Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    linky dinky
    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. has testimony that Syrian rebels used sarin gas: investigator
    (Reuters) - U.N. human rights investigators have gathered testimony from casualties of Syria's civil war and medical staff indicating that rebel forces have used the nerve agent sarin, one of the lead investigators said on Sunday.

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

"Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

"This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

Del Ponte, a former Swiss attorney-general who also served as prosecutor of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, gave no details as to when or where sarin may have been used.

The Geneva-based inquiry into war crimes and other human rights violations is separate from an investigation of the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria instigated by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, which has since stalled.

President Bashar al-Assad's government and the rebels accuse each another of carrying out three chemical weapon attacks, one near Aleppo and another near Damascus, both in March, and another in Homs in December.

The civil war began with anti-government protests in March 2011. The conflict has now claimed an estimated 70,000 lives and forced 1.2 million Syrian refugees to flee.

The United States has said it has "varying degrees of confidence" that sarin has been used by Syria's government on its people.

President Barack Obama last year declared that the use or deployment of chemical weapons by Assad would cross a "red line".
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Wow. If the rebels did in fact use chemical weapons, that was a really really bad decision.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Makes more sense than Assad using them. Why would he risk international intervention with such a limited and inconsequential strike with sarin gas?

Makes the rebel side look so much worse, and really why should we help them if they are willing to play us like that, and subject their own people to a deadly nerve agent?

I'd rather see Assad stay in power.

This is at LEAST the 2nd time the rebels have used chemical weapons.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

I believe that it is at least possible that Assad is setting this up. But if not, the rebels have lost almost any credibility they had.
    The trouble with the world today is the intelligent people are full of doubt and the dumb people are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski

Ooh, and **** McCain and Graham for trying to get us involved before facts like this were brought to light.
    They are still doing it, even after this report.

I sure don't want to be involved in aiding these rebel groups.

I think we should blame the Jews.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Joseph Palmi: Let me ask you something... we Italians, we got our families, and we got the church; the Irish, they have the homeland, Jews their tradition; even the niggers, they got their music. What about you people, Mr. Wilson, what do you have?

Edward Wilson: The United States of America. The rest of you are just visiting.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Superbelt View Post
    Ooh, and **** McCain and Graham for trying to get us involved before facts like this were brought to light.
    They are still doing it, even after this report.

I sure don't want to be involved in aiding these rebel groups.
    This seems like the Iraq-Iran scenario for the US Government. Let them kill each other.
    "I like my women the way I like my scotch, 20 years old and mix up in coke."

Quote Originally Posted by lechrus2 View Post
    This seems like the Iraq-Iran scenario for the US Government. Let them kill each other.
    That did not turn out so well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by flyerhawk View Post
    That did not turn out so well for us.
    Either way it wouldn't have worked out for us. Did keep them at bay for a decade.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...s-inside-syria

American ambassador visits Syria for food delivery, photo op. General says thanks, but really wants ammo/weapons.
    APF doesn't come in screaming at others about how stupid they are. APF doesn't spam NST with the same tired topic 30 times a month. APF doesn't link to some kook in his mom's basement telling you how to, "Be afraid. Be very afraid" of the world falling down around you. And, when APF is proven wrong, he acknowledges he made a mistake and moves on, rather than harping about "sheeple."

-- Cory Bonini

Welchie summarized

Again, we can't have a serious discussion about Syria unless we're willing to talk about how the United States provided military weapons and training to terrorists in Libya in order to send them into Syria disguised as "rebels". Then, if you doubt that these Al-Queda terrorists are American 'assets' in Libya, ask yourselves why Israeli military special forces are deploying into Syria to rescue Al-Queda terrorists, giving them medical care, then sending them back to the front lines????? People, THE TRUTH IS STARING YOU IN THE FACE!!! America and Israel are running an illegal proxy war in Syria.
    As defined by the Official Terrorism Training For Law Enforcement:
    What Is Domestic Terrorism?
    Extreme force and violence perpetrated by
    the people government of a country, within that country,
    for the purpose of coercing its government and population public
    into modifying its behavior"

You are either with Our Constitution or you are with The Terrorists!

Government...if it leans to the left it eventually means theft. - tlc

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678