Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Only in Philly do people b!tch about signing a 3rd string RB...Only a cheap 1 year deal no biggie. More bodies here the better, Jones is better fit to play in a spread offense anyway so he might have a couple nice runs here and there.

One of Kelly's major beliefs is to use tempo to create explosive plays in the run game. I think Jones is basically a perfect fit for this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles Psycho View Post
    One of Kelly's major beliefs is to use tempo to create explosive plays in the run game. I think Jones is basically a perfect fit for this offense.
    I can tell you he's frustrating. He'll get five carries you want to throttle him, then he'll get one for 20+ if not all the way. I'm a bit surprised he signed with Philly because he didn't seem to respond well to criticism in Dallas.
    Gang Way!

Im sure he is there to compete for the kr job. If he doesnt win that, I dont think he makes the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    I can tell you he's frustrating. He'll get five carries you want to throttle him, then he'll get one for 20+ if not all the way. I'm a bit surprised he signed with Philly because he didn't seem to respond well to criticism in Dallas.
    I'm not judging a player by his performance in Dallas. Lets face, watching Dallas games you often wonder what the hell they are thinking. Some of the worst play calling ever.

If he's fast and healthy, let Felix come in and work for a job. If Chip likes him, I will like him.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    Only in Philly do people b!tch about signing a 3rd string RB...Only a cheap 1 year deal no biggie. More bodies here the better, Jones is better fit to play in a spread offense anyway so he might have a couple nice runs here and there.
    ^^^ so true.
    I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    Only in Philly do people b!tch about signing a 3rd string RB...
    Iggloo's in Houston or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    I'm not judging a player by his performance in Dallas. Lets face, watching Dallas games you often wonder what the hell they are thinking. Some of the worst play calling ever.
    No doubt about that. Drafting is even weirder. They threw a first for Felix and gave him no blocking, knowing he needed it more than your average back. This Chip guy spends a 4th on an OT and then picks up Felix with little mileage for a song on a one year deal. I'm not saying Felix is our next Jimmy Smith debacle, just that Jones gives away value alot, and smarter teams generally scoop it up more than give it away.

We shall see with Felix.
    Gang Way!

I think Felix sucks and I don't want no has been Cowboys on my team...

Miguel Maysonet waived.

Felix Jones got that much closer to making the team as the 3rd or 4th RB/KR.

At worst he will push Brown to be #2. No risk here, but a chance for some reward.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Miguel Maysonet waived.

Felix Jones got that much closer to making the team as the 3rd or 4th RB/KR.
    Prediction or he really did?

Both Caplan and PFT are reporting Maysonet is gone. Wonder if we're signing Trevor Scott.

They signed some undrafted TE that did well in the rookie camp. Will Shaw from Youngstown State.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    Both Caplan and PFT are reporting Maysonet is gone. Wonder if we're signing Trevor Scott.
    This was surprising to me, but the kid must have stunk it up in the first rookie camp or done something off the field.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast