QBs taken in first 17 picks?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...l-go-in-top-15

Gil Brandt has 3 QBs taken before the Steelers pick. The thinking is that if you can hit on a young QB, you are set up to win for a while due to having a cheap cost controlled QB. With the rookie wage scale, QBs no longer are as big a financial hit if you miss.

How this impacts the Steelers- 1. If 3 go before they pick at 17, that pushes 3 additional players down to their pick, or 2. If one of the top 3 QBs is left, they can start fielding offers from QB starved teams to move back into the 1st- say this years 2nd and next years 1st.....

Hopefully, two go, and we can sit there and offer up the pick for a trade down.
    I'm chomping at the bit for a trade down in this draft. Even one deferring a pick to next year. I want no part in the top end of this thing.
    The consistent factor of all of your dissatisfying relationships and failures is you.

R.W. 09.21.10 I love you.

Anything to help a premium guy fall. I think Star has a chance to fall down the board more than he should.

I absolutely hope some of these teams stupidly take a QB before us but this QB is one of the least impressive groups in years. Smith may be the only one in the group who could run in multiple systems, the rest will have to go to a specific group of teams and not sure how many will honestly have a chance of starting in their careers. There are alot of journeyman backups in this group or guys that will take 3-5 years to develop into average starters. I'd call this groups theme as "Inconsistent"

I could see maybe two going out of this group period in Rd one if someone is actually enamored at end of 1st round enough to move up from top of 2nd. 3 in top 16 is seriously unlikely since no way are Steelers taking a 1st rounder at 17.

Here's hoping they do but don't see it.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

I can't believe some folks really believe in the Glennon guy from NC State. I watched him maybe three times and didn't even think he was a good college QB.

I look at this differently if 2 or 3 QBs go before our pick I'm definitely not trading down because than there's 3 better players pushed back we weren't expecting. If anything I'd be more inclined to trade back if no QBs or just 1 QB if drafted in the 1st 16 picks because if that happens it's more likely we'll be reaching on a player. The way I see it if 3 QBs are drafting in the 1st 16 picks that means it's very likely Jarvis Jones falls into our lap.

Let's look at what positions are likely to go in the 1st 17 picks if 3 QBs go.

QBs - 3
    OTs - 3 - Joeckel, Fisher, Lane
    OG - 1 - Either Warmack, Cooper, or Flucker
    WRs - 2 - Patterson, Austin
    DTs - 3 - Lotulelei, Floyd, Richardson
    LBs - 4 - Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, Jones
    CBs - 2 - Milliner, Rhodes
    S - Vaccaro

So that's 19 possible players for 17 slots not including the surprises like maybe Eifert or if more then 1 OG is picked or Trufant or or Elam or Hunter that easily could go top 16. We all know the surprises that happen. There are going to be some very big surprises player wise of who's available with pick 17. With all those players it's really hard for me to envision Jarvis Jones not making it to our pick. However who knows maybe Lotulelei may also falls just far enough. If 3 QBs get drafted in the top 16, and I'd say it's definitely a possibility, then at least 3-4 of the guys I listed will be there at our pick.

Don't see three, two or one QB's going. Maybe Buffalo for one. The rest will wait until round two. It would be nice if the general managers were stupid e ough to select Geno etc. But no way. God I hope they're that dumb to draft three QB's before the 17.