Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    If you're calling Chip Kelly too dumb to see what Avant brings to this offense then I disagree.

You just have to understand, swat deals from a position of "my guys" and "not my guys." All other conclusions flow down from there. He has never been an avant fan, and has looked for any opportunity to throw him under the bus. it will play out, as it will. Your not going to change his mind. If he can't see what Avant has added to this team, and how much worse off we would be without Avant's constant 3rd down contributions, his one of the best in the nfl catch/attempt ratio, and his blocking ability - then he never will. Fact is, chip is not too dumb to recognize this. It's refreshing to see a coach not just looking for 'yes-men' but looking to truly get the best out of his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Thought View Post
    Outside of Desean and Maclin, there's no WR with a guaranteed spot on this team, including Avant. Chip has no loyalties with any former players.

Hoping either Momah or Benn replaces Riley "looks like Fabio, plays like Fabio" Cooper.
    You know, I don't know that either of them have any guarantees beyond this season either. He could not rebuild the entire team in 1 year. He has to prioritize. Maclin is coming up on contract renewal, and imho, has been majorly overpaid as it is when you factor in that 10mil+ bonus he got early on. Djax has the most potential to be here, and got his new contract already - but it looks like it can be pulled after 1 year as well if need be. Avant is one of the best, and most dependable slot receivers in the league - but I agree, his job is not guaranteed either. It is not uncommon when a new manager comes in that everyone has to prove themselves all over again, to the new standards of the new manager.

Personally, my subjective opinion, I think Maclin is the one WR, given his position and skillset, that would be easiest to upgrade - and I think we should. Djax provides a different skillset, and avant is already one of the best. We need depth, and a new true #1. I'm not sure Chip really believes he needs that with his scheme either. An early mistake Reid made, when he put in the most pass happy scheme in the NFL either. So time will tell. I will be surprised if Maclin gets a new contract if he shows as he has in the past, to not be dependable when he is needed much. As a #1, that is part of his job.

You guys crack me up with all this Avant love. We'll see what happens. I personally think he may be on the team this year but its not a lock and that he definitely wont be by next season.
    Last edited by swat; 05-13-2013 at 12:31 AM.

1. Jackson
    2. Maclin
    3. Avant/Cooper - only one makes the team, making room for Chip's guys.
    4. Benn
    5. Momah
    6. Shepard
    maybe 7. ___

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    You guys crack me up with all this Avant love. We'll see what happens. I personally think he may be on the team this year but its not a lock and that he definitely wont be by next season.
    I agree 100%....Avant is a dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    If you hate him so much, and think he is so disposable, why do you think he will be on the team this year?? Seems like you are just hedging your bets and don't want to have to admit you might be wrong.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234