Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looking at that list... pretty much all it says is that the teams that are good now are likely to be good several years from now.

Way to go out on a limb there, ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Predicto View Post
    Looking at that list... pretty much all it says is that the teams that are good now are likely to be good several years from now.

I liked their amazing thoughts on Chip Kelly. "Uhhh...drrrrrr...we'll just put him in the middle...drrrrr"

Quote Originally Posted by Predicto View Post

I dunno about that.

The Broncos had the best record in football last season but they were rated 11th on the list. Chiefs had the No. 1 pick in the draft yet they wound up #12 in the poll. Texans were 12-4 and came up 15th. Redskins were 16th.

Certainly good teams with young QBs were more likely to project better in 2016 than teams that don't.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    I liked their amazing thoughts on Chip Kelly. "Uhhh...drrrrrr...we'll just put him in the middle...drrrrr"
    Well where should you put Chip Kelly. He has no NFL experience and runs a scheme that is a complete unknown in the NFL, assuming he even runs that.

I think the Eagles QB situation hurt their ranking more than Chip Kelly.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Well where should you put Chip Kelly. He has no NFL experience and runs a scheme that is a complete unknown in the NFL, assuming he even runs that.

They were the team that jumped out to me as being GROSSLY overrated in those rankings. If I am making that list, I put them in or around the bottom 5.

Seriously, ESPN can't even rank the teams accurately now, much less project what they will be like in the future. No one can do that accurately. Well, other than predicting the Jags and Browns will likely suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    They were the team that jumped out to me as being GROSSLY overrated in those rankings. If I am making that list, I put them in or around the bottom 5.
    Well it's hard to put them that low given that they have a new coach and front office. And while Vick is not an elite QB he's better than anything on the Jets or Jags roster.

I thought the Browns might be a little higher because of their youth, but not surprising to see them in the bottom 1/3. QB is simply too important.

Top 10 or bottom 10. It's 3 years from now. Did he work or not? These are predictions and I would have liked to seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Top 10 or bottom 10. It's 3 years from now. Did he work or not? These are predictions and I would have liked to seen one.
    They gave a prediction. The Eagles are poised right now to be a middle of the pack team. Not top 10 or bottom 10.

They gave a prediction. The Eagles are poised right now to be a middle of the pack team. Not top 10 or bottom 10.
    I guess so. So were Spurrier's Skins and Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys I suppose...

Well it's hard to put them that low given that they have a new coach and front office. And while Vick is not an elite QB he's better than anything on the Jets or Jags roster.
    Yeah but Vick most likely won't be their QB in a couple years with the way the contract was restructured. So right now you have to project Foles, a FA or a drafted rookie for them a couple years down the road. That is a big negative IMO.

....and their FO is god awfully overrated. Havent' done a good job in years now (and I really didn't like their first offseason at all with Kelly on board). And I personally list Kelly as a poor NFL coach until proven otherwise. He reeks to me of the next Spurrier.

The one big bump they get is from their ownership. Team obviously isn't scared to spend $$$.

Of couse this all means nothing (all projection) but like i said: If I am rating that franchise, i am putting them near the bottom of the league.
    Last edited by ducky; 06-24-2013 at 05:07 PM.

That's entirely fair. I can see the argument. I personally would prefer to give them an incomplete since they just reset the entire organization. OTOH, the Jags did the same thing and are at the bottom of the barrel.

At least they put a little more time and thought into this than the ones who do the weekly rankings during the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12