Quincy McDuffie Vs. Trindon Holiday

McDuffie returned 6 KO's for TDs in college (should be 7 but had his opening KO against Georgia in the bowl game called back - last year 3 out of 17 were returned for TDs - a whooping 34 yard average. I think McDuffie was one of the fastest guys in the draft.

I think Trindon Holiday is getting a ball security message -and the Broncos have decided they like a dynamic return game. This will be a fun training camp battle to watch.

I thought the same thing when I was reading up on McDuffie; this is a clear message to Holiday that he should refrain from such.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

It will be exciting to see what he shows in camp. It will be tough to beat out Holliday after what he has done, but the ball security part can kill a guy. Holliday better not put the ball on the ground this preseason otherwise he may be replaced. #1 job of a return man is to hang on to the ball. MCDuffie is also a bit better as WR then Holliday in terms of skill set for a WR (but not much) if it comes down to a tie breaker. Obviously he and Holliday are in this league for their return skills not WR skills. I think Holliday keeps the job, but I like bringing a guy like this in undrafted.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

McDuffie either doesn't read the newpapers or he likes the challenge -you would think a team without a top returner would have gotten him.

Lamarr Thomas could push for return duties also.
    They say that love is more important than money, but have you ever tried to pay your bills with a hug?

Yeah - I'd say McDuffie has 43 catches his JR year and 28 his Sr year - also took the rock on ends around with some success and frequency.

He did not return a punt in college.

Which is odd. Makes you wonder if he doesn't have great hands if he is a great return man but doesn't even get a single PR throughout his entire career. VERY slim chance we would keep both to split the duties as they don't figure in the passing game much.

Lamarr Thomas really has unapplealing stats, but who knows with him. He was highly recruited coming out of college and enrolled at Ohio State. Worth an undrafted shot.

Funny. We bring in competition for a position which to me seems more than just OK. But Prater, near the bottom of the kickers in FG accuracy, exacerbated by that horrible muff in the playoffs, gets a pass (unless I missed a signing).

I think McDuffie is going to also challenge Prater for the kicking duties. This will be like the 3rd year in a row Prater has no comp. Hell, we even gave Jason Elam comp in camp when everyone knew the kicker in camp had no shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Funny. We bring in competition for a position which to me seems more than just OK. But Prater, near the bottom of the kickers in FG accuracy, exacerbated by that horrible muff in the playoffs, gets a pass (unless I missed a signing).
    POTM material

Quote Originally Posted by Draft Crazy View Post
    I think McDuffie is going to also challenge Prater for the kicking duties. This will be like the 3rd year in a row Prater has no comp. Hell, we even gave Jason Elam comp in camp when everyone knew the kicker in camp had no shot.
    More POTM Material

I found this very humanizing excellent update on Matt Prater...........ENJOY

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AtVXciVKV...a4v6KA0eeWHRY-
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" --Thomas Edison