Steelers Defense Greatest All Time

Where do you guys place players like Casey Hampton, James Harrison, and Troy Polamalu in the ranks of the greatest Steeler defenders of All time? I was really jut thinking where Troy fits, but then thought why not ask about Harrison and Hampton too. I know none of them are retired, but they have played plenty long enough to have some idea where they might fit.

Troy would be on the bench. The Human Torpedo, Donnie Shell.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Harrison ought to be up there. That INT return won us a SB. Hampton is behind Mean Joe, slightly above Joel Steed. He's in that area.

With Shell, Lake and Polamalu the Steelers have quite a legacy at Safety, something the Cowboys once took seriously as well.
    Gang Way!

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    With Shell, Lake and Polamalu the Steelers have quite a legacy at Safety, something the Cowboys once took seriously as well.
    Not quite as decorated, but Mike Wagner wasn't a slouch.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Well Steelers have had a number of great players at the positions you're mentioning.

DL -Stautner & Greene were best ever on the DL for the Steelers, but Hampton fits in with Steed, "Fats" Holmes and the like
    OLB - Starts with Ham everyone else is distant second on the outside, but have had a ton of great ones with Harrison, Russell, Lloyd, Porter.
    S - Troy has been great for us, but unfortunately his style of play at times keeps him on the sideline, but with the likes of Woodson, Shell, Wagner, Lake over he years we again have had an abundance of great safety play.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."