Chuck Muncie, RIP

Sad at only 60 years old. Mingo, did you know him at Cal?

Wow. Helluva back. RIP.

Any word on cause?
    Gang Way!

Schefter said it was heart attack.

He and Mingo use to study arithmetic at Cal together.

R.I.P. to a legend.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Chuck was a teammate. He was legally blind - I drew the duty to drive him around campus. He literally ran to daylight, but couldn't catch a pass for the life of him. I'm shocked at his demise.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
    Chuck was a teammate. He was legally blind - I drew the duty to drive him around campus. He literally ran to daylight, but couldn't catch a pass for the life of him. I'm shocked at his demise.

RIP
    You knew Chuck Muncie?

I remember as a kid, Muncie was the first RB I *really* liked. I liked his name, and those lightning bolts on the helmets appealed to me. I remember the Chargers throwing the ball all over the place, not playing defense, and having this RB who seemed to me was unstoppable when he ran, but they'd rather throw. I am sure that's not how it really was, but...

I think once a year or so I find myself looking Chuck Muncie up to see what he was up to. RIP.

FYI, Mingo played football at Cal in that era.

Not to be confused with Mongo who played at Iowa as The Mad Duck and later became a Big Star after a stint with the Detroit Lions!
    Gang Way!

My football career lasted one season at Cal - I was an invited walk-on with an academic scholorship promoted by Mike White the HC. Instead - of a cushy profootball career - I got thrown out of Cal for rioting for peace. Went back later and graduated after my year and 9 months of active duty. I really was a bad football player and knew it when Mike White "recruited" me - I never once went to the weight room - as I couldn't imagine anything more boring than lifting weights.

Chuck was a really good guy, but like I said - legally blind - fabulous athlete and runner.

Always liked him.

RIP
    "Essentially, the bargain that I think every President strikes with the American people is, ‘you give me this office, then in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you.”---Obama said in 2008

fun to watch him run

Quote Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
    fun to watch him run
    Agree- It is a lot of fun to watch Mingo run.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?