Gcobb on what schemes Eagles plan to run

This is an interesting post because he got to spend some time with the coaches at some events they had with ex players, and has some actual details.

It's not surprising, but as suspected Kelly will not be running his college offense. Rather, he is going to run a hybrid of the read option and west coast offense. It's going to emphasize not turning the ball over at QB. And it's going to emphasize running the rock--a lot.

On defense, they are going to run a hybrid as well, featuring standard 3-4 and 4-3 looks as well as a 4-3 under.

In short, Chip is going to keep people guessing. The anti-Reid.

The big message Gcobb seemed to take away is that they want to be a more physical team. Music to my ears...

http://gcobb.com/2013/05/07/chip-kel...football-team/

Be wary of going to his website. A couple of times I've gotten viruses from going there as have other people.

I think our Offense will be fine. A healthy Jason Peters alone improves the OL ten fold from last season. I see Chip as more of a ball control guy than Reid ever was. Even though he'll run a fast paced Offense I think he'll be more of a jab, jab type coach than a "go for the haymaker" quick type. Tire a D out with no huddle / ball control then hit the haymakers when the D is gasping. I'm more worried about the D ... I just don't see that much talent on that side and a lot of pieces that may not be great fits in a 4-3 Under or 3-4.

As Gcobb points out, at least they filled the secondary with guys known for playing hard. Maybe not the most talented bunch but they actually tackle.

I will take a guy that can tackle, or a 'big hit' guy any day of the week. One might make more highlight reels, but the other will help the defense actually win games, and stop the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    I think our Offense will be fine. A healthy Jason Peters alone improves the OL ten fold from last season. I see Chip as more of a ball control guy than Reid ever was. Even though he'll run a fast paced Offense I think he'll be more of a jab, jab type coach than a "go for the haymaker" quick type. Tire a D out with no huddle / ball control then hit the haymakers when the D is gasping. I'm more worried about the D ... I just don't see that much talent on that side and a lot of pieces that may not be great fits in a 4-3 Under or 3-4.
    this is where I am at as well, a lot of veterans coming in with hold overs all trying to get into a new scheme where the front 7 outside of 2 or 3 guys have never played in a scheme like this, so there seems to be a lot of "we'll see how he fits" .. I know its a process but I think the defense is going to be really rough as everyone assimilates into the new scheme.
    When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the line of darkness. Whether they are clean or not.