Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nas' final mock

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I don't think Joeckel is playing it safe at all. The Browns and the Dolphins never found a QB. If the Chiefs don't either have one or find one, then it will be a mistake. I never denied that. Now that you have chosen Alex, for better or for worse, I think you go with the best player available. Its not like Jordan is Jadaveon CLowney,Von Miller,Julius Peppers or even Mario Williams as a prospect. You have your choice of any player in the entire draft, you have no reason to take a humongous gamble. That's how you end up with Tyson Jackson. I like Jordan a lot fwiw. I wouldn't call it a terrible pick or anything. I just think the way you act like he is obviously a better pick is pretty laughable.

Getting old and costing a boatload! That sounds like it describes Brandon Albert, who is one year younger than Hali and just as pricey. WTF? Not to mention he reportedly has back issues, which is a huge concern for a man his size. You're so caught up on the stat that he allowed only one sack last year that you fail to acknowledge that he's overall pretty middle of the pack. He's arguably a top 10 pass blocker for the position, but a very bad run blocker. He's going to be overpaid and he's leaving his prime.

As for your stats, its pretty easy to not allow sacks when you don't throw the ball(27th in attempts). Its tough to generate sacks when you are behind constantly and have the 27th best run defense, not to mention a depleted secondary. Lets not throw meaningless stats around inside a vaccuum, ok?
    Excellent post.

I really don't like it for the 49ers

Hunt is a reach in the first and Elam is a SS, we need a safety with range and ball skills to play FS

In that scenario I would much prefer to go with Cyprien and Taylor
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Steelers likely take Lacy in the 2nd if it falls that way. Great effort, man!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    In the last 3 days it sure does seem like the presumption has went from Detroit taking Joeckel/Fisher or Ansah/Milliner of the former arent' there, to Joeckle/Fisher/Johnson

Too bad :(

Warner in the 2nd would be nice, however.
    That's the thing for me. There are DEs in the 2nd that arguably aren't a huge drop off from Ansah. Werner,Carradine,Moore,Okafor,Washington etc.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by BobbleHead View Post
    Steelers likely take Lacy in the 2nd if it falls that way. Great effort, man!
    Almost gave them Lacy actually, damn.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    I really don't like it for the 49ers

Hunt is a reach in the first and Elam is a SS, we need a safety with range and ball skills to play FS

In that scenario I would much prefer to go with Cyprien and Taylor
    I know Hunt won't be popular with some, I'll leave that one alone, though I do think its a high likelihood of happening. I think you take advantage of your ability to gamble a bit with all those picks and such a solid roster.

Fwiw, Cyprien is just as much a SS as Elam, if not more so. He's a William Moore type, in the box S. Elam has a little more range IMO. Like Q said, the Niners arguably need both S spots anyways. I kind of wish I gave them Swearinger or Reid though actually.

I know Hunt won't be popular with some, I'll leave that one alone, though I do think its a high likelihood of happening. I think you take advantage of your ability to gamble a bit with all those picks and such a solid roster.

Fwiw, Cyprien is just as much a SS as Elam, if not more so. He's a William Moore type, in the box S. Elam has a little more range IMO. Like Q said, the Niners arguably need both S spots anyways. I kind of wish I gave them Swearinger or Reid though actually.
    I like Hunt's potential, but no way with a 1st round pick

I disagree on Cyprien, he played much more in a deep half than Elam did, who made his money in the box. Yes we need a long-term replacement for Whitner, but not with our first two picks. Our first safety selected needs to be a FS and ready to start Day 1
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    I like Hunt's potential, but no way with a 1st round pick

I disagree on Cyprien, he played much more in a deep half than Elam did, who made his money in the box. Yes we need a long-term replacement for Whitner, but not with our first two picks. Our first safety selected needs to be a FS and ready to start Day 1
    Fair enough, we agree to disagree on both points.

Fwiw, If I'm the Niners I try very hard to do a Julio Jones trade for Star Lotulei. That's one of the few guys you will come across that can replace J.Smith's impact. He can be a Ngata type player. Now, Smith is better than Ngata, but you aren't going to find another Justin Smith most likely.

Fair enough, we agree to disagree on both points.

Fwiw, If I'm the Niners I try very hard to do a Julio Jones trade for Star Lotulei. That's one of the few guys you will come across that can replace J.Smith's impact. He can be a Ngata type player. Now, Smith is better than Ngata, but you aren't going to find another Justin Smith most likely.
    That's how i feel about Richardson

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Interesting. I don't see that one, but glad we can agree on the general premise. Richardson's pass rush would be nice, but his lack of run D skills woudl really hurt him in SF's defensive style I'd think.

Great job on the mock, but for the Bears, I'd be a little disappointed to be honest. There's no reason to spend a 1st round pick on a TE when they just signed one long term in FA and not to mention, that there are other TE's in this draft that can be had later that just might be as productive as Eifert when it's all said and done. I would have rather seen a trade down first and foremost but if that wasn't possible then I think a CB (Taylor) or LB (Brown) would have been a better option since the Bears defense has little to no depth at those positions.

As for Barrett Jones, I like the position you addressed but not the player. I think Jones is overrated and would rather see the Bears have taken an inside guy like Larry Warford (who interestingly enough didn't make it in either round of your mock).

Appreciate the effort though.
    Last edited by DaSuperfan; 04-24-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    "Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception." - George Orwell

If I had any idea Cleveland was going to waste the Atlanta pick on Weeden, I'd have preferred just taking Julio (should have taken Reiff or De Castro). So while I'm not sold on Geno, I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSuperfan View Post
    Great job on the mock, but for the Bears, I'd be a little disappointed to be honest. There's no reason to spend a 1st round pick on a TE when they just signed one long term in FA and not to mention, that there are other TE's in this draft that can be had later that just might be as productive as Eifert when it's all said and done. I would have rather seen a trade down first and foremost but if that wasn't possible then I think a CB (Taylor) or LB (Brown) would have been a better option since the Bears defense has little to no depth at those positions.

As for Barrett Jones, I like the position you addressed but not the player. I think Jones is overrated and would rather see the Bears have taken an inside guy like Larry Warford (who interestingly enough didn't make it in either round of your mock).

Appreciate the effort though.
    Yah, Warford just caught a bad break. I generally expect him to go in the 2nd round or so.

I'm with DSF. Congrats on the effort, and you hit two interesting positions for the Bears, but it's tough to see Rhodes and Hankins slip past us when we could find a good-enough C and second TE later on.
    That the world is explicable is miraculous, and so explanations need not be the undoing of miracles.

We never learn anything, never in the world, and in spite of all the history books written. There’s a regular warehouse of fine suggestions, and if we’re not better it isn’t because there aren’t plenty of marvelous and true ideas to draw on, but because our vanity weighs more than all of them put together.

Lets not throw meaningless stats around inside a vaccuum, ok?
    Decipher it how you will, the Chiefs are categorically better at protecting their QB than pressuring the opponent's. Further, it's absolutely more important to pressure the passer. You can scheme around OTs and your QB's release, but you can't scheme pressure. It amazes me that people don't realize how bad the Chiefs were at rushing the passer and getting off the field on 3rd down despite having two great individual rushers. Because for all their talent, they can be slowed down with heavy protections to their angles. That gives other players gorgeous 1-on-1 matchups. The problem? KC doesn't have anyone even remotely capable of winning those matchups.

I wouldn't argue strongly against an OT if the Chiefs didn't have one. I'd still prefer a rusher but at least the alternative makes sense. It really doesn't when there's a good, experienced LT in place.

People are quick to point out the bad math KC's doing if they make the trades and picks so heavily rumored, but in threads like these pretend they're doing the right thing. Let this sink in:

1st overall pick + 34th overall pick = Alex Smith and late 2nd round pick

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast