Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbaker24 View Post
    I don't like trading away future draft picks. I understand the Manning argument, but there is never a guarantee that any team will make the Super Bowl, so you always have to plan to make the team better the following year. We could trade our whole draft next year for picks this year and it be a waste if we have a bunch of injuries. You never know what is going to happen. I don't think anyone thought that Elvis would be playing else where at this time next year or Carter having legal trouble. Who knows what other surprise might happen. If we are going to trade up use this year's picks, and not mortgage the future. Part of the reason I like trading down is this draft is so deep. Really like that we can trade down 10 or 15 spots and get about the same quality of player.

I understand this and as I said, it is a big risk. But I say go for it. Especially if there is someone who we feel can come in and start over what we already have. I don't want to make a deal just to make a deal. If there's nobody that we feel can fit that bill, than by all means, just stay put, or trade down if a nice offer comes in. But I would be willing to give up that first next year if we can get another starter out of it.
    As cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round, and if your bottle's empty help yourself to mine, thank you for your time and here's to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nflbronco View Post
    What if

28 for a 2nd this year and 14 #1

If my 2 guys are off the board, I'd do this in a heartbeat and I don't really care which team it's with.
    "When you allow unlawful acts to go unpunished, you're moving toward a government of men rather than a government of laws." John Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12