Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 251
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    20,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    So many rumors floating around right now it's almost comical.
    DJ Hayden is the best corner in this draft
    I was listening to NFL on XM last night and a man claiming to be DJ's barber called in saying that he pleaded with DJ to not play football anymore over his heart condition :)
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    36,735
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    I used to think that. Then he had Wr Mike Williams as #1 on his board... and the Lions took him at #9 (or was it #10). The ensuing years demonstrated that he was precisely as bad as Millen.



    I think you are probably right. I think you (and Mayhew) are probably smarter than Kiper.
    I was mostly kidding about the Kiper/Lions thing, but I think it would be incredibly stupid for them to take project DE when they have no OTs and run a 70% passing offense that will pay monster money to Stafford and CJ.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    59,048
    Interesting rumor going around now is Tenn might take a G at 10, but not Warmack or Cooper.

    It's Fluker.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

    "Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    Dion Jordan just seems small for for a 4-3 DE, even wide 9.

    *re-checks measurements*

    I guess he could get up to 260lbs no problem with that height. I seem to recall Avril being at least 10lbs lighter when he was drafted.

    I guess it's a really toss up between him or Ansah for the Lions if the LT's are gone. They both have outstanding speed, but Ansah already has the frame and mass you want for an elite DE. Dion has more experience, however and there aren't any questions about his actual age.

    I guess at this point I see Dion more like an Avril replacement meaning he'll probably be a decent pass rusher (maybe even better) but will be a liability against the run do to his lack of size and trouble getting low.

    Ansah seems to have a shot at being better than Avril in all aspects once he learns the game, provided he's not 35 years old already.

    : /

    I guess I hope they somehow get Fisher. :)
    I could see Jordan playing the Von Miller role, lining up at SLB on some downs, but replacing Jones at DE in obvious pass rush situations. I don't worry about his weight too much with his length and athleticism. We've seen a lot of small pass rushers, like Robert Mathis for example.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Interesting rumor going around now is Tenn might take a G at 10, but not Warmack or Cooper.

    It's Fluker.
    Dammit I was going to post my final mock soon with Fluker at 10. I would see Tennessee playing him at G for now and possibly taking Stewart's job next year. However, he coudl even stay at G as Munchak and co are supposedly very preoccupied with blocking JJ Watt.

    edit - not sure I'll ever post it with how much things seem to keep changing though!
    Last edited by Nastradamus; 04-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    What exactly is Rex not good at as a HC, besides PR?
    I'm not even sure he's bad at PR. I think he says everything for a reason. The 2 years he guaranteed a SB they made the damn championship game. Sure, they didn't win the SB, but I think it motivated his team and showed he believed in them. The Tebow thing was a disaster, but other than that, the NY media is going to be a little crazy. I don't think Rex has done anything terrible PR wise.

    He's a great defensive mind, he gets the most out of his players and players want to come there and play for him. His offenses haven't been good because he didn't have a QB, but he has had success in spite of that. Most coaches who have bad QBs dont' come near his success, even if they play defense.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,342
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Interesting rumor going around now is Tenn might take a G at 10, but not Warmack or Cooper.

    It's Fluker.

    I'm not doubting it, since Mike Munchak has not been shy about the fact that he wants to draft a guard, but I can't believe the Titans are going to spend a Top 10 pick on a guard (the first Top 10 pick on a guard in 15 years) after they've already broke the bank in the offseason for Levitre and signed another NFL caliber starter in Rob Turner. This is what happens when you hand the keys to your franchise to a longtime ex player, he starts collecting a herd of players that played his position at the expense of the rest of the team. The defense was the deadlast worst in the NFL last year in points allowed. Are they just resigned to being a clowncar on fire on the defensive side of the ball so Mike Munchak can collect his personal vanity project dream OL?
    Last edited by TrueNBlue; 04-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    25,164
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Manuel is going 1st round, he has been invited to the draft.
    Not for nothing, but an invitation to the event is not a guarantee of anything. There have been multiple guys that went to the draft that weren't picked in the 1st every year since they went to 3 days and increased the number of green room guys.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,427
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    I'm not doubting it, since Mike Munchak has not been shy about the fact that he wants to draft a guard, but I can't believe the Titans are going to spend a Top 10 pick on a guard (the first Top 10 pick on a guard in 15 years) after they've already broke the bank in the offseason for Levitre and signed another NFL caliber starter in Rob Turner. This is what happens when you hand the keys to your franchise to a longtime ex player, he starts collecting a herd of players that played his position at the expense of the rest of the team. The defense was the deadlast worst in the NFL last year in points allowed. Are they just resigned to being a clowncar on fire on the defensive side of the ball so Mike Munchak can collect his personal vanity project dream OL?
    Actually Munchak has said he's not a fan of first round guards. This year may or may not be the exception, but like I said before, the other thing you have to consider is that their OTs are coming up on free agency, so FLuker would potentially be a replacement at RT after being a G for a year. Levitre also has OT potential.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    36,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    Not for nothing, but an invitation to the event is not a guarantee of anything. There have been multiple guys that went to the draft that weren't picked in the 1st every year since they went to 3 days and increased the number of green room guys.
    He has all the physical tools, which is something few of these guys have. I think the goes round 1. He is big, mobile, strong arm, solid accuracy, etc. Should be better than he is at this point but we all know the NFL guys loves projectable players.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    20,266
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Trading up for Milner makes absolutely no sense to me.

    A team like the Jets needs every pick possible and to simply go BPA.
    Every year team(s) make seemingly nonsensicle moves in the draft.

    If people believe he could be the much-sought-after big / fast / CB then I could see teams moving up to get him.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    20,266
    Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    Slander/defamtion and the damages would be a difficult bar. And you'd risk getting blackballed.
    There has to be a statute of limitations, however. If they had x years (7?) that might put them at the end of their career.

    I'm also not sure how badly a player would get blackballed if he's a talent (and not a malcontent).

    I can understand why Titus Young is blackballed. He's a abject cancer.

    A guy that is talented who does well in the league isn't going to get blackballed for sueing a competing team for slandering him, I think.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38,427
    Sal Paolantonio said someone told him not to be shocked if Kelly takes Tavon Austin 4th overall.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tied to the KFFL merry-go-round
    Posts
    25,164
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    He has all the physical tools, which is something few of these guys have. I think the goes round 1. He is big, mobile, strong arm, solid accuracy, etc. Should be better than he is at this point but we all know the NFL guys loves projectable players.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he does (shoot Ponder did fer cripes sake), but there's a difference between saying you think he will, and saying he will and using the fact that he's attending the draft as proof, that's all. I can pretty much guarantee ESPN and the league WANT guys there that aren't going in the 1st...makes for "better TV."
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    20,266
    ...about the whole slander thing, I just think it's a much bigger deal under the new CBA because the rookies can't hold out for more money anymore.

    Say Milliner is projected as a top 5 pick, the Jets slander him a few days before the draft to lower his draft stock. Teams in the top of the draft find the slander plausible and pass on him because of it. He falls to the Jets at 9.

    Milliner can't hold out for #5 money anymore under the new CBA, so the Jets stand to lose nothing and everything to gain by slandering him. They don't even risk him being a 'I deserve #5 money malcontent' because the CBA sets his salary.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  






Part of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties.