gave his all for the team and was a good RB despite not having been drafted, unless I'm mistaken.

It seems the problem between the two was that Freddy had a 'side squeeze' in Tennessee and he was fixing to dump his wife for her. The wife pre-empted that by awaiting his return to the home from a trip to Tennessee whereupon she promptly blasted him when he entered the home.

Of course, she claimed that an argument led to him attacking her from which she retreated to a conveniently loaded shotgun and somehow got the drop on him. Nobody believed her story, but she got a minimal sentence, as women seem to get in 'matters of the heart'.

I remember my Step-DIL calling my wife throughout that day and several days subsequent about the neighborhood literally crawling with Cops.

RIP Fred, we know you got a Raw Deal.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 06-28-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Gang Way!

Yeah I remember Fred Lane... I remember him because he was utterly unknown(and I believe undrafted) when he creamed the Raiders for like 150 yards and 3 TD's.

**** deal for him, his murdering wife getting off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    Maybe there's more to this story than the article/video show, but oh my.
    Maybe not.
    "Stop doing the wrong things. Stop promoting competition and choice as answers to the very inequality that was created by competition and choice."
    ~ Diane Ravitch, Reign of Error

The other woman is a felon convicted of killing her own child (2nd degree murder). And she's running a camp for children. Are you ****ing kidding me?!? What the **** is she doing out of prison, let alone in charge of ****ing kids.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

If your children want to be a lawyer or a serial killer that is certainly the camp to send them to.

Quote Originally Posted by ForWhoForWhat? View Post
    Yeah, maybe not.

Hey, regardless what happened between Lane and his then wife. I still think its more than a little creepy that a husband killer and particularly a child killer have been charged with running a day care for kids.

On the other hand and concerning Deidra Gary. Her working at the day care center isn't that creepy or really creepy at all. If the Sailor's post is on point. She killed a man that was about to leave her for another woman. There's nothing, at least imo, shocking or surprising about that. I'd even opine that its pretty SOP.

Yeah, but what was so shocking about it, Breed is they had a 5 year old together and a 7 DAY OLD INFANT TOGETHER who was IN THE HOUSE when she blasted him!!

It was clearly a case of lying in wait. He had just gotten off a plane from Tennessee, she knew he was coming home to drop the bomb about IT'S OVER and you're not coming to Indy with me (he'd been traded to Indy to back up Edgerrin James and had already passed physical/trained with the team, signed, etc...).

It was essentially going to be her LAST CHANCE to do him in and make it look like a domestic, and she took it. His KEYS were still in the front door when the Cops arrived??? He had barely opened the door and she broke out blasting with a shotgun: first shot incapacitated him in the chest, probably liked to kill him, but she gave him one to the BACK OF THE HEAD just to make sure.

She was already awaiting felony charges for a bank swindle with a Teller friend. She wanted his $5million life insurance policy because she knew her meal ticket was over. She should have gotten life.

In one way it was kind of like this Zim trial, Fred wasn't around to give his version of events.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 06-28-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Yeah, but what was so shocking about it, Breed is they had a 5 year old together and a 7 DAY OLD INFANT TOGETHER who was IN THE HOUSE when she blasted him!!

It was clearly a case of lying in wait. He had just gotten off a plane from Tennessee, she knew he was coming home to drop the bomb about IT'S OVER and you're not coming to Indy with me (he'd been traded to Indy to back up Edgerrin James and had already passed physical/trained with the team, signed, etc...).

It was essentially going to be her LAST CHANCE to do him in and make it look like a domestic, and she took it. His KEYS were still in the front door when the Cops arrived??? He had barely opened the door and she broke out blasting with a shotgun: first shot incapacitated him in the chest, probably liked to kill him, but she gave him one to the BACK OF THE HEAD just to make sure.

She was already awaiting felony charges for a bank swindle with a Teller friend. She wanted his $5million life insurance policy because she knew her meal ticket was over. She should have gotten life.

In one way it was kind of like this Zim trial, Fred wasn't around to give his version of events.
    Children in the house, eh. Soooooo......Deidra's fault, Fred's fault, a child's fault, nobody's fault. And one of the children could've easily been shot/killed. Well, that puts a new twist on her working around children. If she's willing to do something like that (kill her hubby) and even if she didn't intend it, put her own children at possible risk by doing so. I don't want her working around my child or anyone else's.

Remember Lane well, he was always in drug trouble.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Gang Way!

His career as a fantasy football punch line has lasted longer than his wife's jail sentence...
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    i just assumed people who have records of killing people would not get jobs around kids, wtf were these people thinking when they hired them in the first place?

u guys wanna read a more f**ked up murder by a woman against a man, read this and you'll be shocked by the time she got for his death

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/14/preacher.slain/

Quote Originally Posted by Breed View Post
    On the other hand and concerning Deidra Gary. Her working at the day care center isn't that creepy or really creepy at all. If the Sailor's post is on point. She killed a man that was about to leave her for another woman. There's nothing, at least imo, shocking or surprising about that. I'd even opine that its pretty SOP.

It's 'standard operating procedure' for philanderers to get their brains blown out in premeditated fashion?

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke1doe
    Brady has led Super Bowl teams to last-minute victories. Boller has led his team into the cafeteria.