Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by FFL_Recruiter View Post
    I'm curious about your compare/contrast comparison to Randy Moss coming out of college, as you are so big on him and a lot of teams avoided him early on?? Even later on, he was known to 'take plays off'.. run over meter maids.. and threaten to take out his johnson and wave it around, because he can afford the fine. Just saying..
    Randy Moss was a future HOF from my perspective before that draft...Easily the best WR prospect Ive ever seen coming out of college.. Did you see him in college? He dominated and was 6'5 and ran a 4.3 or better. Great leaping ability as well. A TD machine. Never seen anything like him. Probably my favorite prospect of all time. Rogers is not even close to that level. Sure he has some potential but he doesnt have the size, speed or production that Moss had. Look at Randys year at MArshall. Its unreal. http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...dy-moss-1.html. Then all you had to do was watch him. Back then I watched a ton of college ball and the guy was an obvious superstar in waiting.

Thats the thing. Rogers isnt even my top rated WR on the field. There is a handful of WRs I think are better.

Jenkins, IMO was the best CB in last years draft or at least tied w/ Claiborne. I saw him as a cant miss pro bowl prospect.
    Last edited by swat; 04-21-2013 at 03:23 PM.

"We didn't have an issue with Da'Rick off the field," Tennessee Tech coach Watson Brown said. "We thought he was a very good team guy. ... He never was selfish, never once during the season came up to me (and said), 'Throw me the ball more.' None of that stuff."

To me it sounds like a guy who "now" gets it ... made his mistakes and has gotten past them.

"He's changed," former Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray said. "He's not the same teenager we were back (at the start of) college. ... We understand business is business. It's time to shut up and just do work."

It seems to me that teams like Tennessee Tech and North Alabama are teams that are constantly landing grounds for players that are suspended from the SEC. Having such talented players affects their success level and thus I think it is in their best interest to be as supportive of those players as possible even if that means misrepresenting whether the player has "changed" or not to teams and the media.

You would think that Bray's comments wouldn't reflect the same bias level but consider that Bray has character concerns himself.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    Randy Moss was a future HOF from my perspective before that draft...Easily the best WR prospect Ive ever seen coming out of college.. Did you see him in college? He dominated and was 6'5 and ran a 4.3 or better. Never seen anything like him. Probably my favorite prospect of all time. Rogers is not even close to that level. Sure he has some potential but his game isnt without flaws.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...Da-Rick-Rogers

Rogers is a freakish athlete ... almost a 40" vert, broad jumps 11 feet.

"Overall, Da’Rick Rogers finished with a fantastic day. He ran a 4.52, which is fine for his size, and he finished in the Top 5 in the 3-cone, 20-yard shuttle, 60-yard shuttle, vertical jump and broad jump. At 6-foot-2, 217 pounds, that’s a fantastic athlete"

I know some of you guys like him (I dont want him at all) and thats cool. We wont all agree on every prospect.

He's a 1st/2nd round talent with an undrafted head. 4th round value.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...Da-Rick-Rogers

Rogers is a freakish athlete ... almost a 40" vert, broad jumps 11 feet.

"Overall, Da’Rick Rogers finished with a fantastic day. He ran a 4.52, which is fine for his size, and he finished in the Top 5 in the 3-cone, 20-yard shuttle, 60-yard shuttle, vertical jump and broad jump. At 6-foot-2, 217 pounds, that’s a fantastic athlete"
    Sure...but Ive seen plenty of WRs like that. Only guy I could compare to Moss is Megatron and he didnt have the stats Moss had in college. They were good but not insane.

Da'rick Rogers had 1 insane game vs Southeast Missouri State (18-303-2). Against all the other crap competition he had only
    40 catches
    515 yards
    7 tds

His only game vs good competition? Oregon. 3-38-1

9 total tds on the year. 5 in 2 games. 4 in the other 10 games. Very inconsistent player on the field vs piss poor competition.

Not dominating by any stretch of the imagination. If he was that good, he would have dominated.

Again, we wont all agree on every prospect. Personally, I dont want any parts of him.
    Last edited by swat; 04-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Sure...but Ive seen plenty of WRs like that. Only guy I could compare to Moss is Megatron and he didnt have the stats Moss had in college. They were good but not insane.

Da'rick Rogers had 1 great game vs Southeast Missouri State. Against all the other crap competition he had only
    40 catches
    515 yards
    7 tds

Not dominating by any stretch of the imagination.

Again, we wont all agree on every prospect. Personally, I dont want any parts of him.
    I'm not comparing him to Moss ... I think his skill set is similar to TO. I don't worry about stats ... who was throwing him the ball? how good was their OL? did they run a lot? I base his potential more on his play while at Tennessee which was pretty impressive.

The guy is not even in Mike Mayocks top 100?

Personally, I think he is a 4th rounder. At that point, he is probably worth the risk but it still may be a wasted pick and there are some pretty good players that will be available there. I probably wouldnt even take him then.

Really got to be careful as a 1st year head coach, especially coming from college that you bring in guys who are definitely going to buy in and not cause dissension. After a year or two of success..you can then take a chance or two. HE has not done it in Free Agency and I seriously doubt he drafts character issue guys this year. Unless he knows them from Oregon.
    Last edited by swat; 04-21-2013 at 04:07 PM.

If we were talking about Rd 1 I could see not taking the chance, but in the late 2nd or early 3rd his potential outweighs the risk imo. If not for the character concerns we're talking about a clear 1st rounder. For all the talk about Cordarelle Patterson, Da'Rick is a better receiver and actually put up better Combine #'s. It all comes down to the interviews as he's passed all the drug tests and was nothing other than a good team mate according to his coach this past season. None of us know Chip Kelly's tendancies, so what he thinks about Da'Rick is anyone's guess.

The guy is not even in Mike Mayocks top 100?
    Mayock changes his mind on players on a daily basis ... I love the guy, but flip flops like crazy.

All of these "Guru's" do this. Maybe to keep people watching everyday. We change our minds too, except me. :) Just kidding! Occasionally go back to the thread at the top of the Eagles forum, dating back to last summer, and see how things have progressed/changed since then. Thank God that this is a fun thing for us, and we don't do this for a living - we'd starve!

Guys like Mayock change their minds because they keep watching tons and tons of film all the time....I originally thought Ryan Nassib was gonna be a late 2nd or 3rd rd pick, but after watching more game film on him the last week I think he is a top 15 pick...reason being, his team around him wasn't all that good, but he carried them to victories. He has a ton of Moxy and Poise. HE has everything you look for in an Elite QB except touch, he rips everything. That said, if you look at his deficiencies they are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. A good QB coach could make him pretty damn good.

They all copy one another. Rarely is a guy way different. Their rankings from right after the the season are different then they all end up just about the same place.

...kinda like posters here lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123