My draft expectations for the first 2 rounds

I don't usually do this but I need to wrap up a small project and am procrastinating.

1. With everyone looking to trade down, I think the Bears end up taking a player at #20. I certainly hope I'm wrong here but, unless Phil leverages his network to line up a deal, we're making a selection.

2. I think the Bears take a LB and a CB, in some order, with the first 2 picks. In fact, short of Sylvester Williams or Jonathan Cooper being available, I'd be quite surprised if this isn't the way things panned out.

3. I'm not going to begin to tab players at #20 or #50 but I feel pretty strongly about the positions.

4. My jaw wouldn't drop if Eifert were taken, though it would if we took a WR. I suppose I'd understand it given that we have an offensive minded HC for the first time but think we can grab someone later in the Draft to fill this need.

5. We will take a QB much higher than we anticipate.

Thoughts?
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Coach View Post
    I don't usually do this but I need to wrap up a small project and am procrastinating.

1. With everyone looking to trade down, I think the Bears end up taking a player at #20. I certainly hope I'm wrong here but, unless Phil leverages his network to line up a deal, we're making a selection.
    probably true.

2. I think the Bears take a LB and a CB, in some order, with the first 2 picks. In fact, short of Sylvester Williams or Jonathan Cooper being available, I'd be quite surprised if this isn't the way things panned out.
    have to think they're leaning CB in Round 1, unless someone unexpectedly falls. JMSO, the value at LB looks better in Round 2. (for the record, the two guys i'd love to see fall in their lap: Jonathan Cooper or Sheldon Richardson.)

3. I'm not going to begin to tab players at #20 or #50 but I feel pretty strongly about the positions.
    me too.

4. My jaw wouldn't drop if Eifert were taken, though it would if we took a WR. I suppose I'd understand it given that we have an offensive minded HC for the first time but think we can grab someone later in the Draft to fill this need.
    agree on Eifert. WR depth is pretty decent in this draft, though.

Zac Dysert in Round 4! (i can dream, can't i? LOL)
    Your Chicago Bears: still learning about this newfangled thing called the "forward pass."

Thoughts?
    That pretty much sums up what I think will happen in the next 3 days.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

I'm in favor of a trade down, but I just don't think it's in the cards. Sounds like most teams are looking for a trade down in this draft. I'm thinking Mikefive's guess that we'd get 85% value in a trade down is actually on the optimistic side. If you can trade the 1st for a top half of the 2nd and a 3rd or the 2nd for either 2 3rds or a lower 2nd and a 4th, then do it I guess. Unfortunately, I don't think there'll be a lot of attractive options.

I'd personally be surprised by a CB.

Same. Eifert would be a very solid pick-up at 20.

If Glennon is around in the 4th round, I'm guessing we'll pick him up. Fine with that, too.

I really think the talent is there to grad a starter quality CB in the 1st round whether it Taylor, Trufant, or Hayden. I have to believe there will be a mini run on WR's near where the Bears pick and it really won't surprise me if we jump in to grab a guy like Justin Hunter (if he's still on the board when we pick.). Emery has had a year to really look at the roster and the depth, and he has to go on Trestman's first impression after mini camps.

I would be shocked if one of Warmack/Cooper falls to us, but they have to be the pick if it does happen. But for the value that is available at positions of need next off season, we have to get some CB, DL and LB depth.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for “dust.”

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

If Warmack or Cooper get to 16 or 17 you trade up and don't think twice!
    Darkness can only be lit, not fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Aube View Post
    If Warmack or Cooper get to 16 or 17 you trade up and don't think twice!
    100% with you Aube....you are SPOT ON!!! Probowl players for the next 7-10 years...worth our 4th round flyer this year or next years 3rd--- JMHO!!!