Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm no fan of Manuel, but I'll give him a chance if it comes to that.

"Me against the world? So what…Im Brian Dawkins
    versus the whole 0 and 16 Lions offense
    So bring on the Giants Falcons and Miami Dolphins…"

You guys are already learning what life without McNabb is at Pick #4 and you're still ragging on the guy. It was McNabb who threw on 4th and 26. It wasn't McNabb who let Arizona put up an ungodly 26 point first half lead. The guy helmed 4 straight NFCCG Campaigns for Cripe's sake. Clearly it was the best 10 year spin the Eagles have ever enjoyed. He did this, with the exception of the 2 TO years, without a true quality WR Corps.

If he is mentoring this young QB on how to comport himself as a black QB in the NFL you couldn't have asked for any better, save maybe Doug Williams, not even Warren Moon. Of course, that said, I wish he was being mentored by Vince Young and you pick him at #4, since we all know that's what you deserve.

Oh, and BTW, if McNabb taught you's anything, it's this: whoever Philly fans DON'T want to pick, that's who Philly should pick. I just hope it's not Dion Jordan.
    Gang Way!

Latest rumor: Browns trying to hop in front of Philly--for Geno. God I hope this is true, it would make my night....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...before-philly/

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Admiral View Post
    Of course, that said, I wish he was being mentored by Vince Young and you pick him at #4, since we all know that's what you deserve
    Well you have a point there, it could be VY, or Joey Harrington or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggloo View Post
    Latest rumor: Browns trying to hop in front of Philly--for Geno. God I hope this is true, it would make my night....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...before-philly/

Maybe I missed something, but have they already given up on Weeden?

Quote Originally Posted by hut454 View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but have they already given up on Weeden?
    Did you see him play last year? ....and it's not like he has a "prime" to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Eagle View Post
    Did you see him play last year? ....and it's not like he has a "prime" to look forward to.
    LOL I did, and know he's 30, or almost 30. Just didn't think it would be one and done. Especially after taking him in round 1 last year.

McNabb is the worst person to mentor any young QB. Manuel already seemed arrogant as is but now he's got the "great" McNabb backing him up, ugh. McNabb was a poor loser, a terrible leader and always threw his teammates under the bus, he has no business mentoring any kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    McNabb is the worst person to mentor any young QB. Manuel already seemed arrogant as is but now he's got the "great" McNabb backing him up, ugh. McNabb was a poor loser, a terrible leader and always threw his teammates under the bus, he has no business mentoring any kid.
    I'll grant you he may not be the best. He did have somewhat of a 'thin skin' and the other things you say, I'll take your word for it. He must have been doing something right to claim all those division titles and playoff berths/wins, however. Look at what we had during that time. And I'll be the first to say Westbrook is a poor man's Hall of Famer, but the Eagles never really committed to the run per se. Alot of it was McNabb and your Defense - I'll grant you that your defense covered alot of McNabb's mistakes -- but remember this, had McNabb won just ONE Super Bowl title we're not having this discussion. All would be forgiven with McNabb, and it wasn't ALL HIS FAULT you'uns didn't.

I suppose it's easy for me to be a McNabb fan, that you didn't get a Lombardi with him, but all throughout his tenure I was envious that you had a solid QB and we didn't. He came up small when it mattered most - but we never got to anything that even mattered. Donny did several times. Good luck with your draft.
    Gang Way!

...I suppose it's easy for me to be a McNabb fan...
    Just as easy for most of us to be Tony Romo fans, i.e. Tony Romo, the Cowboy. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    lol...I knew about this awile ago. Chip is friends with Reid. Doesnt mean they are the same person. Mcnabb was a choker not a terrible QB or loser. Until the very end. Bottom line you can be friends with or look up to someone..doesnt mean you will be the same guy. Everyone is different. I mean most of the nfl looks up to Vick. Are they all dog killers?

Get ready to love him because he is gonna be an Eagle possibly as early as today!

Manuel said Eagles, Bills and Browns checked with him recently to make sure they have his correct contact. info. Its gonna happen.

Just like the CK hiring...I'll already be driving ...up to most to then jump on board!! Choo choo.....
    OMG, don't strain your back with that spin swat. LOL ;)

You know damn well, if EJ was not "your boy" you would be lambasting this, and making no such provisions. LOL

Funny news.

I suppose it's easy for me to be a McNabb fan, that you didn't get a Lombardi with him, but all throughout his tenure I was envious that you had a solid QB and we didn't. He came up small when it mattered most - but we never got to anything that even mattered. Donny did several times. Good luck with your draft.
    That's how I've looked at it all along too. I hate the son of a bitch McNabb now, mostly because he came to Washington and was too lazy and stubborn to learn and execute the offense. But the fact is he was a good QB for the Eagles, certainly better than anything Washington and Dallas trotted out there, and the Eagles fans just never appreciated what they had. And he sure as Hell was the most accomplished QB in Eagles history and I just know that fries so many of them. So yeah, I'm OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
    That's how I've looked at it all along too. I hate the son of a bitch McNabb now, mostly because he came to Washington and was too lazy and stubborn to learn and execute the offense. But the fact is he was a good QB for the Eagles, certainly better than anything Washington and Dallas trotted out there, and the Eagles fans just never appreciated what they had. And he sure as Hell was the most accomplished QB in Eagles history and I just know that fries so many of them. So yeah, I'm OK with that.
    This fan in particular was fine with him until he showed himself to truly be the guy that showed up on your doorstep. Dallas and Skins fans can rest on the teams of yesteryear. ....you two don't seem to appreciate the struggle and what failing like they did can do your perception.

He was good, but not good enough.

....he like most of the infamous philly players will be welcomed back in time.
    Last edited by Iron Eagle; 04-27-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12