Question Gabe Carimi at G

It certainly appears that Carimi is currently considered to be a G by Trestman and co. Minicamp reports support this thinking. This thread is not about "bust" labels or Jerry Angelo's drafting prowess. Short of an emergency, Carimi's a G now and we might as well move on.

At this moment in time, where we only have the information from last year, I have questions for you about this...

1. On the A-F scale, how do you project him as a G in 2013, considering that for the first time, he will go through TC as a G and not a T?
    2. On the same scale, what do you think his ceiling is and why?
    3. Considering he has 2 years left on his contract, does his move to G remove his position from the "upgrade needed" list?
    Wouldn't it be great if we booted the 200 lawyers from the House and Senate and replaced them with economists? That way, we'd stop harming our economy with laws that would apply to the politicians, too.

1. B. I think he should be solid there,but limited sample size.
    2. A. The guy was an Outland Trophy winner in college at LT. It's not that he doesn't have talent, so I would think his ceiling is high.
    3. No. Only because we don't know. I think he should be good, but I can't really say that upgrade isn't needed.
    Basic, yes, but it was something we rarely saw under former Bears coordinator Ron Turner. Turner's idea of in-game adjustments involved his boxer shorts. -Rick Morrissey.

1. C+ grade. Don't forget Carimi will also be the healthiest Carimi we've seen in a while.
    2. B+ I think anything higher would mean he'd be a Pro Bowler and I don't know if that'll be the case. He graded out pretty good at guard last year and as you've mentioned he did not go through TC at the position. I've also been on record that I've never been impressed with Tice. Kromer has a MUCH better track record of getting the most out of his players.
    3. No. Because we're not exactly set at our other G position, either. If one of the top guards falls to us and we have them graded out as a player that you can plug in for the next 10 years I'd have to think we'd stay put and select one of them (unless a team made us a ridiculous trade offer)