Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Ridnour View Post
    I don't know, man. He's the only guy here. He's going to score a ton of points, possibly close to 20 per game. Add in his unique skill set, and he'll certainly take away rebounds from the ever-imposing Spencer Hawes. I think if he puts up 18 and 8 with at least some effort attacking the rim, Hinkie can find a suitor.
    With the team we have I don't think there's any way he isn't around 18 and 8. Hawes will get his points and RBs, but won't get the ball enough to be as productive as ET which only leaves Thaddues Young and I believe he'll average about the same as Turner. So if Hinkie can find a trade partner at the deadline I hope he can steal another 1st round pick from someone even if it isn't until the 2015 draft. What worries me is he puts up those type numbers on this bad team and he fools the FO people into keeping him and overpaying to do it. I just hope the FO understands anyone can put up stats when they have the ball in there hand a majority of the time and are the only real scoring option on the team. It really has nothing to do with how good he i or isn't.

Well I watched a portion of the 2nd half of yesterday's Sixers/OK preseason game and the Sixers actually looked worse then I was expecting. Don't let the score fool you they were bad. Really bad. The ball movement was slow. Nobody was moving without the ball and guys like Wroten, Hawes, and Turner were putting up terrible shots after going 1 on 1 being defended and not being able to shake the defender. Instead of passing to an open player they were shooting fade aways or 1 handed off balance shots and in Wroten's case from deep behind the Arc. Speaking of which Wroten's a gun and he might average a lot of point on this team if they play him a lot and give him free will to shoot, but he won't help the team win and isn't a very good player. Hawes is afraid of contact and was throwing up 1 handed off balance fade aways that looked brutal and Turner was his old d shooting self. Check out the Stats of these 3:

Wroten - 5/13 FGS, 4/8 3pt FGs , 6/6 FTs, 4RBs, 3ASTs, 3TOs, 2STLs, 20 points in 22 minutes
    **13 shots and 8 3pt shots put up in 22 minutes. I wonder if anyone else touchd the ball while he was on the court?

Turner - 7/16 FGs, 0/1 3pt FGs, 5/10 FTs, 7RBs 4ASTs, 1TOs, 1STL, 19 points in 36 minutes
    **50% from the FT line from a SG, Really?

Hawes - 5/11 FGs, 0/1 3pt FGs, 1/2 FTs, 9RBs, 2ASTs, 2TOs, 11 points in 27 minutes

Thad Young & MCW both played well going a combined 9/15 with 8 RBS, 8 ASTs, 5/7 from the 3pt line with only 2 TOs with 23 points. They both pretty much put up the same stats with Young doin it in 29 minute versus William 26 minutes on the court.

I know it's only preseason game, but from what I seen they aren't going to even have to try to tank the season. They are so bad they'll be lucky to win 15 games and I won't be surprised a bit if they get close to breaking the record for the worst record ever in the NBA.
    Last edited by Lofaw; 10-09-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Almost forgot to mention that they also barely pulled out a win against the Bilboa Basket from Spain that play in the Euroleague. The Sixers won 106-104 getting 2 FTs from Spencer Hawes with Seconds left to pull out the win. A 2 point win at the buzzer against a Euroleague club that has only been a little better then .500 the lt several seasons should really tell you only you need to know about how good, or bad, the Sixers will be this upcoming season.

Just so you fully understand I'm not complaining. In fact it makes me happy knowing they had trouble against the Basket. I loved what they did in the 2013 draft and can't tell you how badly I want Andrew Wiggins or at worse Julius Randle. It would help if New Orleans ended up with the 7th or 8th pick in next years draft as well. Although as long as it's top 14 pick we'll get a 2nd very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I just hope the FO understands anyone can put up stats when they have the ball in there hand a majority of the time and are the only real scoring option on the team. It really has nothing to do with how good he i or isn't.
    ?? That's why they just traded Jrue.

So James Anderson's an expected starter? This team's winning 15 games, max.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223