Thread: New Mock Trade

New Mock Trade

Well I know many of you are interested in trading down in the draft and I've seen a few people bring up SF in the team to talk with about trading up to pick 17. Well apparently we aren't the only one's thinking that way. I'm not sure you'll be able to see this mock because it's part pay site and I'm not sure what is and what isn't available to the masses. Anyway I'll post the link at the bottom.

Here's the trade:

SF trades Picks 31, 74, & 128 to Pittsburgh for Pick 17
    That's SFs 1st, Carolina's 3rd, & & SFs 4th for to move up 14 slots in the 1st round.

They than have SF selecting OG Jonathon Cooper

Here are the Steelers picks in the 1st 4 Rounds after the trade:

31 - Matt Elam (S)
    48 - Jaime Collins (OLB)
    74 - Giovani Bernard (RB)
    79 - John Jenkins (NT)
    115 - Dion Sims (TE)
    128 - Josh Boyce (WR)

Jones was still on the board when we made our pick at 31 and I have to say I'd be a little bummed by not taking him, but it kind of worked out better because we ended up with a decent OLB in the 2nd and wouldn't have found a Safety at that spot. other players besides Jones that were still available were Allen, Hunter and Minter. They were then all picked before our 2nd Rd pick when we took Collins. Other players available at our 2nd Rd pick were Franklin, Banks, Te'o, McDonald, & Woods.

In the 3rd Franklin went just prior to our Carolina pick when we took Bernard. I really have watched or seen a lot of North Carolina football. So I don't know much about Bernard, but Woods was still on the board and I think I would have drafted him over Bernard. Not a lot to say about our pick in the 3rd. It's a very good pick nd let's hope he falls to us there.

In the 4th round he has us taking TE Dion Sims who I don't know a lot about, but we need a TE so whatever. Although TJ McDonald was still available and I might have gone in that direction even after taking Elam earlier in the draft. RB Joe Randle was still available too, but we already drafted a RB. Although I think Randle in the late 4th might have been better value then Bernard in the early 3rd. With the SF pick we took WR Josh Boyce. One has to wonder what would have been the better way to go about it. Would it have been better to go the way they had us go with Bernard and Boyce or the other way where we end up with Woods & Randle?

Anyway what do you think about the trade? Would you go for that offer? or do you need more? What do you think about who he has us drafting at the spots he does? Would you have drafted differently with the players still available at those picks?

Here's the link. It's Rotowire.

http://www.rotowire.com/football/sho...e.htm?id=17300

Bonus rant - I get some of my fantasy info at the site. The fantasy baseball info is a little old in it's rankings and such and I really don't like that they don't continually adjust the rankings up until the season starts, but they do have decent articles and as a paying member you can get answers from the so called experts if you need help with any questions you my have. It's my 1st year using the site as a paying member and although it's alright I doubt I'll pay to use it again. I just expect info to be up to date if I'm paying for it. The fact I was using info they put out in early February in there player rankings kind of pissed me off.

So, SF(who have an elite OL, quite possibly the best in football, with depth) trades a bundle of picks to move up half a round to take...a guard?

Pretty much tuned out right there.

The way that mock went they'd have been far better served staying put and taking one of the Safeties. Goldson went FA and they replaced him with Craig friggin' Dahl. It's one of the few 'glaring' needs the team has.

If the Steelers could somehow land Gio Bernard in the third they should be prancing to the podium like a drag queen on open mic night at the local rainbow bar. That would be absolute theft. I don't know that he isn't better than any back taken ahead of him in this mock....actually, i'd probably say that he is. He does everything well.
    Last edited by ThinMan; 04-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

Quote Originally Posted by ThinMan View Post
    So, SF(who have an elite OL, quite possibly the best in football, with depth) trades a bundle of picks to move up half a round to take...a guard?

Pretty much tuned out right there.

The way that mock went they'd have been far better served staying put and taking one of the Safeties. Goldson went FA and they replaced him with Craig friggin' Dahl. It's one of the few 'glaring' needs the team has.

If the Steelers could somehow land Gio Bernard in the third they should be prancing to the podium like a drag queen on open mic night at the local rainbow bar. That would be absolute theft. I don't know that he isn't better than any back taken ahead of him in this mock....actually, i'd probably say that he is. He does everything well.
    They do have a bunch of picks and they can't possibly keep them all. So I definitely expect them to make some moves. Either to move up or for picks next season. I don't follow movement of players of the 49ers so I couldn't tell you want they need without doing a little research. Maybe one or both of there Guards are in the last year of there contact? I really don't know, but if they come with that offer I'd say we' have to take it. At the very least even if we miss out on Jones, Hunter, Allen, or Cyprien we are just about guaranteed to end up with either Elam or Reid at pick 31 and I don't see that big difference from either of them at 31 and whoever we would have gotten at 17.

I'll say this if they aren't calling us I'd be calling them non-stop trying to get some kind of deal done to move back to 31 and pick up another pick or 2 and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves Jarvis Jones and believes he'd be the next in a long line of great Steeler LBs.

SF is a logical trading partner but I agree that OG is not a real position of need for them. I could see them moving up for a DB or WR and though moving back to 31 is a LOOONG way back if we could get a bunch of extra picks I'd support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I don't follow movement of players of the 49ers so I couldn't tell you want they need without doing a little research. Maybe one or both of there Guards are in the last year of there contact?
    I'd already done the research. None of their top 3 guards go FA until 2015 at the earliest(Iupati). OG just doesn't make sense in a trade up scenario.

but if they come with that offer I'd say we' have to take it.
    They would absolutely have to consider taking it, because it would an overpay by the Niners if offered. The Niners are pretty well run though, so they aren't likely to overpay. That was my point.

If they were inclined to overpay to move up to the 17 then someone DAMN good must have fallen. At that point, the Steelers should probably just draft that guy.
    "I'm like a hungry piranha with a capybara on it's period in the water..."

- westcoast

San Frans biggest needs are at S, WR and DT.

They can stay put and get exactly what they want and at those positions the drop-off from what they can get in a move up and staying put is minimal.
    I could see them taking DT Jesse Williams sitting right where they are.

I can't see a trade with them and at this point I really don't see a willing partner, not to say there won't be but just not seeing it.
    "Once I start, they'll be no stopping me."

With a bunch of picks, they are more likely to trade around into more day 2 picks.