Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

QBs are falling like cement Brinnks

Unbelievable with how guys like Barkley and Nassib who both had chances to be 1st Rd picks are still on the board going into day 3. Even guys like Bray, Wilson, Dysert, Jones, & Scott that were projected in the 3rd through 5th are going to fall even further. Some team are going to get good value on a QB in the 6th and even 7th Rds the way it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Unbelievable with how guys like Barkley and Nassib who both had chances to be 1st Rd picks are still on the board going into day 3. Even guys like Bray, Wilson, Dysert, Jones, & Scott that were projected in the 3rd through 5th are going to fall even further. Some team are going to get good value on a QB in the 6th and even 7th Rds the way it looks.
    What a difference a year makes for Barkley. I'd take him on the Vikes, probably at least equal to Ponder at this point.

What did you expect? There aren't even 10 teams in the league that are at best, in the market for a QB. After Buffalo and N.Y. took theirs, I count 23 of the 30 remaining teams, give or take, that are set and wouldn't even consider a QB. These are the only teams that would even consider taking a QB at this point in the draft- depth reasons excluded.

Minnesota
    Philly
    Arizona
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Kansas City
    Oakland

This is it.
    Last edited by Depp; 04-27-2013 at 05:57 AM.

barkley can thank leinart and sanchez for his fall

I thought Houston might consider a qb in round 2 or 3 considering how bad Schaub fell apart at the end of the year
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I think in round 4 on all teams are now on the table as now you are looking for backups and developmental guys. I doubt they do it but the Falcons need a backup QB.
    Go Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Depp View Post
    What did you expect? There aren't even 10 teams in the league that are at best, in the market for a QB. After Buffalo and N.Y. took theirs, I count 23 of the 30 remaining teams, give or take, that are set and wouldn't even consider a QB. These are the only teams that would even consider taking a QB at this point in the draft- depth reasons excluded.

Minnesota
    Philly
    Arizona
    Cleveland
    Jacksonville
    Kansas City
    Oakland

This is it.
    9ers would take one if they can land a developmental guy at a spot they like.
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

Weak class to begin with. We knew it coming in. Glennon is the best IMO, the rest are all likely career backups.
    "I rooted for the Russians in 1980 because they were the better team." - Twolvesguy

Quote Originally Posted by 9ERS4EVA View Post
    9ers would take one if they can land a developmental guy at a spot they like.
    I meant for the first 3 to 4 rounds or so. After that, like somebody else said, every team is possible for depth, as you know. Although the 49ers might have been an exception considering how much talent is on the team and how many draft picks they had.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingFan2k2 View Post
    ....... the rest are all likely career backups.
    Feel the same. Barkley, meh. No surprise, I don't know anyone who seriously imagines he was a 1st round pick. Just because the J_E_T_S were foolish to take Sanchez a few years back doesn't mean other teams are this time around.

I know some disagree about certain schools not producing good NFL talent at certain positions, but USC QB's have a very spotty record (at best) in the NFL. Going back before Sanchez and Leinart.
    Last edited by excalibur; 04-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.
    The good die first, And they whose hearts are dry as summer dust Burn to the socket. ~~ William Wordsworth

Its a QB driven league yet these teams keep thinking a 1st round OG is going to help them win. Its stupid.

It looks like Washington got a steal with the Michigan State kid in the 4th and a bunch of these kids went in the 4th. Maybe some teams (incl the Vikes) should realize they actually need to draft and develop them.

I feel bad for Nassib - Marrone wanted to take him but Hillbuddy didn't want to put extra pressure on him to win with his guy (not so sure there wasn't a marketability/short term $ concern at the root of it) and picked Manuel.

But, he didn't land in such a bad position.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Bob View Post
    I feel bad for Nassib - Marrone wanted to take him but Hillbuddy didn't want to put extra pressure on him to win with his guy (not so sure there wasn't a marketability/short term $ concern at the root of it) and picked Manuel.

But, he didn't land in such a bad position.
    I don't. Nassib was drafted where his talent dictated he should've gone all along.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I wonder if we are approaching a time where QBs are about to lose value. It will be very interesting to see IMO. The way they are training these guys from an early age is really starting to change the landscape. Yes, great athletes play the position at times, but its also a position that you can play at an elite level without elite athleticism if you train and prepare properly.

I'm not a huge fan of say, Josh Freeman or Carson Palmer or even Phil RIvers at this point. However, to look at a list and see guys who produce at the level they do rank as the 18th, 29th and 31st best QBs according to QBR(not perfect by any means, not the point) is kind of alarming. That's with a lot of young guys still improving and/or entering the league this year. Now, a few guys will retire and thin things out a bit, but still the talent pool at the position is pretty deep. A Matt Schaub or Jay Cutler would also make a great example. Schaub has very impressive stats and win totals as Houston's QB and I don't even know if he finds a starting job if he becomes a free agent after '13. Cutler got traded for a pretty big haul a few years ago and I'm not sure I could find a team that would be thrilled to give up a 1st rounder for him, even if I disregard character completely. If there are 2-3 starting/franchise QBs in this draft, it will only further the cause.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Schaub has been in deep decline and fell off a cliff at the end of last year.

I don't think QBs will lose value, we just have more good ones than ever before I think. The supply has actually surpassed the demand, at least in terms of it being a high draft pick value price.

- Ghandi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast