Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I'll be honest with you I've been trying to put together my Steelers mock that I'll be posting in the Steelers forum a day or so before the draft and the Steelers trading up to get head of New Orleans to draft Jarvis Jones is one of the moves I've thought about them making. I'm not saying it's the right move by them, but if they want Jones badly enough and don't think he'll make it to 17 and also they don't like anyone else at that spot they might think trading up to get the player they want i the right move.

What I mean is if Jones is high on there draft board and they don't believe Jones is making it to 17 and they don't care for any other the other players around that spot and they can't trade down then maybe they just make sure to get the player they really want. Again I'm not saying this is the case, but if they do want him badly enough then I could see them doing it is all I'm saying.

I'll also say this since I've been deciding on my final Steelers mock I've been leaning less and less on the Steelers moving up and more and more on them moving down with one of several teams like Atlanta, Minnesota, SF, Houston, or maybe one of the teams in the early 2nd Rd who wants to make sure to get the QB they want like Buffalo, the Jets, Philly, Jacksonville, or Arizona. Dropping back to the early 2nd seems like a long drop, but most people believe this draft is stacked in the 2nd through 4th rounds. Also with us up against the cap not paying a 1st rounder helps the money situation.

If it was me I love Jones and I'm hoping we draft him, but don't want to move up to do so.
    I also had Pitt trading down in round two so you got a 3rd rounder back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    Werner at #5 seems incredibly unlikely. And there's absolutely no way Austin lasts nearly that long.

Where are your surprise picks? We see year after year it doesn't work out that way. If you're gonna be wrong being safe, you might as well be wrong swinging IMO. I guess Werner and Austin would be both surprise me if they went in those spots, but they don't really fit the bill of the annual surprises we see. Good effort for the rounds, though.
    Exactly, those are two right there. Werner is a classic 4-3 DE and he can rush the passer. I can see him go over Ansah who some think is closer to 30 yrs old...lol. Just look at the reaction you gave me to Austin. Ive seen him going top 10 which i dont think comes close to happening. He is getting a ton of hype and as ive said before, never in history has a WR his size gone in the first round so im actually bucking the system doing that at #31 so yes i think this coud be the year it happens but certainly not in the top 15 do i see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    As for Detroit, love the guys we get. Great value. I don't want us to take 2 OL in this draft at all, but if we did, those are the exact 2 I would want it to be. My favorite OL prospects in the draft in terms of fit and value. Both can be a LT IMO.

Love getting Q.Smith. Great scheme fit. I'll wait for him to heal. It'd definitely be Ansah over Werner though, that's my major problem.
    Well here is my thought. I almost didnt do it but...i keep reading that Reiff is a RT and possible OG. So i gave you Armstead for LT and Pugh has short arms so im thinking RT for sure or a OG as well. Maybe he can fill in at LT if needed but either way Pugh or Reiff gives you either or and imo your OL is golden for years to come. Im almost jealous being a Charger fan with a bad OL. I could of made it so Armstead falls to us but i am trying to be fair.

And in regards to PhiKappaPsi.... Buffalo and not getting them a WR....you have a good point but Nix said he wants to upgrade the TE possition so i couldnt pass that up there.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-21-2013 at 10:11 PM.

That may be so, but you don't draft a QB at 8 overall (clearly intending to start him) then leave him with only 1 WR that's played any meaningful snaps in the league) and zero young talent... If they draft a QB high, you can guarantee they'll draft a WR in the first 3 rounds to help him
    Greed is a term created by the apathetic and lazy, used to villainize the ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Well thats news to me. He isnt a top 10 player IMO.
    He is in this draft class. And if Richardson does happen to fall that far, and Green Bay doesn't make a move to get him (the Rams @ 22 would be perfect), I'll be extremely disappointed.

Still not really digging the Watson pick for the Packers. They need serious help with the front seven and it's not addressed at all here.
    Last edited by Stephen; 04-21-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    Agreed here. I think Werner goes late 1st, Denver maybe.
    My super secret hope is that Warner lasts long enough for the Lions to get him in the 2nd or trade back up into the first after taking Joekel or Fisher in the 1st.
    A Drinking Team with a Cycling Problem

I'd be cool with that.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Jets trade #39 to Baltimore for #32, & #106
    OK, I took a look at this, went "Buh?," then I read the thread and saw that it was actually #39 and #106 for #32. That made more sense.

Now, on to my team.
    4. Philadelphia - Lane Johnson, OT / Oklahoma
    35. Philadelphia - EJ Manuel,QB/ Florida st
    67. Philiadelphia - Dwayne Gratz, CB/ UConn
    101. Philadelphia - Marcus Wheaton, WR/ Oregon st
    136. Philadelphia - Gerald Hodges, OLB/ Penn st

You're killing me, Smalls, you know that? Five picks, and three of them I'd rather see the guy who went 1-3 picks before we come up. Lane Johnson I can accept, but I'll be pissed if someone leapfrogs us to take Fisher. (Wouldn't be so mad if he went to the team already slotted there, that's the breaks of the game.) EJ Manuel, eh, I'll live with that, though I'd probably prefer Matt Elam if the draft shakes out like this. Then we get Dwayne Gratz when Darius Slay was there just a couple picks earlier (and if for whatever reason we don't go OT, Kyle Long comes off the board one pick before this, which would have pissed me off if we took Jordan/Star/Milliner at 4). THEN Da'Rick Rogers goes three picks before we take a WR in the 4th. Argh. By the 5th round, I know too little about the prospects, so I'm not fussed at that point. OLB's a fair position to take, so we'll go with that. I wouldn't be shocked if the pick there was Kenjon Barner, though.

Still a fine mock, but a mite frustrating to see that keep happening to the Eagles.

Meh, for Denver. I think you're hoping we might actually follow this draft, given your particular bias. ;)
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Meh, for Denver. I think you're hoping we might actually follow this draft, given your particular bias. ;)
    Not really. I still think Moore is a good player for you and gave you a better CB and a more dynamic WR who is a bit of a steal there. I try to be very fair whether or not some dont like it. I can see the Packer fans gripe though. He is right, but i didnt see big issues on the front 7 he claimed and saw a OL that sacked Rodgers too much.

Hec over the years ive given the Raiders good picks but Al Davis never listened to me and always kept drafting the guys who ran the fastest and drafted a QB #1 that i thought was a 2nd round talent,
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-22-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Why would Denver take an OLB, when we currently have Miller, Woodyard, and Trevathan?
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I can see the Packer fans gripe though. He is right, but i didnt see big issues on the front 7 he claimed and saw a OL that sacked Rodgers too much.
    Rodgers being sacked as often is he is IMO is a perfect storm of substandard personnel along the OL (notably at LT & C), defenses not having to respect the ground game (or lack thereof) and Rodgers recent penchant for holding onto the ball too long. Watson might wind up being a great player. I just don't feel particularly comfortable asking a guy who's only played two years of football to protect the blind side of the franchise.

As for the front seven, Mike Neal is suspended for the first four games, which means by game five he'll be hurt again. Jerel Worthy tore his ACL back in December and probably isn't going to play this year. Ryan Pickett is entering the last year of his contract and he's 33 years old.

I'm sure getting Desmond Bishop and DJ Smith back from injury will go along ways in answering the questions at inside linebacker. There's nothing at the outside linebacker spots outside Matthews and Perry (and I'm not entirely sure what we have with him yet).

It is always interesting to see what people outside the fanbase perceive your weak links to be. Makes you take a second look at things. Always appreciate the input, and thanks for going five rounds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12