Second Amendment remedies coming soon?

http://www.fdu.edu/newspubs/publicmi...trol/final.pdf

29% of Americans polled say that armed revolution may soon be needed to "protect liberties".
    44% of Republicans said yes.

38% of those folks supported additional gun control legislation anyway.

I imagine the "yes" figures are a little high due to the phrasing of the poll question.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

I'm in. But I get to be the one to scream WOOOOOOLLLLLLLVVVVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIII INNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaPatFan View Post
    29% of Americans polled say that armed revolution may soon be needed to "protect liberties".
    I would like to say that this percentage is suprisingly high, but I am honestly not surprised that nearly 1/3 people think this, only saddened.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
    -Kurt Vonnegut "Mother Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
    I would like to say that this percentage is suprisingly high, but I am honestly not surprised that nearly 1/3 people think this, only saddened.
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. If you would ask them what PERSONAL liberties they have had taken away, however, they would draw a blank while demanding that Tamerlin be denied his civil rights and be treated as an enemy combatant.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    Doesn't surprise me in the least. If you would ask them what PERSONAL liberties they have had taken away, however, they would draw a blank while demanding that Tamerlin be denied his civil rights and be treated as an enemy combatant.
    Point of technicality -- Tamerlan is the dead one, not the temporarily unmirandized survivor ...
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Point of technicality -- Tamerlan is the dead one, not the temporarily unmirandized survivor ...
    Oh right. It's early. I actually thought that was the last name but of course that is Tsarnaev.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

http://www.fdu.edu/newspubs/publicmi...trol/final.pdf

44% of Republicans said yes.

38% of those folks supported additional gun control legislation anyway.

I imagine the "yes" figures are a little high due to the phrasing of the poll question.
    The 29% percent is quite scary and, yes, very sad.

Of course it's less about the need to protect liberties and mostly about the need to protect gun ownership but why quibble over the details.

Another reason the Founding Father reject a direct democracy model.

What's so scary about this country still having some freedom-loving men with a set of balls?

Also please do read up on why the Founding Fathers rejected a direct democratic system. It had everything to do with protecting citizens from the tyranny of the majority.

i.e. if a majority of US citizens got brainwashed by media oversensationalizing shootings and gun incidents and presidents fake crying on TV. They might vote to nerf the 2nd amendment.

The majority is not only capable of being wrong, it's often wrong.
    “Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth.” -Gandhi

Rational skepticism is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream. -Muggeridge

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post
    What's so scary about this country still having some freedom-loving men with a set of balls?
    Did you get a semi typing that?
    "the blade itself incites to violence." - Homer

--

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - Kung fu Monkey

Thankfully there's a 2nd amendment remedy that can help cull this stupidity.
    As smart as the internet

We're all Bozo's on this bus.~FST

Quote Originally Posted by ThankGod4Walsh View Post

Also please do read up on why the Founding Fathers rejected a direct democratic system. It had everything to do with protecting citizens from the tyranny of the majority.

i.e. if a majority of US citizens got brainwashed by media oversensationalizing shootings and gun incidents and presidents fake crying on TV. They might vote to nerf the 2nd amendment.

The majority is not only capable of being wrong, it's often wrong.
    Still seems like the fight for the 2nd admendment is much less about protecting the country against the tyranny of the majority then just the right to own the guns.
    It's all those other admendments that have done the better job of protecting against the tyranny of the majority then the 2nd amendment ever has. It seems to be an amendment for faux patriots imho.