Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    I think MK won too but I got positions right and Michael as well, but that trade won it.

Interesting draft, some surprising picks.
    I nailed Williams, but in the wrong spot. Calling the trade is going to win it for MK in a laugher.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Someone had to put an end to AAH's reign of terror.
    "Personal foul, 69, offense. He was giving him the business."

All of us put together got two names right . . .

LOL, it was ever thus with this FO.

Of the whole group I don't see one immediate starter on either side of the ball but solid depth. Somehow though that was what I was expecting save for the pick @ 56.

My 3 favourites are Powell, Williams, & Michael.
    Seattle Seahawks, winners of SuperBowl XLVIII, what an amazing season!

Quote Originally Posted by MKHawk View Post
    Someone had to put an end to AAH's reign of terror.
    All I had been doing the last few years was relying of Rob Rang's insight. He seemed to have some inside info for a few years. Obviously not anymore. I don't think he ever connected Michael with us this year. I never heard about his enthusiastic visit.

Congrats on the win MK.
    The day is short; the task is great. You are not expected to complete the work; yet you are not free to evade it. Pirkei Avot 2:15

The winner of this contest by a wide margin was MKHawk with 52 points

His guess was right in the following ways:

-he predicted a trade of pick 2-56 + 15 points
    -he predicted the right player @ the wrong slot, RB- Christine Michael + 20 points
    -he predicted right position, wrong player @ pick 3-87 (DT) & pick 4-123 (WR) + 20 points
    -then he lost 3 points on his prediction of a trade of pick 7-220 - 3 points
    Total 52 points

Next was BHF with 30 points as he guessed right player wrong slot with DT Jesse Williams, plus right position WR, wrong player @ 4-123 slot.

Then jammer with 20 points by guessing right player wrong slot, RB- Christine Michael.

Following that there were 6 others who guessed right position, wrong player and got 10 points.

3 scored 0 points though 1 identified OL as a right position wrong player and was not awarded points b/c the position was not specifically identified.

1 got a -3 score by wrongly predicting a trade.

Congrats to MKHawk who just whomped the rest of us!

This was tough draft to predict but MK nailed 3 correct positions and one correct player and even guessed right on a trade.
    Last edited by jammer; 05-07-2013 at 10:25 PM.

BHF had 30 pts
    Right player, wrong slot w/Jesse Williams
    Right position, right slot w/WR @ 4.123

I would be interested to see Silver's take on my score. I had assumed I'd get right player, right slot credit for Michael since I predicted we'd pick him with a pick we got from the trade down. Though I did say that trade down would be in the 3rd round and it was actually in the 2nd.

Even on the technicality you would still have 37 points, which would at least allow me to say that I was in shouting distance of the win.
    "I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference."

Ooops, you are right about BHF, he was second with 30 points, I missed his initial choice as far as the player chosen. I will now correct my earlier post. MK you got RB-Michael right and almost nailed the correct player + correct round as you had correct player + correct draft position, but you chose Michael in the wrong round so you didn't get the extra 15 points but I must say you did pretty well otherwise. Maybe officially you could get the points awarded by Silver but technically you shouldn't although you won by a good margin. In short it makes no difference to the outcome, i.e.: whether you won or not with either 52 or 67 points.
    Last edited by jammer; 05-07-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammer View Post
    Ooops, you are right about BHF, he was second with 30 points, I missed his initial choice as far as the player chosen. I will now correct my earlier post. MK you got RB-Michael right and almost nailed the correct player + correct round as you had correct player + correct draft position, but you chose Michael in the wrong round so you didn't get the extra 15 points but I must say you did pretty well otherwise. Maybe officially you could get the points awarded by Silver but technically you shouldn't although you won by a good margin. In short it makes no difference to the outcome, i.e.: whether you won or not with either 52 or 67 points.
    Oh I'm not looking to pad my total (though it would be nice to stay further away from BHF), it's a question I sort of ran into trying to score one of the previous year's contests last year so it's more a philosophical question than anything.

I noticed that and observed above you got the initial 3 picks right as far as position which was impressive. Good job!

I was just about to post something on here apologizing for not having the scores tallied yet. I've had difficultly posting over the past month (mental issue, not a technical one), and was going to finally work on it this week. I guess I don't need to now. Thanks for taking the reigns on that jammer.

I actually might tally something and post it anyway, just for my own sake of mind.

No worries, I hope you took no offense as none was intended. I just happened to have time to look at it back then and once I thought I knew what had happened I posted only to be corrected.

No offense taken. I should have tallied the results over a month ago, so I don't have a problem with somebody else taking the initiative.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123