Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Too many people take advantage of the current tax system as it is now. I rocked that system using our accountant with investment income for years. Especially when I had our rental property. I constantly upgraded it with contractors, now that I was getting income and I was cashing in on depreciation in my return. All the while making that home better and getting paid for it in rent and value. It was a bonanza. I can only imagine the money the wealthy scam the govt. The fairest way to tax is the flat tax with a minimum income.
    [I]"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ___ Samuel Adams "Father of the American Revolution"

"Originally Posted by JackBauer"
    I'm still waiting to see the Democrats running on a platform of reduced federal spending.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    It has to get the money from somewhere.
    Right ... from everyone. Everyone in this country needs to pay more taxes. Top to bottom. Drastic spending reductions with nothing being off-limits, and drastic short-term tax increases with loophole closures, followed by a required annual balanced budget at the federal level, for starters. Once we spend less and live with our means, taxes can come down again.

Are we in agreement there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    What about giving away money to dead beat individuals? Why is that such a positive thing? I really don't understand. Honest to freaking god. Why is people sucking off the teet of society somehow a positive?

How is taxing an estate on money that has already been taxed, 2, 3 or 4 times a positive?

So you don't feel good that the two piece of scum who plant the bombs at the marathon, and mom and dad, have received approx $100 grand in different types of benefits from the Commonwealth of Mass. Oh and we get to pay for the kids lawyers and medical bills now.
    “Here’s to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.”

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314