Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foles

Does it really matter? Chip Kelly is going to find the best players and put them in position to be successful. Like he said, "I am an equal opportunity scorer"!

It will be nice to see an uptempo offense that tries to take advantage of a defenses weaknesses. I don't care what system you run in the NFL you have to be able to adapt to what a defense is doing. I like Foles but if someone is better I will like them too.

I don't care if we get Geno at #4 or if Vick wins the job. I just want to see a team that has some fire in and can win a football game!!!!

Foles isn't the best QB on the team right now. I just think he has the most potential.

Vick had to take a massive pay cut to even return. All this is Chip covering his own azz until he finds someone better. Harbaugh did the same thing out in SF. Carroll out in Seattle. Teams are doing it this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnut View Post
    So do big ones. Culpepper was a big running QB that lasted a blink. Manuel isn't nearly as good as Culpepper.
    Thats your opinion. I think they are very similar actually in terms passing/running/mechanics. I also think he has some Big Ben in him. Yeah, they still get hurt...its the NFL but its less likely. One thing about Manuel. I think he is much smarter and has a much better work ethic than Culpepper. Plus he has bigger hands. Doesnt hurt.

Problem with Culpepper was work ethic imo (remember issues with Brad Childress?)...he never wanted to put in the work to come back from that injury.
    Last edited by swat; 04-11-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    What a crock...some of you damn clowns thought you were smarter than Reid. I never pretend to know more than a fking head coach like you & some of the others here. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Im not always right but Im very confident in everything I posted above. You dont have to be in their meetings to have a good idea of what he will want to do. You also dont have to be in meetings to see why & how the Read O will stay successful. Do some research on all of these subjects and you'll sing a different tune. Unless you are just too illiterate or dumb to understand the concepts. As for the "experts" comment...Who exactly am I saying Im smarter than? Really...all Im saying is what I think and its because of actual research on the subjects that I have these opinions.

Do some research on the subjects and then get back to me. Obviously some of you havent if you think Im way off base.

Honestly...given your posts historically...I dont think you know much at all about the Read option, Colin K., EJ Manuel or Chip Kelly. Prove me wrong with some real analysis. Not just vague statements about this guys is good or not or talking about swallowing nut. Which may be the only thing you have actually done research on.
    No one thought they were smarter than Reid. People did see though that having one timeout in the 4th qtr of alot of games meant poor time management. Most people also saw his drafting was pretty piss poor. Most people also understood that if you dont have the most accurate QB you dont throw it 50 times a game. I dont know call me crazy. I didnt make this stuff up its facts and they were deficiencies on Reids end. People saw that and called him on things...

What research should we use for the Read O? Is there years of NFL footage that we can go back and gaze upon? Ummm No. College football does not = NFL football. The Wildcat looked fabulous too for a season or two. The Read O will be flying out the window in a year. If you think teams are gonna tie up 100 million dollars in a guy like Brady, Rodgers etc and let them be sitting ducks in the open field just waiting on injury you are out of your mind. If SF ties up CK to a huge longterm deal they are stupid. Same goes with RG3. What SF will do though is since CK isnt getting paid much they will trot him out onto the field and let him get smashed. If he blows out a knee its not as bad. Im sure Rg3 wont be running wild next year. The dude can throw the ball too. He will scramble but if Shanny designs a boat load of runs for him hes an idiot.

Hes some research for you pal...the ends dont justify the means when you take the MOST important player on the field and toss him to the dogs. It wont work in the NFL...the offense itself may...but once teams start seeing their most precious player start getting smashed and injured it will be gone with the wind.

Swat you have switched your mind every other week on most subjects in the past. Dont get it twisted because you got called out and wanna go name calling and stuff. Im not offended by that crap at all i think its funny. And speaking of nuts...do you split time 50/50 between EJ and Chip or do you give alittle more attention to one?

God I love this place.

Quote Originally Posted by stankfinger View Post
    No one thought they were smarter than Reid. People did see though that having one timeout in the 4th qtr of alot of games meant poor time management. Most people also saw his drafting was pretty piss poor. Most people also understood that if you dont have the most accurate QB you dont throw it 50 times a game. I dont know call me crazy. I didnt make this stuff up its facts and they were deficiencies on Reids end. People saw that and called him on things...

What research should we use for the Read O? Is there years of NFL footage that we can go back and gaze upon? Ummm No. College football does not = NFL football. The Wildcat looked fabulous too for a season or two. The Read O will be flying out the window in a year. If you think teams are gonna tie up 100 million dollars in a guy like Brady, Rodgers etc and let them be sitting ducks in the open field just waiting on injury you are out of your mind. If SF ties up CK to a huge longterm deal they are stupid. Same goes with RG3. What SF will do though is since CK isnt getting paid much they will trot him out onto the field and let him get smashed. If he blows out a knee its not as bad. Im sure Rg3 wont be running wild next year. The dude can throw the ball too. He will scramble but if Shanny designs a boat load of runs for him hes an idiot.

Hes some research for you pal...the ends dont justify the means when you take the MOST important player on the field and toss him to the dogs. It wont work in the NFL...the offense itself may...but once teams start seeing their most precious player start getting smashed and injured it will be gone with the wind.

Swat you have switched your mind every other week on most subjects in the past. Dont get it twisted because you got called out and wanna go name calling and stuff. Im not offended by that crap at all i think its funny. And speaking of nuts...do you split time 50/50 between EJ and Chip or do you give alittle more attention to one?
    Chip Kelly is the coach I wanted the most and it wasnt even close. I didnt just jump on the bandwagon like quite a few here after he was hired and so far so good.. I was mentioning EJ Manuel as a great fit when most of the so-called experts thought he would go in Rd. 4. Now he is considered a borderline 1st rounder. Same with Dion Jordan, I dont even watch college ball and I recognized this guys talent when most experts including most everyone here didnt think he was elite. Now he is being talked about as the possible #1 overall pick.

Not to mention I said long ago before pretty much everyone else that adding all these pussies in the secondary was dumb. I was ripping Nate Allen from the day he was drafted. Non stop. Along with really only one other poster. I was also one of the few who didnt like the addition of DRC. Again, too soft. I also was one of the very few who said McChokejob would flop in Wash. Most, even his detractors here thought he would excel without Reid. That being said, I never thought of Mcnabb as poorly as some of his most notable detractors until 2007 on but when he fked up I called him out on it. Just as I gave him praise when he deserved it. I said from the beginning Kolb would flop in Zona. Terrible fit and he certainly never got better out there but he just was not a fit. Some of his backers here thought he would do well. I did not. How bout Shady? Most here didnt even want him in the draft. At least not as their #1 choice. THey wanted Moreno, B.Wells, D.Brown or S.Greene. lol. How did that turn out? I was all over Janoris Jenkins and Fletcher Cox last year. Most here didnt want either.

As for Reid, I acknowledged his faults but some were not nearly as bad as you and many of your friends alleged. I also wanted him gone before last year. Same with Vick. Not everyone did. Was definitely right about that as well.

Not sure where you get this crap that I change my opinion every other week on most subjects. I only change my opinion when the facts change. Something smart people do. So you obviously wouldnt know anything about that.
    Hey...Im wrong about players (James Hardy & J.Jarrett to name a few) just like everyone else but Im certainly ahead of the curve on many subjects as well.

YEah...there are players/coaches I really like. Disagree? No skin off my back. Honestly, Id be suprised if you did and Id have to rethink my position because I really dont think you know all that much. We'll see how the Read O works out but I still havent read anything from you that makes me think you know much at all about it. Or CK, EJ or Chip for that matter. Pretty obvious you are talking out of your azz but hey thats just what some people do.
    Last edited by swat; 04-12-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    God I love this place.
    Now you know how I felt in your forum for the past decade. Enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully we can pull an Alfred Morris and pluck a diamond in the rough at QB...

Quote Originally Posted by Davekn View Post
    God I love this place.
    Where else would you find out before hand that Mcnabb would absolutely stink in Washington & that RG3 would get hurt often?

My position on EJ Manuel is the same it's ever been regardless of how many experts put him in Rd 1 ... good arm and legs, but when he doesn't have a clean pocket he panics and struggles. The NFL is a totally different ball game than in college ... Manuel had a really nice OL and a really good supporting D. At the pro level he better be much quicker with his decision making because he will be getting pressured a heck of a lot more than he ever did in college. That being said, if he lands on a team like the Eagles it's best case scenario for him in a Chip style Offense.

One thing that IMO helps any QB in the Read Option is that to really defend it well, the DL has to play on the LOS. They can not just go after the QB once the ball is snapped. You do that and we will run for boat loads of yards against you.

He has the smarts, work ethic, size, arm and athletic ability to do really well imo. Especially in the Read O. The thing about him is that he has high ceiling, where as many of the other QBs dont. Id take the risk. If he fails, you go get another one. Picking him doesnt mean we are stuck with him as our starter for 3 years. That would only be the case if we drafted a QB at #4.

Take him late round 1 or early rd. 2 and let him sit and learn. If he is ready when Vick eventually gets hurt...he plays if not, Foles probably goes in. Two young QBs to groom probably isnt ideal but I dont see Foles in Philly past 2013 anyway. He is probably just here in case we dont add anyone else. Cant have Dixon as your only backup to Vick.
    Last edited by swat; 04-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Because i dont post long books on my opinions of players or coaches i like does not mean i dont know anything. I could care less whether any of the players here that most people post about really. Im not here like you to toot my own horn. I have my opinions and i say them. I am wrong on some and right on others. I have never once claimed to know more than anyone here or even stated that. To say Chip Kelly is gonna be great is not in my character. I hope for the best with him because i am an eagles fan but for a guy to make the college to NFL transition is not easy and MUCH better college coaches than CK have failed in the past, so right now im crossing my fingers with him and hoping he has enough sense to mix in the good things hes done in college with an NFL program.
    Ive sat and talked drafts and players with guys from this msg board in real life. Shared my opinions and such. I dont have to pound my chest and prove to you or anyone here how great of a talent evaluator i am. I say who i think is good and am happy if they pan out with us. Long before you sniffed this msg board i pimped guys in the draft and they turned out well for us. I just dont have much time anymore to sit around and post novels like you to try to feel like i am a msg board king. Sorry pal. I been telling you you were a flip flopper from when you first started posting here. Every other week McNabb was good...then bad....then Reid was king and then he had to go. Its cool man. I have also said that you havent done it as much lately. Its like you have OCD or some crap...chill kid.

And i stated why i dont like the Read Option. Its not that i dont think the offense totally sucks. Its hard enough to find one real good QB in this NFL and to leave him to the wolves is just dumb. It will catch up to you. While the concept seems like a doable one and can be productive it takes certain parts and talents to run well...having 2-3 QBs on the roster who are real good at it is gonna be damn near impossible. Do you understand my point yet? Or are you gonna continue to be a dumbarse

Feel the love...
    Chip is the man!

Lets just agree to disagree and move on!

No I think it would be much more entertaining if you continued to pat yourself on the back until your arm turns into Kobe's Achilles.

Quote Originally Posted by swat View Post
    ..... I dont even watch college ball and I recognized this guys talent ...
    WOW, for all the variously strong opinions you have about players during the draft, I figured you for one of the guys that watches college ball all the time! One of the reasons I don't make a lot of comments about various players during the draft, is because I don't watch college ball. I read various scouting reports, watch some highlight clips, etc - and I form opinions as well - but I would have NEVER imagined from your strong opinions and the way you put others down - that you don't actually watch college ball. Interesting.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234