Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
    I'm thinking probably just one fan. I think Moore is a very strong possibility given their need and his relationship with Miller. Ryan is a perfect fit for a zone team, which Denver mostly is. I have heard some rumblings that they want to play a little more man this year though.
    Signing DRC shows we will likely go with more man coverage; Bailey can still cover, and having Harris as one of the best slot cover guys makes that possible.

If you look at almost every player Elway has drafted, they've all been high character guys, high motor, and well respected team captains or similar. Having watched Moore locally, I can absolutely verify he's a mental basket case, and not someone we'll spend a 1st round pick on. Carradine or even Lemonaire (sp) is a more likely choice at DE.

Round 2 isn't a bad pick, and most of us really like LeVeon Bell; I just don't see him lasting till the end of round 3. I wouldn't be shocked to see him taken by us in round 2, or earlier.

As for King, why would we take him? We are pretty loaded at WR, and using a 3rd rounder on a WR project that won't get any playing time for at least a full year doesn't play into what we're doing right now, with Manning.

Overall for Denver, this draft would be a C+ at best.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Signing DRC shows we will likely go with more man coverage; Bailey can still cover, and having Harris as one of the best slot cover guys makes that possible.

If you look at almost every player Elway has drafted, they've all been high character guys, high motor, and well respected team captains or similar. Having watched Moore locally, I can absolutely verify he's a mental basket case, and not someone we'll spend a 1st round pick on. Carradine or even Lemonaire (sp) is a more likely choice at DE.

Round 2 isn't a bad pick, and most of us really like LeVeon Bell; I just don't see him lasting till the end of round 3. I wouldn't be shocked to see him taken by us in round 2, or earlier.

As for King, why would we take him? We are pretty loaded at WR, and using a 3rd rounder on a WR project that won't get any playing time for at least a full year doesn't play into what we're doing right now, with Manning.

Overall for Denver, this draft would be a C+ at best.
    First let me say, King is your 4th round pick. And what do you mean your loaded at WR? Sure you have Thomas, Decker and Welker but after that you have nothing to speak of. Stokely is ok if he is still there is just some vet who will be playing his last season. Welker will be 32 next month and only on a two year deal. Willis is nothing to speak of, and is Caldwell even coming back? Do you care if he does? I dont see why a young guy with some talent to develope would hurt and injuries do happen.

As for Bell, not sure why the complaint here but Yeah he could go earlier...in the 3rd round , maybe could sneak in the bottom 2nd as anything is possible but id be surprised if it happened. Good player, good size but the guy recently lost 25 lbs down to 230 and has issues keeping his weight down so that may be a problem with him in future years. RB's just arent as valued as they once were. Hec Lacy will probably be the only one picked in the first round...maybe!

Frankly you can use a safety to get Moore out of the lineup. He certainly isnt that great. Was never a fan of Rahim Moore.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-13-2013 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
    First let me say, King is your 4th round pick. And what do you mean your loaded at WR? Sure you have Thomas, Decker and Welker but after that you have nothing to speak of. Stokely is ok if he is still there is just some vet who will be playing his last season. Welker will be 32 next month and only on a two year deal. Willis is nothing to speak of, and is Caldwell even coming back? Do you care if he does? I dont see why a young guy with some talent to develope would hurt and injuries do happen.
    Three solid to star level receivers is loaded even if one is only on a two-year contract. There are only about five teams that I'd consider as having a receiver corps as good as or better than the Broncos.

But I agree that a fourth round pick on a developmental receiver isn't a bad idea.

i don't see the vikings taking 3 LB's in rounds 3-4. They need depth at WR and OL.
    Bleeding Purple since 1977

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    i don't see the vikings taking 3 LB's in rounds 3-4. They need depth at WR and OL.
    Your right, i messed that up when i was fixing things figuring Pittsburgh was going to get NE's thrid for Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Okay, I'll concede the 4th round wr, but only because of our depth. Willis is a good enough 4th WR, and we still have two TE's who factor into the passing game; Tamme and Dreesen, who both had over 40 receptions, along with our RB's who were also over 40 (total).

As for Bell, not sure why the complaint here but Yeah he could go earlier...in the 3rd round , maybe could sneak in the bottom 2nd as anything is possible but id be surprised if it happened. Good player, good size but the guy recently lost 25 lbs down to 230 and has issues keeping his weight down so that may be a problem with him in future years. RB's just arent as valued as they once were. Hec Lacy will probably be the only one picked in the first round...maybe!
    I agree; this draft (and likely all future ones) will devalue the RB. However, I just don't see Bell lasting to the end of the 3rd round. I love the pick; not sure why you think otherwise, but as I said earlier, most of us really like him the best. And his weight wasn't an issue; he normally played at 240-245, and admitted he liked playing at a lighter weight, around 230. He's a big back, and always will be.

Frankly you can use a safety to get Moore out of the lineup. He certainly isnt that great. Was never a fan of Rahim Moore.
    Moore had no camp his rookie year, and really suffered from it. He was leaps and bounds better than his rookie year, and if not for his ridiculous mistake against Baltimore, would still be considered a good young safety. If a safety like Elam or Vaccaro is available, I can see us drafting him, but not to replace Moore, but to replace Mike Adams or work in our 3 safety sets till he's ready to take over.

Either way, Moore is a horrible mental basket case of a DE, and I'd be shocked and disappointed if we went that direction in round 1, and I'd much rather see us go Bell in round 2, and the best available of Gratz, Hayden, Wilson or Slay in round 3.
    There is a time to laugh and a time not to laugh, and this is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Okay, I'll concede the 4th round wr, but only because of our depth. Willis is a good enough 4th WR, and we still have two TE's who factor into the passing game; Tamme and Dreesen, who both had over 40 receptions, along with our RB's who were also over 40 (total).

I agree; this draft (and likely all future ones) will devalue the RB. However, I just don't see Bell lasting to the end of the 3rd round. I love the pick; not sure why you think otherwise, but as I said earlier, most of us really like him the best. And his weight wasn't an issue; he normally played at 240-245, and admitted he liked playing at a lighter weight, around 230. He's a big back, and always will be.

Moore had no camp his rookie year, and really suffered from it. He was leaps and bounds better than his rookie year, and if not for his ridiculous mistake against Baltimore, would still be considered a good young safety. If a safety like Elam or Vaccaro is available, I can see us drafting him, but not to replace Moore, but to replace Mike Adams or work in our 3 safety sets till he's ready to take over.

Either way, Moore is a horrible mental basket case of a DE, and I'd be shocked and disappointed if we went that direction in round 1, and I'd much rather see us go Bell in round 2, and the best available of Gratz, Hayden, Wilson or Slay in round 3.
    Thanks for the feedback, i always appreciate them.

Ill leave this tidbit on Bell with you and anyone else who cares to think it means anything...maybe it doesnt , but it tells me he has trouble keeping his weight down. This is the comments after his proday that was held on March 13th where he weighed in at 229lbs.

03/17/2013 - 2013 Michigan State Pro Day: Le'Veon Bell, RB (6-foot-1 3/4, 229 pounds) - Bell stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine. He looked great in the positional workout, catching the ball very well out of the backfield. This is a player who could be picked up at the top of the second round (NFL.com's Bucky Brooks has gone as far as to say that Bell is the best running back in the 2013 NFL Draft). For those old enough to remember former New Orleans Saints and San Diego Chargers running back Chuck Muncie, Bell's playing style is reminiscent of him. Bell has gotten his weight down around 20 to 25 pounds. Former Houston Oilers and Michigan State running back Lorenzo White has been instrumental in working with Bell and making sure he keeps his weight down.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-15-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuse To Lose View Post
    NE

i think d jones is a better fit for a 34 team
    I agree.

and there are several wrs i would take before williams.
    Like Tavon Austin, who would be an absolute steal at 29.
    Cherish your children for who they are, not who you'd like them to be.

I'm not a 49er's fan, but I think the 1 pick in your mock draft I don't agree with the most it has to be Jonathon Hankins to the Niners at pick 31. I think he ha a chance to fall to the very top of the 3rd Rd and at best he's drafted mid to lat 2nd round. From everything I seen he's in complete freefall. I would have mocked Matt Elam to them at 31.

Now onto the team I follow and that's Pittsburgh. This outcome in the 1st 16 picks would be just horrible for us. If that woul happen I would hope they'd work the phone hard an trade down where they can take Elam who I'd rather have over Vacarro. I have no issues with who you drafted in the 2nd, Minter, or 3rd, Franklin, for us. I would have gone with Justin Hunter in the 2nd, Corey Lemonier in the 3rd, & Mike Gillislee in the 4th. I'd rather come away with Lacy, Ball, Bell, Bernard, or Franklin in that order, but no way I'm passing up Hunter in the 2nd who could easily be a 1st Rd pick and I'm a big Lemonier supporter. I'll be honest I'll be very very surprised if that many RBs are drafted in the 1st 3 rounds. Typically RBs fall and fall and I could see Bell and Franklin being there when the Steeler's pick in the 4th Rd. If the Steelers end up with Elam, Hunter, Lemonier, & Bell I'll be ecstatic.

It surprises me that you'd rather have Elam than Vaccaro in your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofaw View Post
    I'm not a 49er's fan, but I think the 1 pick in your mock draft I don't agree with the most it has to be Jonathon Hankins to the Niners at pick 31. I think he ha a chance to fall to the very top of the 3rd Rd and at best he's drafted mid to lat 2nd round. From everything I seen he's in complete freefall. I would have mocked Matt Elam to them at 31.

Now onto the team I follow and that's Pittsburgh. This outcome in the 1st 16 picks would be just horrible for us. If that woul happen I would hope they'd work the phone hard an trade down where they can take Elam who I'd rather have over Vacarro. I have no issues with who you drafted in the 2nd, Minter, or 3rd, Franklin, for us. I would have gone with Justin Hunter in the 2nd, Corey Lemonier in the 3rd, & Mike Gillislee in the 4th. I'd rather come away with Lacy, Ball, Bell, Bernard, or Franklin in that order, but no way I'm passing up Hunter in the 2nd who could easily be a 1st Rd pick and I'm a big Lemonier supporter. I'll be honest I'll be very very surprised if that many RBs are drafted in the 1st 3 rounds. Typically RBs fall and fall and I could see Bell and Franklin being there when the Steeler's pick in the 4th Rd. If the Steelers end up with Elam, Hunter, Lemonier, & Bell I'll be ecstatic.
    Wow, interesting comments. I am not a Lemonier fan much so i dont agree there. He and Cornelius Washington are two OLB propsects i hope my team avoids. Only thing i agree with you on is maybe picking a WR higher but i do not think Hunter is first round material.

Also, Pittsburghs top WR's last season were Wallace(3rd round), Sanders (3rd round) and Brown(6th round) and the WR's this year, i think you can find a good one in the 4th so though i can see you get one higher, i can also see you waiting.

Good stuff though, thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-15-2013 at 06:03 PM.

S/ILB/RB/WR for the Steelers sounds fine. Where do I sign up?

Tight End for the Falcons at #30 is not the sexy, splashy defensive pick that all of us fans want so badly, but it makes sense.

The chances of the Falcons selecting Mathieu are slim to none. Blank & Dimitroff are straight character guys, and obviously the Honey Badger won't pass their Falcon Filter. Chances were slim before yesterday, but now, with the arrest of S William Moore for domestic battery, it ain't happening.

Good idea, though; you know the Falcons' needs.
    "I just want to be a really filthy old man and get paid for it." -George Carlin

I like the stuff. Great effort.

Personally I'd take Carradine at 10 over Werner. But that's JMO. Not saying I want Carradin at 10 either though.

I still think Tenn is in a great spot to move down if Star is still on the board. I think they SHOULD take him, but won't.

With no trade out I feel they gotta take Warmack, Carradine/Jamar Taylor in round 2, I love me some Sio, the Tenn LBs all sucked last year besides Ayers. And in round 4 I think any of Stills, Marquess Wilson or Faulk (we shoudln't forget both starting OTs are 30 are UFAs after the 2013 season) would be perfectly acceptable choices.
    Mac9, to the true warrior. the ultimate competitor and the most worth adversary any athlete has ever faced off against. He was an inspiration for both his on the field play, off the field contributions and his leadership. The world is now a worse place without him.

"Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity" - Justice Antonin Scalia

"Just because you're the lone voice in the wilderness, it doesn't mean you're wrong."
    - Ghandi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123