Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Catasauqua, PA
    Posts
    11,901
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    Blame Minnesota for that. Ridiculous trade, but just goes to show that "value" is subjective. They must have loved them some Patterson.
    The Raiders trade wasn't great either. According to the value chart they lost that trade by over 500 pts. and that was giving away the 3rd pick versus the Patriots giving away the 30th pick.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    Colbert "thrilled" when Jones ran a bad 40.
    I'm very happy with the Jones pick. And...............there was no runningbacks taken so when Colbert's pick comes, he'll have a couple of good options to choose from in the second round.
    Daniel Snyder is a curse.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Catasauqua, PA
    Posts
    11,901
    Geno Smith was p!ssed at not being selected in the 1st round according to reports. He refused an on camera interview and said he wouldn't be back tomorrow. He is said to be packing up and going home.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    WVU
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG STEEL View Post
    Happy as hell Jones made it down to us, came close on Lotulelei.

    Looked like Minnesota was tearing it up with first two picks, stealing Floyd (not understanding that huge drop), but wth on trading all the picks for Patterson a one year, immature potential guy. Could have taken a couple WRs in 2nd and 3rd, what do the patsies have on fool teams like this that give up a ton. Minnesota has a few picks left still, 4, 5, 6 and two in 7 but a 2, 3, 4 and 7 is bs to give up like that.

    Bonehead pick of the night, Dallas trading down with Floyd sitting there and all the Ss, then sitting there for a Safety at 31 and instead take a 3rd round rated Center? Jerrah you've definitely become the Al Davis of the NFL, totally lost any comprehension of what's going on around him.

    There are going to be some great players sitting there in the 2nd round for us.
    Ozzie was probably shocked Dallas passed on Elam. The Ratbirds ran to the podium immediately.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
    Posts
    15,149
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    Blame Minnesota for that. Ridiculous trade, but just goes to show that "value" is subjective. They must have loved them some Patterson.

    Patterson keeps that special team "special" for the Vikings. They are going to make him the immediate kick returner to replace Harvin.
    Daniel Snyder is a curse.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,580
    The Pats made a nice trade considering who was available at the pick but it's not a steal unless your comparing it to an Oakland trade.
    Last edited by westcoast; 04-26-2013 at 07:32 AM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    O'ahu, HI
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Geno Smith was p!ssed at not being selected in the 1st round according to reports. He refused an on camera interview and said he wouldn't be back tomorrow. He is said to be packing up and going home.
    Not good. Should've pulled the Te'o (here's out here now) and stayed away. Wanted to man up to Lowfan - thought for sure Manti goes 1st round but you had it pegged. Nice! What a wild (and wierd) 1st round.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Catasauqua, PA
    Posts
    11,901
    Quote Originally Posted by HYN_Steel_fan View Post
    Not good. Should've pulled the Te'o (here's out here now) and stayed away. Wanted to man up to Lowfan - thought for sure Manti goes 1st round but you had it pegged. Nice! What a wild (and wierd) 1st round.
    To tell you the truth right at the end there before the draft I actually believed he was going to get picked by Baltimore with the last pick of the 1st round. They kept talking about him getting picked at 20 by the Bears and 24 by Minnesota, but I wasn't seeing that at all. Also now that he wasn't picked by Baltimore I'm wondering how far he falls in the 2nd. I'm looking at the teams and I don't really see a good fit in the top half of the round. Where does he fit? He could actually fall to our 2nd Rd or beyond if we don't take him and after taking Jones I'm not expecting to take another LB even if it is ILB. Any idea's where you expect him to get picked? Maybe a team trades up because based on value he shouldn't fall too far.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Catasauqua, PA
    Posts
    11,901
    Just wondering anyone else really get nervous when Jones was falling and New Orleans was up to pick? I'll tell you I was on edge. I mean you knew Buffalo was going QB and New Orleans was the team most had mocked Jones to if it wasn't the Steelers. Not only was I worried about New Orleans taking Jones, but I was worried because of the way the draft went who'd we be taking if they did take Jones. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when Vacarro's name was called.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    O'ahu, HI
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    To tell you the truth right at the end there before the draft I actually believed he was going to get picked by Baltimore with the last pick of the 1st round. They kept talking about him getting picked at 20 by the Bears and 24 by Minnesota, but I wasn't seeing that at all. Also now that he wasn't picked by Baltimore I'm wondering how far he falls in the 2nd. I'm looking at the teams and I don't really see a good fit in the top half of the round. Where does he fit? He could actually fall to our 2nd Rd or beyond if we don't take him and after taking Jones I'm not expecting to take another LB even if it is ILB. Any idea's where you expect him to get picked? Maybe a team trades up because based on value he shouldn't fall too far.
    Yeah...I saw that too. Not much in the top half of the round for Te'o. The Bills maybe? They got two picks (42 and 46) and real, real early mocks had Te'o potentially there. I agree - unless someone makes a trade up, then very good chance he's there at 48. Wild card would be the Raiders, you just never know with them.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    O'ahu, HI
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Just wondering anyone else really get nervous when Jones was falling and New Orleans was up to pick? I'll tell you I was on edge. I mean you knew Buffalo was going QB and New Orleans was the team most had mocked Jones to if it wasn't the Steelers. Not only was I worried about New Orleans taking Jones, but I was worried because of the way the draft went who'd we be taking if they did take Jones. I can't tell you how much of a relief it was when Vacarro's name was called.
    Didn't want Vacarro either and wasn't really that much on the edge. I had rationalized that Jones was the best fit but still had some thoughts of work ethic. The question I have is who were they going to take if Jones wasn't there? I know, I know - he was so it's moot but's it's an interesting discussion. Bouchette said Eifert and Patterson were high on the list. Would they have traded down? I would've gone Eifert in that scenario FWIW.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bend Oregon
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    Geno Smith was p!ssed at not being selected in the 1st round according to reports. He refused an on camera interview and said he wouldn't be back tomorrow. He is said to be packing up and going home.
    I don't know what he was thinking by even agreeing to show up yesterday. With all the pre draft criticism of the QBs in general and him in particular he had to know he was a taking a huge risk at being the "Last man sitting" in that room. Dumb move Geno.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.