Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Eifert at 6 is a reach.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dre View Post
    I think his age is a big factor

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    He's only 25 right? I could see if he was already 28 or something, but that first rookie contract would run through his 30th birthday, so I don't think it's that big a deal. Lot's of redshirted guys are already 23-24 when they come out as Seniors, so he's no Wheeden.

I think the Dee Milliner talk originated from the NY Jets....
    "I would not join any club that would have someone like me for a member." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I always thought Warmack was overrated, still do. I have a number of games on DVR and I went back to re-watch the SEC championship game to see the Georgia and Bama players. Warmack was good and bad, still moves awkwardly and was knocked off balance many times by a good Georgia defense. Didn't see elite level play there.
    Yeah, his poor feet got exposed a bit in the Georgia game. I think quite a few of these Alabama guys are just used to bullying and manhandling physically overwhelmed opponents, especially as the game wears on and the opponent just winds down. College defenses just don't have the horses to rotate in quality players along the front line. They won't find it as easy in the NFL when the playing field gets leveled. I think it's a bit like Butch Davis' stacked Hurricane defenses. They're may be some Wilforks and Ed Reeds and Jonathon Vilmas in the group, but there's also a lot of Mike Rumphs, William Josephs, Jerome McDougals in there too that are going to get way overdrafted because their teammates made them look a lot better than they are.
    Last edited by TrueNBlue; 04-23-2013 at 06:06 AM.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Eifert at 6 is a reach.
    Eifert in the first round is a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Firing Rex would be one of the stupidest moves I can think of. Coaches I'd take over Rex: Belichick,Payton and that's about it.
    I think you know infinitely more about football than I do, but wow, that's a rare head-scratcher for me (coming from you).

What exactly is Rex not good at as a HC, besides PR?
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I hope the jets don't fire Rex. They're not gonna do better.

I'm getting more and more excited that Milner might fall to 10.
    I doubt he'll get out of the top 5, let alone past the Jets.

Some draft guru on NFL XM yesterday thought the Jets would trade up to #3 to get him (giving up #9 and presumably their 2nd rounder) in spite of the new past injury rumors.

I think it's just more of the standard 'team that wants him slanders him hoping to get him to fall' operating procedure.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Sadly, Mel Kiper probably knows more about football than the entire Lions organization.
    I used to think that. Then he had Wr Mike Williams as #1 on his board... and the Lions took him at #9 (or was it #10). The ensuing years demonstrated that he was precisely as bad as Millen.

They'll take an OT IMO. They've got no one there and IMO we may well see 3 OTs in the top 4 picks.
    I think you are probably right. I think you (and Mayhew) are probably smarter than Kiper.

Trading up for Milner makes absolutely no sense to me.

A team like the Jets needs every pick possible and to simply go BPA.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Yeah, I've penciled him in for Detroit. Jim Schwartz gets his Javon Kearse clone to replace Avril and play Wide 9.
    Dion Jordan just seems small for for a 4-3 DE, even wide 9.

*re-checks measurements*

I guess he could get up to 260lbs no problem with that height. I seem to recall Avril being at least 10lbs lighter when he was drafted.

I guess it's a really toss up between him or Ansah for the Lions if the LT's are gone. They both have outstanding speed, but Ansah already has the frame and mass you want for an elite DE. Dion has more experience, however and there aren't any questions about his actual age.

I guess at this point I see Dion more like an Avril replacement meaning he'll probably be a decent pass rusher (maybe even better) but will be a liability against the run do to his lack of size and trouble getting low.

Ansah seems to have a shot at being better than Avril in all aspects once he learns the game, provided he's not 35 years old already.

: /

I guess I hope they somehow get Fisher. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rjohmit View Post
    I've also read that Atlanta could be interested in trading into the top 10 for one of the top corners...
    I like how the new rookie cap format has restored a lot of value to top 10 picks.

They really are assets now rather than liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Bob View Post
    Warmack may have medical flags now too - these Alabama guys are beat up. DJ Fluker could conceivably be the first Alabama player selected if AZ's love fest with him is true and Millner slides out of the top 10.
    I'm wondering, given how much these rookies stand to lose financially under the new pay structure, are we going to eventually start seeing slander cases against teams that strategically leak rumors on players they hope will fall?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Yikes...
    Yep. I think the Harbaughs have to be in that discussion now too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    I'm wondering, given how much these rookies stand to lose financially under the new pay structure, are we going to eventually start seeing slander cases against teams that strategically leak rumors on players they hope will fall?
    Slander/defamtion and the damages would be a difficult bar. And you'd risk getting blackballed.

- Ghandi

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast