Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan2003 View Post
    Is there some pressure to pay off the 2.5 billion dollar debt?
    Not sure about NC, but most states have to have balanced budgets over a 2-3 year timeframe. If this is true for NC, then that repayment amount was cutting in to other services that the state needed to provide.
    If the majority distributes among itself the things of a minority, it is evident that it will destroy the city. --Aristotle
    If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Vin Lombardi View Post
    Not sure about NC, but most states have to have balanced budgets over a 2-3 year timeframe. If this is true for NC, then that repayment amount was cutting in to other services that the state needed to provide.
    Ok. Even though the gutting of the state budget seems crazy to me that would at least make more sense.

The unemployed are just lazy.

Now if I could only remember what poster said this repeatedly.
    I promise I won't do it again

Turning to crime to survive, like this guy in Alabama.
    linky dinky
    Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said Monday morning’s bank robbery was among the most unusual of his law enforcement career.

“I’ve been involved with several over the years, but none like this,” McWhorter said. “It’s one for the books.”

McWhorter said Rickie Lawrence Gardner, 49, of 7667 Alabama 33, Moulton, was arrested Monday morning while sitting on a bench outside the Bank Independent branch on Court Street in Moulton, minutes after he supposedly walked in and robbed the bank.
    “When the officers got there, he was just sitting on the bench, waiting on them,” McWhorter said. “The money was locked up inside his truck, which was parked in the handicapped spot in front of the bank.

“He had a handicap sticker on his vehicle so he even parked legal.”

McWhorter said Gardner told authorities he robbed the bank because he had hurt his leg and wasn’t able to take care of himself.
    “So, he decided to get arrested to have a place to live and someone to take care of him.”
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

<shrug> I give it until April at the outside, so they're tagline won't really matter. -Jim in NYC
    proof!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12