View Poll Results: Do we need to add wording to the rules to take into account the new NFL IR rule?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 80.00%
  • No

2 20.00%

Thread: Rule Change #13

Rule Change #13

Here is the proposed rule change from the summary thread:

Do we need to make any rule considerations for the new in season IR rule that the NFL has where a player can return to action after being put on IR? I could see it being useful if you are maxed out on assigned years and a multiyear player gets put on IR for part of the season, but itís a pretty limited scenario.

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29776...ge-Suggestions
    http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30470...hanges-Summary

This thread is a place for all owners to discuss the new rule as well as vote. Once we have received a majority vote in either direction I will update the rules.

Not sure I understand your scenario...players on IR continue to count towards the salary cap and contract cap. So its not like moving a player to IR frees up years, which could bite you in the ass if that player comes off IR.

I think this part of the rule needs to be changed "An owner may not move a player on IR back to the active roster." to something like "If a player is removed from the NFL's IR and returns to the active roster, the owner must also remove the player from IR".

Here is the rule as it currently reads:

Injured Reserve:

Each team is allowed to place 1 player on IR in the given season. Players on IR do not count towards the active roster of 18, nor do they count toward the total roster of 23. An owner may not move a player on IR back to the active roster. The owner is permitted to release the player with normal cap hits. To be eligible to be placed on IR, the player must be on the official NFL IR list. While on IR, the players salary and contract years continue to count toward the total cap. A player may have the franchise tag applied if they were on IR as long as they meet the stipulations to be tagged. Players who have been on the official NFL IR list are ineligible to have their contract renegotiated.
    I obviously missed the part where the rule says a player cannot be moved back to the active roster. I voted "No" but I think the change you noted is probably the best solution. If everyone else votes "Yes" we can use your wording.

I voted yes simply to change the wording to require owners to move players back to the active roster if they're removed from the NFL's IR during the season.

I think the rest of the rule is fine how it is.

Voted yes for change in wording
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

This vote is done.
    The Republicans are now controlling the House. Where are the jobs Mr. Boehner? Thanks Keith! And while we're at it, how come the economy isn't fixed yet? LMAO