View Poll Results: A DS player traded, at any time, must be promoted to receiving team's active roster?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 72.73%
  • No

3 27.27%

Thread: Rule Change #10

Rule Change #10

Here is the proposed rule change from the summary thread:

Change the wording to the rules explaining what happens to players kept on the DS from the prior year should they be traded.
    a. Remove the "in the regular season" clause so it covers all DS situations....if a player on DS is traded, he must go on the new owner's active roster.

http://forums.kffl.com/threads/29776...ge-Suggestions
    http://forums.kffl.com/threads/30470...hanges-Summary

This thread is a place for all owners to discuss the new rule as well as vote. Once we have received a majority vote in either direction I will update the rules.
    Last edited by MonkeyBones; 05-08-2013 at 03:49 AM.

This was a tough one to create a poll question for so I split #10 into two polls. This rule change just takes out the words "During the regular season" and makes the rule stand no matter when the transaction is done. I didn't include the second part of the suggestion from the Rules Summary thread because I think it's addressed in the rules as they are currently written. When a DS is traded he is promoted to the receiving team's active roster and "At completion of the trade the new owner must assign contract years at the new sliding scale salary."

Please let me know if I'm misinterpreting the request from the Rules Summary thread.

Developmental Squad:

Each team is allowed two developmental squad slots. As with players on the practice squad, the salary does not go against the total cap. However, other owners may not place bids on players on the developmental squad. Placing a player on the developmental squad is an off-season activity. Players may not be placed on the developmental squad once the regular season begins. The following stipulations must be met to be eligible for the developmental squad:

1. Player must be drafted in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the rookie draft.
    2. A player acquired through trade in the off-season may be placed on the developmental squad as long as they were drafted in either the 2nd or 3rd round.

There is no maximum length of time a player may be assigned to the developmental squad. The player may be moved to the active roster, practice squad, or released at anytime. A player may not be placed back onto the developmental squad. If released, a cap hit will be charged assuming the player was assigned a contact of 1 year.

During the regular season players on the developmental squad may be traded, but may not be placed on the new owner’s developmental squad. At completion of the trade the new owner must assign contract years at the new sliding scale salary (see below).

An owner may promote a player from the developmental squad to the active roster at any time. However, the player’s salary will be determined by a sliding scale of the player’s position franchise amount and length of time on the developmental squad.

The sliding salary scale is:
    • If drafted in the 2nd rd: First year on the DS, salary is 15% of the player’s position Franchise Tag salary. 2nd year on the DS, salary is 30% of the player’s position FT salary, 3rd year = 45% and so on until the salary reaches the player’s position Franchise Tag level. It’s an increase of 15% of the player’s position FT salary each year.

• If drafted in the 3rd rd: First year on the DS, salary is 10% of the player’s position Franchise Tag salary. 2nd year on the DS, salary is 20% of the player’s position FT salary, 3rd year = 30% and so on until the salary reaches the player’s position Franchise Tag level. It’s an increase of 10% of the player’s position FT salary each year.

• If a player is promoted during the first year on the DS - he is given the first year salary. A player does not have to be on the DS for a full year before getting that salary, but rather as soon as they are on it for any portion of that year, that is the salary that counts for them if promoted.

Nitpicking wording oif the poll question perhaps (must be promoted to active roster), but theoretically, couldn't said player go on PS? Not that it would make any sense to trade for a player, then expose him to bids, but.... The rule simply states the player cannot go on the new owner's DS.

Generally though, I agree this should apply during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    Nitpicking wording oif the poll question perhaps (must be promoted to active roster), but theoretically, couldn't said player go on PS? Not that it would make any sense to trade for a player, then expose him to bids, but.... The rule simply states the player cannot go on the new owner's DS.

Generally though, I agree this should apply during the offseason.
    Yeah you're right. The rule says cannot go no the active roster so the PS is an option if the player qualifies.

I voted yes, but my vote is basically just to remove "During the Regular season" and/or add "At any time"....

I'm not in favor of changing it to "must be promoted to receiving team's active roster"

I voted yes, but my vote is basically just to remove "During the Regular season" and/or add "At any time"....

I'm not in favor of changing it to "must be promoted to receiving team's active roster"
    +1
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Same
    - Hanbin

This vote is done.
    The Republicans are now controlling the House. Where are the jobs Mr. Boehner? Thanks Keith! And while we're at it, how come the economy isn't fixed yet? LMAO