Thread: Jeremy Maclin

Jeremy Maclin

Manningham will be out until late August which means he will miss all of camp and the Pre-season. I think we would be lucky to get him back 100% by mid-season. At the earliest.

Who knows when Kyle Williams will be ready. Do we really want to rely on AJ Jenkins or Quinton Patton as #2 and #3 receivers? Im not sold on Lockette. I cant see us splitting Vernon out wide more than a few plays.

Which leads me to: Profootball talk says Maclin could be available. We have a boat load of picks and we need a WR badly IMO. I think our 3rd or 4th would get a deal done. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Sakic19; 06-24-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

No more than a 4th.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I doubt the Eagles would ship him to us for a 4th. Even if we could, would we send a 3 or 4 for a guy that is essentially a 1 year rental? I see no way we'll sign him to an extension since, like most WRs, I think he'll expect a lot more than he's actually worth.

Send a 3rd only if it involves a team friendly long term deal. Dude shouldn't break the bank anyway, he had 1 good season in 2010.

I can't see the Eagles trading him for anything less than a second when they could probably recoup a 3rd for losing him in FA. Might as well have him for another year and see if you can sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by LASam View Post
    I can't see the Eagles trading him for anything less than a second when they could probably recoup a 3rd for losing him in FA. Might as well have him for another year and see if you can sign him.
    Good point although what they get for a comp. pick is determined mainly by what kind of contact he would get as a FA. I cant see any team giving him a 50 million dollar contract.
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    Do we really want to rely on AJ Jenkins or Quinton Patton as #2 and #3 receivers?
    If they can, why not?

I'm pretty confident Colin can make our receivers look good.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

i get the feeling this team is going to run the ball even more this year with gore/hunter/james and stay in 2 te sets even more. mcdonald will get a lot of opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    Who knows when Kyle Williams will be ready. Do we really want to rely on AJ Jenkins or Quinton Patton as #2 and #3 receivers?
    we gotta find out if they can play one way or another

The team is following a blue print for long term success. Collect draft picks and build through the draft, don't take on bad contracts and don't send early draft picks for rental players.

No reason to break that trend now. At this point I'm not sure Maclin would be better than Jenkins or Patton and bringing a guy in off another team and giving him a long term deal is pretty crazy unless he's a star player. You extend Maclin you can pretty much say goodbye to Crabtree.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    The team is following a blue print for long term success. Collect draft picks and build through the draft, don't take on bad contracts and don't send early draft picks for rental players.

No reason to break that trend now. At this point I'm not sure Maclin would be better than Jenkins or Patton and bringing a guy in off another team and giving him a long term deal is pretty crazy unless he's a star player. You extend Maclin you can pretty much say goodbye to Crabtree.
    I was thinking about this a few hours after I posted it. Maclin makes sense and would fill a need but giving up a 3rd would be hard to swallow considering the calibre of player we can get with a 3rd.

I was thinking Nate Washington but then his 4.5m salary would eat up any of our carry over available to re-sign some of our own.

I think we are stuck with playing a run first offense again (which is not a bad thing) out of a two TE set (again, not a bad thing) with the reliable vet Boldin and hopefully one of Patton/Jenkins/Lockette emerges on the other side and Williams can stay healthy and be a force as a slot WR. Then we will have to survive a few weeks until the replacements are ready (Manningham, Crabtree)
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

Yeah I think the best thing for this team's future...at least at this point, is to play with who we have healthy and hope they step up and the guys who are hurt get back sooner rather than later.

Everyone is pessimistic with AJ Jenkins and for good reason but there have been guys who did nothing their first season to turn in big performances. Victor Cruz was buried on the depth chart his rookie year. He's done pretty good since then. Doubt AJ has the same career path but between AJ and Patton I think we could find ourselves having a pretty decent #2/3 combo between those two. If Kyle and Mario get back healthy and Vance and Vernon play well the loss of Crabtree would hurt but shouldn't devastate or make this team desperate to move high picks and invest big money in rentals.
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders