View Poll Results: Daily cap penalty for not assigning years within 24 hours of acquiring a player?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1,000/day

10 90.91%
  • 20% of contract amount/day

0 0%
  • None of these options

1 9.09%

Rule Change #12 - Add On

The result of Rule Change #12 is that we are now charging a cap penalty if a player is not assigned a contract within 24 hours of being acquired and will be given a 1 year contract after the 3rd day of a contract not being assigned.

Contract assigned with a 24 hour period = no cap penalty, any # of years can be assigned
    Day 1 = Cap penalty, any # of years can be assigned
    Day 2 = Cap penalty, any # of years can be assigned
    Day 3 = Cap penalty, any # of years can be assigned

After the 24 hour period and 3 consecutive 24 hour periods (a total of 96 hours after the player was acquired) the player will be given a 1 year contract and the cap penalties will stop.

This poll is to determine the cap penalty amount.

I like the $1,000 per day option because it's consistent with our other penalty amounts.

I agree. I'd love to see the contract voided if years aren't assigned, but the ensuing bidding war if this happens @ the offseason would destroy the league stability.
    “True terror is to wake up one morning to discover that your high school class is running the country.” - Kurt Vonnegut

I like the $1000 a day. I don't like extending it for 96 hours though to set roster contracts. That is simply just too much time to me. Did the vote determine the extension length or just that we would extend the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dionosys View Post
    I like the $1000 a day. I don't like extending it for 96 hours though to set roster contracts. That is simply just too much time to me. Did the vote determine the extension length or just that we would extend the time?
    The rule we voted on does not list an amount or a time frame. I'm hoping this thread will solve both.

This is done. The penalty will be $1,000/day.