Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Late draft rumours

What rumours are you hearing only a few days out?

- Bills will take Nassib at #8

- 49ers to trade up to around 13/14, possibly for Ansah

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk 2
    "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man" - Jack Handy

The Niners would have to move up way higher than that for Ansah.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSeahawk View Post
    The Niners would have to move up way higher than that for Ansah.
    I agree with this. I think he may go as high as 5.

I've heard the Jags are seriously considering whichever tackle KC passes on between joekel and fisher. Philly loves lane johnson, but then I heard johnson's agent is behind that rumor. Also heard Philly loves Ansah and Jordan.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

If the Niners are going to move up it better be for a Justin Smith replacement. They're not very good without him.

Patterson may fall quite a ways. Teams apparently don't like his football IQ. Still, he is such a playmaker and guys his size/speed are hard to find, so I would think he doesn't fall out of the 1st.

My personal belief is that Cooper is better than Warmack. I think he may go first among the OGs.

Sounds like Jamar Taylor could go higher than people think.

Agreed on Taylor, but at the same time I have no idea what to think of the CB pool. Hayden is moving up, Taylor is moving up, Slay got invited to the draft and you have a bunch of other guys in that range, including Rhodes and Trufant.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I hear that DC shaves his entire body specifically for the draft, and watches it wrapped in vaseline and saran wrap.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    I hear that DC shaves his entire body specifically for the draft, and watches it wrapped in vaseline and saran wrap.
    He does that the last week of every month, it just happens to line up with the draft.
    "Loyalty to any one sports team is pretty hard to justify, because the players are always changing; the team could move to another city. You're actually rooting for the clothes when you get right down to it." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Mayhew says Lions aren't trading up and are happy with their 3 rookie CB's from last year dispite what Mel Kiper says.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryin Lion View Post
    Mayhew says Lions aren't trading up and are happy with their 3 rookie CB's from last year dispite what Mel Kiper says.
    Sadly, Mel Kiper probably knows more about football than the entire Lions organization.

They'll take an OT IMO. They've got no one there and IMO we may well see 3 OTs in the top 4 picks.

Also hearing that Dee Milliner will fall. Not sure how far now that the jets traded Revis. Probably to 9 now. Also heard Tavon Austin won't make it past the Jets at 13.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    Sadly, Mel Kiper probably knows more about football than the entire Lions organization.

They'll take an OT IMO. They've got no one there and IMO we may well see 3 OTs in the top 4 picks.

Lol... true. I wonder why nobody has ever approached him to be a gm.

I think you're right with the OTs. Oakland is probably the odd man out there, but even they may take one at 3 if they don't trade down.

NY getting Milliner would be a steal. Really eases losing Revis at that point. I don't know who Cleveland takes if not Milliner though. I do hear they might try to trade Sheard for a 2nd, to a 4-3 team, so maybe they want a pass rusher. Maybe they take a QB I guess.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Cleveland likes Deon Jordan and might select him over Milliner. Also hearing that the Browns really want to trade down.

I think we'll see a lot of trades in the top 10. Maybe even a couple of 1 selection trade ups.

Heard the same thing about Patterson - really bombed his interviews and board work. A lot of teams think his teammate will be a better pro.

Seem to be DJ Fluker is gaining steam and there have reportedly been a few teams that think he could potentially play LT but hard to decipher what's real vs agent BS. None the less having the top 4 OT's go in the first 15-20 picks looks like all but a lock. Also some talk that Watson could sneak into the first - potentially on a trade back from a team that missed out on one of the top 4.

Funny that Mike Iupati going at 17 is the highest a G has gone in a decade or more but both Cooper and Warmack could conceivable go higher.

One guy I interact with that does a lot of his own scouting and has some occasional access to scouts is convinced Kiko Alonso will go significantly higher than expected - he projects well as a big/physical/athletic 4-3 MLB which are becoming harder and harder to find.

My wife's cousin's husband who I see once in a blue moon used to be in a high-ranking position with the operation of the Philly sports complex and still keeps in touch with some of his contacts with the Eagles (I have no idea if these guys actually have access to good information or not so take with a grain of salt). Apparently their GM has a huge boner for Margus Hunt and the DC (Bill Davis) is interested as well - they see him potentially as a similar talent to a guy who flourished under him in AZ - Calais Campbell. They want to hit all 3 levels of their defense early so a draft combo of Dion Jordan and Margus Hunt in the 1st and 2nd is a real possibility.

I'm really interested to see what the Jets do now that they have an extra first. With the talk of a few teams looking to trade up from the 20s I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to peddle one of their picks in a deal that somehow includes a #1 next year. Two 2014 1st rounders as well as an extra 3rd would give them all the ammo they need to get a QB should they have a new coach.
    What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast