Who do you trust more

When it comes to scouting and ranking college QBs draft prospects who do you trust the most? Here are a few experts #1 ranked QB:

Jon Gruden - Ryan Nassib (got this from Wings thread)
    Mike Mayock - Geno Smith
    Bill Polian - Landry Jones (Seen Bill on ESPN NFL Live)
    Todd McShay - Geno Smith
    Mel Kiper - Geno Smith
    Ron Jaworski - Geno Smith

Feel free to add another expert's choice. I thought it interesting Gruden has Nassib #1, but even more stunning was Polian saying Jones s the best QB of the bunch. He did say no QB is on the level of Luck or RGIII, but that Jones in undervalued because the talent on Oklahoma wasn't very good around him.

Anyway who do you trust most in there QB rankings and I'm not just talking this year.

I don't trust any of them.

Greg Cosell (Nassib) and myself

It's all about the O the kid lands in unless he's uber-talented.

Anyone that agrees with me. I think Dan Patrick said EJ is the best QB in the draft months ago. So...I'll go with him. THIS YEAR.

Seriously though, everyone has their own personal preference when it comes to QBs and what they are looking for. I say...trust your own opinion and stick with it.

No one is always right. So, I dont think you can blindly follow any of those guys or anyone else for that matter.

When guys like Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson dont go in round 1. Dan Marino is the last of 6 QBs drafted in round 1 and guys like Jamarcus Russell, Andre Ware, Akili Smith & Ryan LEaf are picked 1 or 2 overall...its pretty obvious this is not an exact science.

Look at 2011, CK was the 6th QB picked and may wind up the best. I doubt many had him as their #1 QB prospect other than maybe SF.

Aaron Rodgers went #24 overall and is probably the best QB in the NFL right now. By comparison...Byron Leftwich went #7 overall a couple of years earlier.

Biggest thing for me is what do they have upstairs. Are they smart? Do they have a good work ethic?

Also...Do they have elite potential? Proven winner? Are they leaders? Are they accurate? Pocket ability? Strong arm for cold weather? Scheme specific; Can they run? Do they have good size?

I dont worry as much about inconsistency (Ben, Eli & Flacco are inconsistent and have 5 SB wins between them) or mechanics if they have work ethic. Turnovers are important but more so in clutch moments, not as much overall imo. Turnovers can be corrected to a degree. A choker is a choker.

The thing is the NFL is changing. The eye test has changed imo. You dont have to be picture perfect as a passer or in the pocket to be really successful now and a lot of it has to do with the introduction of the Read Option.
    Last edited by swat; 04-21-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Chip Kelly.

Every draft pundit is hit or miss, I put very little stock in their rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by iggles nut View Post
    I don't trust any of them.
    This