Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    I think that's too high for minter, and I'd be real surprised if Milliner falls to 9. If he gets by detroit at 5, someone is gonna trade up and get him.
    This is a pass rushers / offensive linemen draft. GMs have realized that you have to put together a decent pass rush for solid corners to be affective.

Seattle and the Jets might disagree.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I think if Cooper's there at 18 the Cowboys take him.

I agree guards fall but it's player meets need.

The safety will come later in the draft.

So Denver gets punished by picking at 30, even though they really draft at 28? Figures; you ARE a chefs fan.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

I doubt Arizona passes on Chance Warmack. I'm hearing they love him and will draft him at 7 unless Fisher or Joekel fall. I also don't see the Rams trading up to 7 for Tavon Austin, nor do I see 2 WRs in the top ten.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Genus49 View Post
    I like Cyprien for the 49ers but not with Datone Jones on the board. Depth at S is a lot better in those 2nd/3rd rounds than DE prospects for the 3-4
    Depends if he's there at 34. :)
    The stand your ground law is like bleach. It works miracles for whites but it'll ruin your colors.

I could see the first 3 picks going that way but if they do, I think the Eagles pick Fisher. Thats who I actually have the Chiefs taking at #1 overall. Chip Kelly wants to run uptempo and will most likely want to replenish our aging OL.

My top 2 for the Eagles are Jordan & Fisher.

Totally agree on the Jags taking Smith. Super high on Jordan for a few months now. My favorite player in the draft and I could definitely see Reid keeping Albert and doing this. I also think he will add a RB much higher than people think.

I really like Manuel and it seems you do as well but if someone is gonna trade up for him. I think it will be the Eagles. I got the Bills taking Nassib at #8.
    Last edited by swat; 04-15-2013 at 05:23 AM.

For me it's tough to like the rest of the draft after the 1st pick because IMO there's just no way the Chief's aren't drafting a LT. I have no idea which of the 3 LTs they'll take, and yes I do think Lane is in the mix, but it would be a big surprise if it was Lane and not Joeckel or Fisher.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    1. Cooper - Guards drop further than projected. Happens every year.
    Anyone doing a mock that has the two OG's in the top 10 are doing an unrealistic mock.

...but having a prospect like Cooper fall out of the first entirely is just as unrealistic.

Both guards will be gone by pick #25 especially with two teams like STL and MN both having bonus first rounders meaning that at least one of those picks will be BPA rather than a need based pick. And anyone ranking the prospects will have both those guards as the BPA by around pick #15. These are two really, really good OG prospects in a weak 1st round draft.

Two thoughts:

1. I'd be incredibly surprised if the Chiefs took Jordan @ 1
    2. While Eiffert is a decent player, the way you have the board falling I'd rather see the Packers draft one of Datone Jones/Arthur Brown/Jonathan Cyprien

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    I could see the first 3 picks going that way but if they do, I think the Eagles pick Fisher. Thats who I actually have the Chiefs taking at #1 overall. Chip Kelly wants to run uptempo and will most likely want to replenish our aging OL.

My top 2 for the Eagles are Jordan & Fisher.

Totally agree on the Jags taking Smith. Super high on Jordan for a few months now. My favorite player in the draft and I could definitely see Reid keeping Albert and doing this. I also think he will add a RB much higher than people think.

I really like Manuel and it seems you do as well but if someone is gonna trade up for him. I think it will be the Eagles. I got the Bills taking Nassib at #8.
    I would not be shocked at all to see something like Geno at 2, Manuel at 4, Nassib at 8.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I would not be shocked at all to see something like Geno at 2, Manuel at 4, Nassib at 8.
    If this happens Nas, I want you to think of your ole pal Q, giggling (yes i said ****ing giggling) as players who are actually good at football are passed on for guys like Manuel and Nassib.

Star becomes a very very real possibility @ 10 if Nassib and Manuel go 4 and 8.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

I wouldn't be surprised at all if 4 QBs are drafted in the 1st Rd with 3 being drafted in the top 15 picks and for you Q Star being there at pick 10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Q View Post
    If this happens Nas, I want you to think of your ole pal Q, giggling (yes i said ****ing giggling) as players who are actually good at football are passed on for guys like Manuel and Nassib.

Star becomes a very very real possibility @ 10 if Nassib and Manuel go 4 and 8.
    Yah, its a great situation for teams not looking for a QB in the 1st right now. I think this class is pretty underrated though and obviously QB trumps all. This is a better class than say, 2011 IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Dalton and a Kaepernick in this class somewhere(not exact clones, just making a point) as well as a Mallett. Geno might not be Cam, but he's closer to him than Blaine Gabbert as some people make him sound.

I think Manuel has some deficiencies, but he's also won a lot of games, produced in college, gone 4-0 in bowl games and has a very intriguing athletic skillset. Nassib is your Dalton in this class I suppose, though he could be Matt Ryan. He processes information at an NFL level and understands how to run an NFL offense. He doesn't have any major flaw that worries me either. He doesn't have perfect accuracy or elite arm talent, but either does Ryan. Hard work, character and football intelligence are more important for QBs than physical talent.

I think you're absolutely right. And personally I think the difference between a guy being a Ryan or a Dalton is razor thin.

I think this is a great post overall though, one that should be saved when we're talking about future QBs.

I'm just not sure on Manuel. he's pretty toolsy and Kap had a lot of questions coming out (poor accuracy most of his college career, some odd mechanics) but he made it work. A lot of times it will depend on the fit. Manuel probably has the highest chance of success playing in Philly. I like him a lot less in other places.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast