Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It will be interesting to see years down about who was right about "their" guy at QB in this draft class. It seems pretty scattered across the board about who they have as their #1 QB -- Anywhere from Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, E.J Manuel, Ryan Nassib and probably other guys with different opinions.

I'm staying put on my stance as Nassib as my #1 guy. Same stuff I've been sayin: first and foremost this kid is extremely smart with high football IQ, he just understands the game. He can read what the defense is trying to do when he's up at the line, makes good audibles, look off defenders and throw a dart -- he had full control of that offense. He was inconsistent but he had no supporting cast, poor o-line and limited weapons. He has a huge arm and fit the ball into tight windows, great anticipation throws, throws his WR open -- when he's on he is studly. He has good athleticism and moves around the pocket extremely good, ducks under defenders while keeping his eyes down the field, he can also run for yards if need be. Tough tough kid who will hang in the pocket and take a shot while delivering a pass. He needs to work on his deep ball accuracy but the issue isn't his arm, it's just due to lack of experience here -- that type of offense wasn't going deep often. He is an extremely coachable kid with a big time work ethic and great character, and he's a Philly kid!

Not sure where Swat got the impression he's arrogant either -- seems like a very humble kid with a good head on his shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Birds4life81 View Post
    It will be interesting to see years down about who was right about "their" guy at QB in this draft class. It seems pretty scattered across the board about who they have as their #1 QB -- Anywhere from Geno Smith, Tyler Bray, E.J Manuel, Ryan Nassib and probably other guys with different opinions.

I'm staying put on my stance as Nassib as my #1 guy. Same stuff I've been sayin: first and foremost this kid is extremely smart with high football IQ, he just understands the game. He can read what the defense is trying to do when he's up at the line, makes good audibles, look off defenders and throw a dart -- he had full control of that offense. He was inconsistent but he had no supporting cast, poor o-line and limited weapons. He has a huge arm and fit the ball into tight windows, great anticipation throws, throws his WR open -- when he's on he is studly. He has good athleticism and moves around the pocket extremely good, ducks under defenders while keeping his eyes down the field, he can also run for yards if need be. Tough tough kid who will hang in the pocket and take a shot while delivering a pass. He needs to work on his deep ball accuracy but the issue isn't his arm, it's just due to lack of experience here -- that type of offense wasn't going deep often. He is an extremely coachable kid with a big time work ethic and great character, and he's a Philly kid!

Not sure where Swat got the impression he's arrogant either -- seems like a very humble kid with a good head on his shoulders
    He was on WIP a few months ago and the kid was fired up about the possibility that the Eagles could draft him. HE sounded like a very energetic, eager kid that just loves Eagles football. Now Matt Barkley on the other hand, sounded like a cocky pr!ck! LOL.

NFL teams are about as far apart on NAssib as the fans are....or more.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8370/ryan-nassib

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live that opinions of Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib are "all across the board" among teams, and one club even gave Nassib an undrafted free agent grade.
    "Some teams say they have him rated as the top quarterback on the board," Schefter stated. "I've heard other teams say they have him as nothing more than a fourth-round pick. I even had one team tell me that their coaches didn't consider him draftable, and they're not putting him on their board and they're not studying him." Fans would be astounded at differing opinions on prospects among teams. As the saying goes, "all it takes is one" to fall in love with Nassib and make him a first-round pick, which almost surely will happen.

I dont like him and Im glad it seems we are not gonna take him.
    Last edited by swat; 04-23-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Its pretty interesting too that I said months ago that Geno would fall on draft day to about the 20s (had the Texans taking him) . Now most everyone is saying it.

I think all that BS that he was good on the board and had a great work ethic was just that ...BS. As I suspected all along.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12