Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dasher's Final Mock w/ trades & comments

Oakland trades no.3 to Miami for no.12, no.42, and 2014 no.3
    Cleveland trades no.6 to San Diego for 1.11 and 3.14
    Arizona trades no.7 to St.Louis for no.16 and 2.14
    Tampa Bay trades no.13 pick for NYJ defensive back Darrelle Revis
    Indianapolis trades 24 for Buffaloís no.41 & 2014 2nd round pick.

1. KC - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon.

Journalists have said that itís Fisher. Players & Analysts say itís Jordan. 5 months ago, this wouldíve surprised me. Right now Iím happier than a father in a waiting room. Hali will likely play Elephant, Jordan on Strong, Houston on weak, Johnson on Mike.

2. JAX - Geno Smith, QB, WVu

Gus Bradley saw what change-of-culture Russell Wilson brought. The same will happen with Geno in Jacksonville. GMs are told to draft QBs earlier rather than later in their career. I think this is a risky move but safe for a team that needs to score points.

3. MIA - Luke Joeckel , T , Texas A&M

In the end, the Albert trade wonít happen. Fisher might have more upside but Joeckel knows Tannehill and has played against more pro style defenses / formations.

4. PHI - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida

Hard to say if Philadelphia moves out of this spot. Arizona could be a possibility if 1,2,3 end up this way. Floyd is a great hometown stories. Perhaps one of the greatest. Reminds me a bit of Sapp.

5. DET - Eric Fisher , T, Central Michigan

Where this draft lacks in high name QBs and mind-blowing WRs/RBs , it gains in great stories. Fisher gets to stay home and play in Detroit. Perhaps he is the missing piece of a championship caliber team.

6. SD - Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma

San Diego had to make this pick. I know their O-Line needs a ton of help but the drop off at Left Tackle after Johnson is pretty tall. My gut says Cleveland needs a ton of pieces and theyíll get 1 of 3 DB prospects at 11.

7. STL - Tayvon Austin, WR, West Virginia

When Fisher has the fastest men on the field, he usually wins. This is the make or break year for Bradford against a deadly division. Heíll enjoy this pick.
    8. BUF - Cordelle Patterson , WR, Tenn

Probably not on a lot of drafts. But I donít see a certain Buffalo owner taking out his credit card to pay for a draft party (which could be his last ) that results in a Guard. See later end.

9. NYJ - Dee Milliner , DB , Alabama

Jets lose Revis but gain Milliner. Also gain a later pick to get better on defense.

10. TEN - Ezekial Ansah, DE, BYU

Ansah and Sheldon Richardson come off as top 10 picks. Only one makes it here. Iím not sure if Wimbley will ever do better than 6 sacks. Ansah might need a year to progress. This is the right spot for a future freak to land.

11. CLE - Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida St

Cleveland gains an extra pick and still gets a terrific corner at 11. Rhodes is a tad bit better against taller targets. Especially those lining up on the right side in quick throw situations.

12. OAK - Star Lotulelei , DT , Utah

A solid move by Reggie McKenzie. He gets a player that was on his radar at 3 and gets an extra 2nd round pick. Star is a mammoth anchor that has Raider written all over him.

13. NYJ - Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia

Mingo is a developmental prospect, Jones is risky but wonít take too long to make an impact in the Jets 3-4. Jets get 2 potential Superstars before weíre half-way through this draft.

14. CAR - Sheldon Richardson , DT, Mizzou

Iím not sure Richardson stays here. Richardson is a top 10 talent. But Carolina gets him at 14 because of the WR, DB love. Nice pick up for Ron Rivera.

15. NO - DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama

The free agent market for tackle isnít that great. Fluker is an upgrade over the options at LT. Could go to right if they find a better replacement next year.

16. AZ - Melenik Watson , OT , Florida St

I almost put Kyle Long here. But Watson is a heck of an athletic prodigy and perhaps the safer choice.

17. PIT - Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU

Iíve seen Mingo go as high as no.2 on some mocks, but Pittsburgh seems like a logical place. Same fears I have for Mingo are the ones I had for Ayers. He needs to be in the right scheme to make it. Pittsburgh knows how to develop superstars.

18. DAL - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

Itís between guard and safety. I went with the local kid who is a beast.

19. NYG - Chance Warmack , G, Alabama

Some say Warmack is the best player in the draft. Giants get a Giant who could play the position for 10 years.

20. CHI - Kyle Long , T, Oregon

I think Brian comes back and peace is made. Long is drafted a bit higher than some fans want, but heís a day-in-and-out Left Tackle. The one thing Bears fans have wanted for over a decade.

21. CIN - Bjoern Werner , DE, Florida St

Werner falls down here. Ends up playing for a defensive legend on a team with a ton of upside.

22. STL - Matt Elam, S, Florida

Elam moves into a secondary that has to be one of the best in 2013.

23. MIN - Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

I donít think itíll be Teío. Minter is as impressive on tape and is better in coverage.

24. BUF - EJ Manuel , QB, FSU

I think Buffalo starts making phone calls to get Manuel (not Nassib). Manuel feels like a Russel Wilson type of story where people see him as a back up but his determination gets him into the starting line up on week 1.

25. MIN - Justin Hunter, WR, Tenn

Hunter is 6í4 and can fly. Great vertical. Crossing him with Rudolph is what Ponder will want.

26. Green Bay - Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame

I could see GB and Atlanta starting a bidding war and moving up for this guy. Notre Dame has had a great splash of tight ends over the past few years. The latest great is Pro Bowl MVP Kyle Rudolph. Eiffert is more of a tall WR than bulky TE, but will look excellent in the Green Bay spread.

27. Houston Texans - DeAndre Hopkins, WR , Clemson

DaíRick Rodgers was another option. Houston could surprise us here and go BPA (Trufant?) but Iíll stick with the experts that love Hopkins in a Texans uniform.

28. Atlanta Falcons - Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington

I donít think Eiffert is a high priority. The Falcons gutted multiple starters to re-sign others. Defensive Tackle and Corner are still a possibility.

29. New England Patriots - Margus Hunt, DE, SMU

I feel like this is a Belichick move. Hunt has the athletic size and ability to wrap around the QBís blind spot.

30. Denver Broncos - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St
    Denver needs a space eater. Hankins fits that bill.

31. San Francisco 49ers - Jon Cyprien, S, Florida Int

Cyprien is nasty and angry. Could end up being a Pro Bowler in this defense.

32. Baltimore Ravens - Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

The Ray Lewis-less era begins with a talented but somewhat immature linebacker being drafted by Ozzie Newesome.

Goodnight everyone.

I don't see the Bears taking Kyle Long by any means. They have Bushrod signed to a long term deal, and they have 3 guys who have all previously started at RT competing for the RT job, with the losers getting the next chance to try for RG. RG and C is a much higher need than LT at this point.

With Tillman and Jennings both on their last year, and DJ Williams and Anderson signed to 1 year contracts, The bears will be desperate to have at least 2 replacements in place for CB and LB.

Heck, even TE is a much greater possibility than LT, since Eiffert projects better than Bennett in big plays.

The other possibilities for the Bears are WR (probably the next best possibility), DT (the dark horse 1st round pick), and S if Cyprien or Vaccarro projects highly on Emery's board.
    Odd Facts:

The human brain is incapable of producing a face. Any face you see when you dream is one that you have physically viewed at some point in your life.

The Australian aborigine language has over 30 words for ďdust.Ē

Nearly three percent of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.

When you see little white or clear dots floating in your vision, they are actually your own white blood cells.

What did Denver get from moving down from 28 to 30? :)

Good trades and good Detroit pick. I really think Miami is going to make a move like that for a LT and nobody needs to move down like the Raiders do.
    "Governing doesnít disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life ó like HMOís, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I don't see how you think drafting a guy like Hunt in the first is a Belichick move. That's about as completely the opposite of a Belichick move as I could possibly imagine.

If the draft fell the way you have it, I'd bet my mortgage Cooper would be the pick.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

He seems like a fit in a Belichick defense(he likes big guys with that kind of athelticism and versatility), but he tends to value production at big colleges. I wouldn't bet my mortgage on Belichick doing anything on draft day though haha.

I don't get no Cooper in the 1st and I can't get behind Jordan at #1 personally.
    "Governing doesnít disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life ó like HMOís, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    He seems like a fit in a Belichick defense(he likes big guys with that kind of athelticism and versatility), but he tends to value production at big colleges. I wouldn't bet my mortgage on Belichick doing anything on draft day though haha.

I don't get no Cooper in the 1st and I can't get behind Jordan at #1 personally.
    1. Cooper - Guards drop further than projected. Happens every year.

2. Did you see Hunt's final few games. He was great.

Well i cant fault the trade up. It does help a big hole and i had us trading for Saffold and giving up a pick so if we only give up a 3rd to trade up, id be ok with that i guess. Though i liked mine better ,lol.

I still say no way will Tavon Auston go as high as draft sites say he will. No way i say he goes top 10. Late first at best imo. Tiny WR's just dont get picked that high.

Im not getting all the love for Justin Hunter in the first round or Margus Hunt. I think the Saints are going to be very disapointed if they picked Fluker to be their LT. Thats going to be a fail.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-12-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasher View Post
    1. Cooper - Guards drop further than projected. Happens every year.

2. Did you see Hunt's final few games. He was great.
    I agree, but thats too extreme if you ask me.

No disagreement on Hunt. Didn't say I didn't like him. Just thought the term "a Belichick move" was way off. He doesn't tend to gamble that much in the 1st round. PLus they tend to play 4-3 now, so not sure he's a great fit given their current personnel. Datone Jones I could see.

I like Cyprien for the 49ers but not with Datone Jones on the board. Depth at S is a lot better in those 2nd/3rd rounds than DE prospects for the 3-4
    Draft well and then coach em up!

Find the next Ronnie Lott & Justin Smith & Jerry Rice & Deion Sanders

NE

pass on hunt, he shouldnt even be in the first

watson, long, and manuel are way too high.. none of them are 1st rounders imo..

Like SS said, did we pick up something in the trade down from 28 to 30?

And passing on Ogletree with a hole at MLB is more than a travesty.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Trading down makes sense, but I'd hate to see see Millner and Ansah go 9-10 after doing so. In that scenario, I think they need to drop down a bit further and get a 2nd instead of a 3rd, or just stay put. I like that trade a bit better if Millner is gone @6, but not really sold on Rhodes at 11 either way.

I think that's too high for minter, and I'd be real surprised if Milliner falls to 9. If he gets by detroit at 5, someone is gonna trade up and get him.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by Xulu Bak View Post
    Trading down makes sense, but I'd hate to see see Millner and Ansah go 9-10 after doing so. In that scenario, I think they need to drop down a bit further and get a 2nd instead of a 3rd, or just stay put. I like that trade a bit better if Millner is gone @6, but not really sold on Rhodes at 11 either way.
    I almost went Richardson there. There drop off from Milliner to Rhodes to Trufant has tightened since the Senior Bowl. Based on scheme, each one could be the best at their position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast