Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Yeah, try as they might, the genie isn't going back in the bottle. The footage of the good ole days of Rozelle announcing the Jets picking an unknown player in the first round, and their fans frantically going through their paper Pro Football Weekly with 2 month old info trying to find a blurb about him are long gone. The draft used to be a niche event that only a handful of people cared about. Now it's a gigantic event on the national stage, and there are hundreds of people covering for a variety of local and national publications. Now with the internet each one reaches a global audience instantaneously in real time. If I were Shefter I would be pretty pissed that I spent 3 months gleaning info and working sources only to have my hands tied on the day it matters, while my competitors "break" stories I already knew about. Does the NFLN/ESPN honestly think people aren't going to be frantically checking their phones/laptops/tablets while watching their TV coverage?
    ESPN doesn't care if you check your phones. They are doing this because the fans, the people who watch the draft, voted for it to be this way. If you desire to check twitter or whatever else, go for it.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    ESPN doesn't care if you check your phones. They are doing this because the fans, the people who watch the draft, voted for it to be this way. If you desire to check twitter or whatever else, go for it.
    Yeah, focus grouping always brings about amazing and phenomenal product.

99.9999999999% of those people who voted are hypocrites and liars who are going to be on the internet the entire draft
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

A little birdy just told me, Chris Berman is a douchbag. As annoying as Mayock can be after a while, thank God for the NFL Network Draft. I'll never, EVER have to watch Berman again.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Being a Ram's fan is like having perpetual diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Yeah, focus grouping always brings about amazing and phenomenal product.

99.9999999999% of those people who voted are hypocrites and liars who are going to be on the internet the entire draft
    Maybe, but what's your point? Why not have no tipping on the actual broadcast and let people use the Internet if they want to know before they're announced?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123