Evan Mathis reportedly has ankle problems, will miss OTAs

Danny Watkins is reportedly going to start at left guard in the offseason work now according to a tweet by Derek Gunn of Comcast.

Why isn't Herremans playing LG?? Didn't he go to the probowl last time he played there?

How the hell does Mathis come up with an ankle problem since the last OTA?
    Chip is the man!

Relax! Chip will get it all figured out in time. Right now, he has to see Johnson, Herremans, et all, to see what the best combo is.

I think Watkins has suggested he is more comfortable playing LG than RG, so maybe they want to give him a shot there.

This is probably just a precautionary measure, but it is ironic that the one lineman to play all the snaps last year is now hurt.

Not really worried about Mathis. Players have cleanout procedures all the time. I'd like to see them add another veteran lineman though. Preferably someone that can play G or C. Of all our backups, Kelly is the only one I'm comfortable with. Maybe this will give Watkins a chance to prove himself. Most of the other guys are street free agent types or raw prospects like Menkin. Dallas Reynolds started a lot last season and while he wasn't as horrible as I expected him to be he wasn't exactly good either. Not much out there at this point in the offseason but I'd give Antoine Caldwell or Doug Legursky a look.

Relax, that is why we brought in Wang, Menkin, Barbre,Kopa and Tenant....all guys with tenure in the NFL.

I was never too impressed with Mathis anyway. Awesome that Watkins gets a look-see.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Danny Watkins is reportedly going to start at left guard in the offseason work now according to a tweet by Derek Gunn of Comcast.
    Been saying this for a while. Danny Watkin's only shot is at left guard.

Also been saying Mathis is the best center on the team. I'm more concerned about Kelce coming back than Evan because he hasn't even been cleared yet. Either way these two should be duking it out at center.

Peters - Watkins - Mathis - Herremans - Johnson

That could work.

I think Kelce is the center if he returns healthy, with Foles's former college center possibly winning the backup job.

Watkins is getting reps at LG but I suspect Mathis returns and wins back that job.

Peters--Mathis--Kelce--Herremans--Johnson

That's going to be the starting line barring injuries or recovery setbacks. And it could be a very good line, the best in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings View Post
    Relax, that is why we brought in Wang, Menkin, Barbre,Kopa and Tenant....all guys with tenure in the NFL.
    I dunno. Erk said your Wang wasn't very impressive.
    Chip is the man!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    Peters - Watkins - Mathis - Herremans - Johnson

That could work.
    Assuming Watkins can hold up at LG (playing along side Peters should help) this is our oline right here. Neither Mathis nor Watkins is a right guard. I'm very eager to see Lane and Herremans on the right side. Without Todd at right guard, we have a huge hole there.

This could help save Watkins career as an Eagle...or doom it once and for all.