Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    No, you really, really don't. Really. Police officers and soldiers and people whose home is being invaded are not shooting people by preference and with free will.
    Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2013 at 07:03 PM.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    They say when you commit a murder you commit 25 mistakes and you are lucky if you can remember 5 of them. This isn't just a mistake, however, this is a BONEHEAD MOVE. When the Mob conducts a hit they often use an untraceable gun and leave it AT THE SCENE, that way they're not subject to search warrants looking for the gun.
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli.
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    No, you really, really don't. Really. Police officers and soldiers and people whose home is being invaded are not shooting people by preference and with free will.
    Yeah, I really, really do, ****head. And yeah, they really, really are.

Does the Military or the Police have a DRAFT? Do you HAVE TO SHOOT SOMEBODY who breaks into your house? You do ALL THREE voluntarily.

vol·un·tar·y
    [vol-uhn-ter-ee] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural vol·un·tar·ies.
    adjective
    done, made, brought about, undertaken, etc., of one's own accord or by free choice: a voluntary contribution.
    of, pertaining to, or acting in accord with the will: voluntary cooperation.
    of, pertaining to, or depending on voluntary action: voluntary hospitals.
    Law.
    a.
    acting or done without compulsion or obligation.
    b.
    done by intention, and not by accident: voluntary manslaughter.
    c.
    made without valuable consideration: a voluntary settlement.
    Physiology . subject to or controlled by the will.
    Gang Way!

Sad.

Sad.
    Yeah, that you can't comprehend common english.
    Last edited by Rear Admiral; 08-22-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Gang Way!

Irony.

Yeah. Answer me this, Genius, how could the 'involuntary shooter' even hit the broad side of a barn if he wasn't using his own free will?
    Gang Way!

Check the part you underlined before about "without compulsion."

Not getting shot yourself is a pretty strong compulsion. Do you really seriously believe Don was saying or even remotely implying that people who shoot someone in self defense or in the discharge of their professional duties are stupid? Or that he was even talking about those types of people at all? Those are not the kinds of people he was talking about. I'd really like to believe you're not that dumb, but you seem determined to prove otherwise.

Check the part you underlined before about "without compulsion."
    Nobody is compelled to join the Military (at this time) or the Police, or even shoot an intruder in their home. Do I need to give you the definition of 'compel', too? Forcing someone and leaving them a list of distasteful choices is not the same thing.

Not getting shot yourself is a pretty strong compulsion. Do you really seriously believe Don was saying or even remotely implying that people who shoot someone in self defense or in the discharge of their professional duties are stupid? Or that he was even talking about those types of people at all? Those are not the kinds of people he was talking about. I'd really like to believe you're not that dumb, but you seem determined to prove otherwise.
    I'm not concerned with what Donman was 'implying' but rather what he WROTE. You see, when you appear before a Court of Law your 'intent' may be in question, but it's how the law is WRITTEN that will determine your fate. Ask Zimmerman.

Don's idea of what is/isn't stupid and what is/isn't voluntary is far too nebulous for my understanding of the language - when it comes to shooting somebody dead with a gun. Maybe it's just me - I don't want to get shot by a smart idiot with an involuntary trigger finger because I'm wearing a hoodie and walking thru my neighborhood.
    Gang Way!

I think we can just leave it at the part about you not understanding what Don wrote. If he wishes to redress your subsequent idiocy, I'll leave that to him. You're giving me NEM flashbacks. I'm done for today.

I think we can just leave it at the part about you not understanding what Don wrote. If he wishes to redress your subsequent idiocy, I'll leave that to him. You're giving me NEM flashbacks. I'm done for today.
    You just can't stand being proven wrong again and again and again. You used the word compel. Not me. Maybe you should go sit down and study the dictionary for a while.
    Gang Way!

Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance to shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051