View Poll Results: Who SHOULD the Jets pick

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barkevious Mingo

10 71.43%
  • Cordarelle Patterson/Tavon Austin(specify with post)

0 0%
  • Chance Warmack

2 14.29%
  • Star Lotulei

2 14.29%
  • Other - not trade down!

0 0%

Pick #9 -Who SHOULD the Jets pick

1. Chiefs - Joeckel
    2. Jags - Floyd
    3. Raiders - Geno
    4. Eagles - Fisher
    5. Lions - Milliner
    6. Browns - Ansah
    7. Cards - Johnson
    8. Bills - Dion Jordan
    9. Jets -
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

I went with Mingo.

The Jets need a pass rusher, badly. Mingo in Rex Ryan's system could be SICK.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Another AFC East team that likes to run the ball with terribad starting G's...Warmack is awfully tempting. And they really need someone that can make a play with the ball in their hands on offense pretty badly, as well. In the end, I think Q is right, though.
    "I will punch you." - Wounded Bear

Ya, I agree. I also went with Mingo. I don't think they can go wrong with any of these guys. Star might be the best value, but by far the least need. Patterson woudl be a better fit than Austin, as they seem to like Kerley in the slot and need a bigger outside guy a little more. They can probably wait on WR though. Holmes is back and Hill is a year older. They can get by.
    "Governing doesn’t disappear when government shrinks; instead corporations come to govern your life — like HMO’s, oil companies, drug companies, agribusiness, and so on, with accountability only to maximizing profit, not to public needs." - George Lakoff

7-1-1, time to call it.

TKO for Mingo.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

It is really unlikely that these QB-needy teams pass up Barkley. Ryan might not want another young QB, trying to save his job, but his new GM might not agree.

We see teams overdraft QBs every year because of the importance of the position and drafting an OG or underachieving LB should seal Ryan's fate.

You act like Ryan makes these picks. He doesn't.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoViking View Post
    It is really unlikely that these QB-needy teams pass up Barkley. Ryan might not want another young QB, trying to save his job, but his new GM might not agree.

We see teams overdraft QBs every year because of the importance of the position and drafting an OG or underachieving LB should seal Ryan's fate.
    Barkley very well could picked higher but this is what posters feel teams SHOULD do not necessarily what they will do.

No QB left in this draft is going to save Ryan's job this year.

He needs to either turn it over to Garrard or McElroy to give himself a chance.

- Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by hendersonsplow View Post
    Barkley very well could picked higher but this is what posters feel teams SHOULD do not necessarily what they will do.
    I would say that they SHOULD draft a QB because I think Barkley will be pretty good and Sanchez is done. I guess they'll probably be drafting even higher next year if Miami is any good.