Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who got a steal?

Every year we get this thread and I was waiting this year, but a week later it's not here. What gives? Who do you think got a steal?

The Eagles got the best QB in the draft in the fourth round.

Jesse Williams in the fifth round to the Seahawks was pretty good.

I thought Richardson a dn Patteron were the next players in the draft, so I give kudos to the Jets and Vikings.

The Cowboys did well with the WR from Baylor, Terrence Williams in the 3rd.

I think the Bears did well with the lineback from Rutgers, Khassim Greene in the 4th, IINM.

The Eagle's best pick was the TE from Stanford in the 2nd.
    Gang Way!

So long as he's healthy, Chargers getting Keenan Allen in the 3rd will go down as the steal of this draft when all is said and done.
    "My life is not easy, but it's awesome." - Steve Gleason

No love for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton both 4th round picks?
    --Colorado Avalanche
    --San Francisco 49ers
    --Washington Nationals
    --San Antonio Spurs

"If a person has an imaginary friend they call him crazy but if a bunch of people have the same imaginary friend they call it religion"

-My two favourite teams are the SF 49ers and whoever is playing the Seahawks.

"I'm still waiting for the greatest of all the young QB's to do his thing, but if he doesn't we've been told it wont be his fault"

The Bills got the steal of the draft: UDFA Da'rick Rogers. Of course, they also made one of the worst picks of the draft in the first round.

Ryan Swope as a 6th to the Cardinals.

For the Steelers, just because of his physicality and the ability of DB coach Carnell Lake, CB Terry Hawthorne could turn out to be quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakic19 View Post
    No love for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton both 4th round picks?
    Patton is a better prospect than Jenkins from last year IMO and I love that SF is giving that Okoye kid a shot. I don't care how raw he is, you simply don't find that level of talent in the 7th round or as a UDFA.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

SF had a few good ones already mentioned.

I agree that T-Will to dallas is nice.

I love Jesse Williams in round 5.

It's hard not to love Star at 14 (a minor steal) and Floyd at 23 (HTF did that happen?).
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    Ryan Swope as a 6th to the Cardinals.

For the Steelers, just because of his physicality and the ability of DB coach Carnell Lake, CB Terry Hawthorne could turn out to be quite good.
    I never got why Swope fell that far. Great size,speed and production combo you would think. He had concussion issues, but 6th round is a big drop for just that. Agreed on Hawthorne being intriguing as well.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    SF had a few good ones already mentioned.

I agree that T-Will to dallas is nice.

I love Jesse Williams in round 5.

It's hard not to love Star at 14 (a minor steal) and Floyd at 23 (HTF did that happen?).
    Love Star at 14, perfect place for him to go. Floyd I think was a fit issue, just bad luck. He was never a top 3 guy though IMO, more of a 8-12 guy. Still a steal though.

Connor Vernon... Undrafted Free Agent.... Raiders.

Zac Stacy in the 5th round to the Rams...

Also really like RB Gillislee who Miami took late... As a Nole it pains me to say, but the kid looked like the goods in all the Gator games I got a chance to watch...
    "Yeah, everything that guy just said is Bullsh!t..... Thank you.." -Vincent LaGuardia Gambini-

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Love Star at 14, perfect place for him to go. Floyd I think was a fit issue, just bad luck. He was never a top 3 guy though IMO, more of a 8-12 guy. Still a steal though.
    I think they both ended up in really good fits.

The Panthers run D will be a lot better.

I still think Te'o is as good a prospect of Keuchly was. Neither is great in coverage but both are very good in pursuit. So I guess I'd say he was a steal. And playing in a 3-4 will only better him.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I think they both ended up in really good fits.

The Panthers run D will be a lot better.

I still think Te'o is as good a prospect of Keuchly was. Neither is great in coverage but both are very good in pursuit. So I guess I'd say he was a steal. And playing in a 3-4 will only better him.
    The biggest reason that Kuechly rose last year is because he is not only good, but elite in coverage. You're off there.

Agreed on the fits with FLoyd and Star though. Richardson is a perfect fit in NY too. Rex will make him a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I never got why Swope fell that far. Great size,speed and production combo you would think. He had concussion issues, but 6th round is a big drop for just that. Agreed on Hawthorne being intriguing as well.
    I figured he'd may even go in the 2nd round after that 4.34 40 time. He ran away from people in the SEC, and can block.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast