Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I hope the jets don't fire Rex. They're not gonna do better.

I'm getting more and more excited that Milner might fall to 10.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by femurov View Post
    Cleveland likes Deon Jordan and might select him over Milliner. Also hearing that the Browns really want to trade down.
    Yeah, I'm not really buying the Milliner to the Browns rumors. I've heard Lombardi so many times over the last few years saying he prefers building defenses around pass rush over pass coverage. It feels like a smokescreen to me.

I also think Browns are the team most likely to take a chance on Geno in the Top 10, given that Rob Chudzinski designed and implemented that offense around Cam Newton in Carolina. I've also heard Lombardi time and time again go on and on about how your franchise is going nowhere without a franchise QB, and I know he's not a Brandon Wheedon fan. Plus, the Browns need a face of the franchise they can rally and market around, particularly with all the scandal around their ownership.
    Last edited by TrueNBlue; 04-22-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

As far as Patterson, yeah, it sounds like Hunter may also go higher than people think. Being compared to AJ Green athletically, although not as good at this point.

Cleveland likes Deon Jordan and might select him over Milliner.
    Maybe in their ideal world scenario, but he won't be there.

Rams and Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins. He's come in for a 2nd visit. I love his hands.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Maybe in their ideal world scenario, but he won't be there.
    Yeah, I've penciled him in for Detroit. Jim Schwartz gets his Javon Kearse clone to replace Avril and play Wide 9.
    “I spent a lot of money on booze, women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.” -- George Best

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNBlue View Post
    Yeah, I've penciled him in for Detroit. Jim Schwartz gets his Javon Kearse clone to replace Avril and play Wide 9.
    I can only hope that they'd waste a high pick on a raw guy that looks about 30 while having no OTs to run a passing offense. Stafford DEAD, Calvin neutered.

Cleveland has been linked to trade rumors involving several teams, most notably because one of the top 3 OTs could be there, and teams think they'll need to jump in front of Arizona to get him.

I've also read that Atlanta could be interested in trading into the top 10 for one of the top corners...

Cleveland likes Deon Jordan and might select him over Milliner. Also hearing that the Browns really want to trade down.

I think we'll see a lot of trades in the top 10. Maybe even a couple of 1 selection trade ups.
    I do too, just don't see Jordan being there.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    I hope the jets don't fire Rex. They're not gonna do better.

I'm getting more and more excited that Milner might fall to 10.
    Firing Rex would be one of the stupidest moves I can think of. Coaches I'd take over Rex: Belichick,Payton and that's about it.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I can only hope that they'd waste a high pick on a raw guy that looks about 30 while having no OTs to run a passing offense. Stafford DEAD, Calvin neutered.
    I find all of this to be a bit extreme, but are you mixing up Ansah and Jordan with the "looks about 30" comment?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    I think the Top 3 tackles will be gone by the 4th pick, and #5 is too early to take Fluker. Particularly if you're looking for great pass protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I find all of this to be a bit extreme, but are you mixing up Ansah and Jordan with the "looks about 30" comment?
    Oops, for some reason I read Ansah there. Regardless, I don't think that would be a great pick for them.

Warmack may have medical flags now too - these Alabama guys are beat up. DJ Fluker could conceivably be the first Alabama player selected if AZ's love fest with him is true and Millner slides out of the top 10.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

I always thought Warmack was overrated, still do. I have a number of games on DVR and I went back to re-watch the SEC championship game to see the Georgia and Bama players. Warmack was good and bad, still moves awkwardly and was knocked off balance many times by a good Georgia defense. Didn't see elite level play there.

I also thought Ogletree got his arse kicked as much or more than Te'o but people didn't make as big of a deal out of it, probably because it wasn't the national championship. He made a few nice plays, although they were almost all when he was not blocked or on a cutback that wasn't designed. He did make a nice stick in the hole on a goal-line play but overall I saw a guy that didn't look like he wanted to take on too many blocks.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast